The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Major/Minor regen buffs are just going to drag long fights out much longer

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
There is already a huge issue in this game with people that build purely for the sake of survival, these players are streaking like they’re in a race, weaving cloak/roll dodge or cycling between perm blocking and mist form. The buff to well fitted and sturdy added to this, since Impen is so garbage now and healing has become so weak, mobility and line of sighting has become the absolute meta and often only way to survive which isn’t entirely a bad thing but kiting and resource management requires a degree of skill and is becoming easier and easier. The addition of eternal vigor has given everyone a huge opposite of their main resource regen, brought on the widespread use of tri stat food and is pushing health pools even higher.

The problem with this is that with builds like a stamblade and stamsorc running around with 1800-2k mag regen the cloak and streak spam is about to mimic a magica classes, cheesy health recovery builds will be even more rampant than they currently are and builds that want to cycle between Mistform and block are going to be easier to sustain on than even before. This doesn’t need nerfs but the issues of roll, cloak, streak spamming is about to be worse than ever and I cant imagine the health recovery a stamsorc with eternal vigor, troll king and a tri pot up will have as they dodge roll or block once the health recovery procs.
Edited by Fawn4287 on October 6, 2020 10:04PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ask for changes after they change it so skills can work differently in pvp. otherwise forget it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is bad for PvP, always was. Get rid of it!

But this is starting to become an issue in no-cp to a much smaller degree. But the problem isn’t sustain, it’s that the trade off is almost non existent. Building for Crit has huge trade offs, building for WD has huge trade offs. Building to where your gear does all the damage while you roll around the place has next to no trade offs,while you stand and ‘brace’, same thing. People should need to find a balance in their build.

Scale damage on gear with offensive stats, and allow procs to crit again. Make malacath shite by balancing the game around a lack of requirement for it to kill people.

Done.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP is bad for PvP, always was. Get rid of it!

But this is starting to become an issue in no-cp to a much smaller degree. But the problem isn’t sustain, it’s that the trade off is almost non existent. Building for Crit has huge trade offs, building for WD has huge trade offs. Building to where your gear does all the damage while you roll around the place has next to no trade offs,while you stand and ‘brace’, same thing. People should need to find a balance in their build.

Scale damage on gear with offensive stats, and allow procs to crit again. Make malacath shite by balancing the game around a lack of requirement for it to kill people.

Done.

100% Agree, ive been trying to get this point accross forever.

And yes cp pvp is bad(sadly a lot of people love it).

Unfortunately non cp is on the other end of the spectrum where most ppl blow up 1-2 gcds at the moment.

Imagine if ZOS tried balance pvp around non cp, and they could better pve balance with cp.

And then they could fiddle with battlespirit to balance pvp separately.

Ah, one can only wish.
    Edited by Firstmep on October 7, 2020 11:19AM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally biased how you complain about stamblade and magsorc while ignoring the actual oppressor (stamden, stamcro etc) which are basically unkillable for almost all builds. I mean regen builds haven't been an issue since years, it's stacking health, stacking mitigation and taking away all counters against healing/block/dodge and dot pressure on most of the classes which leads to the current clown show.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more i see your complain posts, like this one or the one you cry about nighblades cloak, the more i'm convinced you don't have a clue about PvP. You are basically looking excuses for the fights you lose: eternal vigor, cloak, streak, etc. That's not how balance works. And what is curious is that you always complain about setups or stuff that is key for 1vXing, like LoS, Cloak, Dodge, Streak, Over Sustain, etc.....i wonder why :)

In this current meta, health regen is not really a problem, regen ticks every 2 seconds, so 2 GDC, any offensive combo is faster than that, you wont get more than 1 tick of regen before getting executed, people don't die from pressure but from burst. With the exception of malacath dots/procs builds, that are so busted that even in a meta with pressure is irrelevant, they outperform.
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    They nerfed New Moon bc ppl can get a lot of sustain and now they give ppl even more sustain lmao
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man people will complain at anything.

PvP is mostly a burst and timing game.. Time it and it doesn't matter if they have 304982904k sustain, they'll die.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »

PvP is mostly a burst and timing game.. Time it and it doesn't matter if they have 304982904k sustain, they'll die.

LOL, ok come fight me in my eternal vigor, pariah, engine guardian, wild hunt ring CP build. CP pvp is a joke, everyone is running stalemate builds.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed New Moon bc ppl can get a lot of sustain and now they give ppl even more sustain lmao

For real...
    Cries wrote: »

LOL, ok come fight me in my eternal vigor, pariah, engine guardian, wild hunt ring CP build. CP pvp is a joke, everyone is running stalemate builds.

Yeah I mean it's not the end of the world or anything but I wish they would just leave the regen buffs alone, just switched to no-CP and am really enjoying it, don't really want these new 40% buffs to introduce some CP-esque power creep. CP is complete garbage right now and it's because all the sustain and mitigation CP gives ppl shoehorns into building for damage.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem with that build isn't the regen. It's the engine guardian is sucking up probably 60% of the damage that you are supposed to be taking. That is why you see more and more players using this set every day.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »

The problem with that build isn't the regen. It's the engine guardian is sucking up probably 60% of the damage that you are supposed to be taking. That is why you see more and more players using this set every day.

And that is not problem of the set, but the targeting system which is very flawed even outside of PvP (just try to taunt Lothis or Felms when standing near Olms). We should cure the cause not the symptoms.

But back to the topic now. Magicka regen had to be increased to make up for the huge nerf on Minor Magickasteal. And magickasteal had to be nerfed (at least Zos thinks so) in order to make player more reliant on themselves and less on external buffs. But, how would it look if Major Intellect was 40% and Major Endurance and Fortitude only 20%?

I would rather increase base regen values which are currently at 544 for stamina and magicka to something like 700 and leave major/minor buffs as they are. That would help magicka to overcome the nerf to magickasteal without making them reliant on sorcerers/wardens in PvE and without making stamina too good in PvP. Flat regens are strong on medium and light armor builds, but not on heavy which is prefered armor weight for stamina characters in PvP.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 8, 2020 5:45AM
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand, people who continue to build for regen will have regen that is off the charts compared to the current patch.

On the other hand, it will allow people to drop some of the regen in their burst builds and take more damage. Or if there's no regen to drop, it just means more pressure from already high pressure builds.

This change is definitely contrary to ZOS' reasoning behind the AOE tests so it's a questionable change in that regard. But the exact implications are yet to be seen. It might actually shift the meta away from building for regen because you simply don't need to think about it at all.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These buff changes are good for pve, don't forget it's the majority of this game.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally biased how you complain about stamblade and magsorc while ignoring the actual oppressor (stamden, stamcro etc) which are basically unkillable for almost all builds. I mean regen builds haven't been an issue since years, it's stacking health, stacking mitigation and taking away all counters against healing/block/dodge and dot pressure on most of the classes which leads to the current clown show.

Cloak and streak are the biggest crutches for bad players in the game, which good players barely use, I’ve been snipe spammed from cloak by 100 different players for every 1 good stamblade I see, who barely uses cloak and is good with shade, I haven’t seen more than a handful of good stamsorcs in the last few patches yet every second zerglings has gone and thrown eternal on one, can’t kite to save themselves and just streak and sprint off every time they think there is even the slightest chance of getting clapped. How many good players hold block for dear life non stop? None, but every second 30k + health running around cyro relies on holding block with how ever many pieces of sturdy and a board the moment you try to focus them. The reality is good players can sustain and run enough regen as is, its wet healing thats holding back 1vXers atm the only difference is bad players that crutch on these skills are just going to cloak spam more, the streak spam sorcs (now mag and stam) are never ever going to be caught and heal bot tanks are going to be even harder to focus down than they are now.