The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The state of eso PvP summarized in one short clip

forzajuve212
forzajuve212
✭✭✭✭✭
This seems to be the standard eso pvp experience now that everyone is a nightblade: https://streamable.com/agx6kv

Anyone else seeing this?

• Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone can crouch... What's the issue?
    Options
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    I took the time to level up my sneak to 100 at the greybeards therefore I should be able to one shot you from stealth.
    Skyrim is so cool!!!
    Options
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean now that everyone is a NB, Stamsorc, or Stamden? Because seriously....green netch's and hurricane everywhere.
    Options
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can relate to this...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »
    Everyone can crouch... What's the issue?

That IS one of the issues.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the fact that it takes 6 people sneak attacking you at once in order for you to die? Gee I wonder why gankers are now teaming up with each other to attack single targets, what could be causing this?

Sword and board: Check
    Keeping defensive buffs up(even when not in combat): Check
    30k+hp: Check
    Heavy armor: Check?

Keep stacking more and more passive defense and players that want to kill you have to keep adding more damage.
    Eventually we reach the point where defense cannot be overcome, so we have to just stack more gankers. Sick of these lazy passive defense builds with mega high hp running around cyrodil. Its mostly stamdens and stamcros, but dragon knights get the lethal arrow too. Just remember that your actions have consequences, you build tanky, then dps build for more damage. The only way gankers can win this arms race between offense and defense is with additional players. This is the future you chose.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean the fact that it takes 6 people sneak attacking you at once in order for you to die? Gee I wonder why gankers are now teaming up with each other to attack single targets, what could be causing this?

Keep stacking more and more passive defense and players that want to kill you have to keep adding more damage.
    Eventually we reach the point where defense cannot be overcome, so we have to just stack more gankers. Sick of these lazy passive defense builds with mega high hp running around cyrodil. Its mostly stamdens and stamcros, but dragon knights get the lethal arrow too. Just remember that your actions have consequences, you build tanky, then dps build for more damage. The only way gankers can win this arms race between offense and defense is with additional players. This is the future you chose.

If we go back in time a few years ganking was sooo easy and annoying in the first proc set era that the knee jerk reaction was to build tanky. Ever since it‘s an arms race, right. But dont confuse cause and consequence in your lopsided contemplation.
    Options
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you realize, that exactly this mentality drives solo players to invest more and more into defense and health?
    If the pugs, noobs or whatever you like to call them stack more and more players, need to sneak attack in groups, wear more and more proc sets or whatever other coward tactics they wanna use, the more the solo players have to go this route. So you also have the choice. If you want to play a coward attacking one player with 6+ people, then you dont have to wonder, when they build for tankyness.

You blame the OP for beeing cautious, playing solo and actually use skills. What is this kind of mentality?

Btw your gankers do not build for more damage, but use more and more tactics, which dont require skills. They slot more proc sets, again no skill or they stack more players. Guess again, no skill. If they would improve in skill, that would at least be a start...but no.
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know people stack passive defense to counter gankers, that is why I called it an arms race. What are you talking about? Of course gankers are building for more damage. What do you think we use simmering frenzy for? Do you think we like lowering our own health? Its so we have a chance of killing an iron potato from stealth.

How is it that players that use active defenses like rolling and cloaking get called "No skill", but stacking hp and armor is skilled? One requires action and reflexes and the other requires looking up a build. NO, the true cowards are the ones that crutch on armor and hp instead of their own reflexes to get them through combat. Calling people cowards, while hiding behind a layer of passive defense so thick you can tank multiple enemies at once. Get real.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know people stack passive defense to counter gankers, that is why I called it an arms race. What are you talking about? Of course gankers are building for more damage. What do you think we use simmering frenzy for? Do you think we like lowering our own health? Its so we have a chance of killing an iron potato from stealth.

How is it that players that use active defenses like rolling and cloaking get called "No skill", but stacking hp and armor is skilled? One requires action and reflexes and the other requires looking up a build. NO, the true cowards are the ones that crutch on armor and hp instead of their own reflexes to get them through combat. Calling people cowards, while hiding behind a layer of passive defense so thick you can tank multiple enemies at once. Get real.

I call people coward, that sit 40 meters away and use snipe, people that team up with overwhelming numbers to defeat one player, people that „gank“, when somebody is already in a fight with somebody else or when you fire ranged attacks from safe spots or people, that try one sneak attack and then hide for minutes because their one-shot combo failed. If you dont belong to those people, then i guess thats fine, if you do, that makes you a coward in my eyes. Similar to that, sorcs that use streak after streak in a 1v1 is a coward too. Either you fight your fight, one vs one facing your opponent or not. You sound like of the dudes though, that liked to use titanborn (last patch), simmering frenzy and snipe from 40m away, hope to either one-shot their prey or that snipe desync deals with it. But if you dont succeed, you cloak away and try again a minute later (if you are that guy, then you are a coward to me).

You can call people cowards, who play stamden and stamcroes with 40k health or whatever. Thats just a matter of personnal opinion. But remember, that those players cant run and hide as easely as you, they either win or die. They only can face their situation and cant evade it like a little sneaky nb ***.

But anyway, the people in the video, crouching to assault one player 6v1 are definitely cowards.
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol there is not a single damage capable build that can't be 1v1ed by a Stamblade, if you can't kill a solo player on a Stamblade the problem is not the build you're fighting against. When lethal arrow gets that fat nerf, remember this is the future you chose by hiding in stealth killing unaware players on ESO for 6 years
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you realize, that exactly this mentality drives solo players to invest more and more into defense and health?
    If the pugs, noobs or whatever you like to call them stack more and more players, need to sneak attack in groups, wear more and more proc sets or whatever other coward tactics they wanna use, the more the solo players have to go this route. So you also have the choice. If you want to play a coward attacking one player with 6+ people, then you dont have to wonder, when they build for tankyness.

You blame the OP for beeing cautious, playing solo and actually use skills. What is this kind of mentality?

Btw your gankers do not build for more damage, but use more and more tactics, which dont require skills. They slot more proc sets, again no skill or they stack more players. Guess again, no skill. If they would improve in skill, that would at least be a start...but no.

I can't even begin to grasp why someone would think buffing is a bad idea? Should we all be on gankers or something? Elder Stealth Online?
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol there is not a single damage capable build that can't be 1v1ed by a Stamblade, if you can't kill a solo player on a Stamblade the problem is not the build you're fighting against. When lethal arrow gets that fat nerf, remember this is the future you chose by hiding in stealth killing unaware players on ESO for 6 years

LOL they aren't going to get rid of sneaking after 6 years. Ill be deleting potatoes on eso from stealth until the game shuts down. I got a treasure trove of salty message screenshots that would make even a dragon jealous. I play solo bud and I am outnumbered most of the time. At most ill duo with one of my friends, but I ain't joining 6 man groups.

Options
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, the Stamdens, Stamcros, and Stamsorcs want to be able to run around rocks and towers killing entire groups without you ruining their fun.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be the standard eso pvp experience now that everyone is a nightblade: https://streamable.com/agx6kv

Anyone else seeing this?

What happened was no stealth...
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    This is the thing that always gets me about people in MMOs and particularly around the topic of evasiveness (especially stealth or kiting).

People build warrior archetype characters who excel at standing their ground and fighting. Heavy armour, big weapon, maybe a shield. And I'm not just talking about ESO here. Playing that kind of character might be your power fantasy. That's totally cool. But for others, they might want to play an evasive assassin, powerful mage or a trickster. Each of these archetypes has a win condition. For the warrior it's to stand there and fight. So it's quite understandable that someone who wants to play a warrior would find it frustrating or even deem it "cowardly" to not just stand there and fight. But really, if someone who isn't built the same way as you stands there and fights on your terms you're going to win. But I suppose that's what you want, right? You want people to play on your terms or die on your terms. So when someone comes along with a mage that kites you, or an assassin that ambushes you... that makes you mad. You came here for 1 on 1 melee combat. And this guy just came along and almost killed you. And what's worse... the guy just vanished before you had a chance to land your meaty melee combo on them.

The truth is, ESO gives you a lot of tools as a melee warrior to deal with stealth and kiting. You've got camo hunter to prevent people re-stealthing. You have AOEs to take people out of stealth. You have gap closers and pulls to stop someone kiting you. You have cover to force a ranged character to come close.

Does it sting to be killed by a sniper or a group of gankers? Of course. But it also stings to be one shot by a Warden's Sub Assault > Dizzy > Medium Attack > Execute combo and die to someone who was seemingly too tanky to simple one-shot you like that. Yes yes, I know it's a harder combo to pull off because you don't have the element of surprise. But you know what? Different classes excel in different areas. To complain about a Nightblade using cloak, a Warden having access to powerful buffs, a Sorcerer using Streak or a Dragonknight using leap is asinine. Those are some of the class-defining abilities. Do some people play those classes without those abilities? Sure. But you can't get mad at people for using the strongest tools in their classes' kit. If I can't use Streak... you can't use Sub Assault. Deal?
    Edited by Xiomaro on September 26, 2020 3:52PM
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
    Options
  • BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, If built right, especially next patch, heavy attacks will able to almost 1 shot 30k+hp players especially with empower + off balance, even if they nerf snipe, gankers will always find a way to break the game and that's what makes playing one fun.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, this is a much better representation of PvP (especially NOCP).
    (showing damage taken)
    [img][/img]erNKxSN.png
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    (showing damage taken)
    [img][/img]erNKxSN.png

The extreme proliferation of proc sets is what's wrong with pvp, not a bunch of nightblades (or other stealthed characters) near a keep siege.

I wonder if all proc sets shared some kind of Gcd if it would help. Single sets don't feel as oppressive. Or a very cheap self purge option anyone could slot to counter the dot procs.
    Options
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    This is the thing that always gets me about people in MMOs and particularly around the topic of evasiveness (especially stealth or kiting).

People build warrior archetype characters who excel at standing their ground and fighting. Heavy armour, big weapon, maybe a shield. And I'm not just talking about ESO here. Playing that kind of character might be your power fantasy. That's totally cool. But for others, they might want to play an evasive assassin, powerful mage or a trickster. Each of these archetypes has a win condition. For the warrior it's to stand there and fight. So it's quite understandable that someone who wants to play a warrior would find it frustrating or even deem it "cowardly" to not just stand there and fight. But really, if someone who isn't built the same way as you stands there and fights on your terms you're going to win. But I suppose that's what you want, right? You want people to play on your terms or die on your terms. So when someone comes along with a mage that kites you, or an assassin that ambushes you... that makes you mad. You came here for 1 on 1 melee combat. And this guy just came along and almost killed you. And what's worse... the guy just vanished before you had a chance to land your meaty melee combo on them.

The truth is, ESO gives you a lot of tools as a melee warrior to deal with stealth and kiting. You've got camo hunter to prevent people re-stealthing. You have AOEs to take people out of stealth. You have gap closers and pulls to stop someone kiting you. You have cover to force a ranged character to come close.

Does it sting to be killed by a sniper or a group of gankers? Of course. But it also stings to be one shot by a Warden's Sub Assault > Dizzy > Medium Attack > Execute combo and die to someone who was seemingly too tanky to simple one-shot you like that. Yes yes, I know it's a harder combo to pull off because you don't have the element of surprise. But you know what? Different classes excel in different areas. To complain about a Nightblade using cloak, a Warden having access to powerful buffs, a Sorcerer using Streak or a Dragonknight using leap is asinine. Those are some of the class-defining abilities. Do some people play those classes without those abilities? Sure. But you can't get mad at people for using the strongest tools in their classes' kit. If I can't use Streak... you can't use Sub Assault. Deal?

Facts. As if being killed by these Stamden and Stamsorcs is fun lol. I have to sneak/cloak in order to be effective, and I can't count how many times I attempted to attack one of the above and my burst is healed through or shielded as though it never happened lol. Then if caught they can typically destroy me in seconds. They're just angry that they can't get free kills off me most of the time.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be honest here.

When I saw the video clip, what caught my attention was that your character just stood there, incapable of doing anything, for way too long. I hate that and found myself agreeing with the title of the thread.

Then I read the whole stealth/NB thing and I'm like meh. I'd rather fight 100 NBs with their annoying cloak than a single player who equips 4 proc sets and just spams a single ability which just overwhelms what our nerfed classes and abilities can possibly do.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 26, 2020 5:06PM
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One a related note, how high has everyone gotten their Icy Conjurer tooltips up to with Malacath? I easily got 38k on a Magden build with great open world stats.

Don't worry though guys, after the Defile nerfs Wardens will still have Arctic Blast.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    get caught by group of crouching enemy, nothing wrong, move on
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People being invisible by crouching in an open field in bright sunlight is ruining my immersion.

Cloak is at least magic, but these guys were just - squatting.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    People being invisible by crouching in an open field in bright sunlight is ruining my immersion.
    Do not remove grass in your game options - its possible to hide there.
    Options
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    (showing damage taken)
    [img][/img]erNKxSN.png

yy this is true :D 3-4 NB injection sheer venom venom smite ..
    Options
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you ran into a group in sneak, probably waiting for other members to catch up or something. And because they in fact were NOT nightblades with cloacks, someone got caught sneaking and they had to kill you, cause they were exposed. Unlucky encounter for all involved most likely.
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how nobody saw the real issue: after break free and with immunity up you got another fear that prevented you to roll dodge ( in fact as I saw, you started to roll dodge to get out from the root but something stopped you)
    Since I know you can't be rooted again in the 4 seconds (not sure) after it and with immunity cc up since you break free before what stopped your roll dodge?
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Xiomaro wrote: »

Facts. As if being killed by these Stamden and Stamsorcs is fun lol. I have to sneak/cloak in order to be effective, and I can't count how many times I attempted to attack one of the above and my burst is healed through or shielded as though it never happened lol. Then if caught they can typically destroy me in seconds. They're just angry that they can't get free kills off me most of the time.

Interesting how many times you guys quote stamsorc like it is the most op class while in cyrodil there are like 10 of them , cuz ofc they are good only in mobility and yeah they are fun , but don't write it beside stamden, stamcro, stamblade. Thanks
    Options
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    Options