The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS first time login problems

CalixStay
CalixStay
Soul Shriven
I have a PC eso account (physical copy of game, not via Steam) that I've been using since mid 2018 on the NA server, have never had sign in issues with the associated email, username or password; but have never used the PTS server. I decided to download the PTS about 4 days ago to get a look at the Markarth dlc, and have had multiple issues. First the download took 2 full days, but that was expected- this morning I took the opportunity of the ending of the Lost Treasures event, and went to login to the PTS for the first time, very excited to get a look at the new zone, and found the PTS was under maintenance, so I had to wait for another patch and another download- again, not a big problem- maintenance occurs regularly.

But when I finally got a chance to actually sign in and see what the PTS experience was like, I've had nothing but headaches. To begin with, I start the launcher and select PTS, and get a field that asks for a username and password, but doesn't give much indication to a noob whether you're supposed to use the username and password from the 'regular' server (NA or EU) or create a new account. I finally decided from studying the tooltips that I was supposed to use the same user account and password as my NA server account.

But when I try to login, I get a message that my pc is "not authorized" to access the account, even though I can quit, restart the launcher, change to the NA server and login using the exact same credentials and access the game without any problems. The same error message also indicated it would send me an access code to authorize my pc to the email associated with my account, but no access code was ever sent, I've been checking all folders in the email account all day long, and the error message said I would have to wait 24 hours! to request a new access code to be sent. WTF?

Is there some mysterious process to logging in to the PTS that I'm missing, since I assume multiple people are using it without issues? Do I need to create an entirely new ESO account just to access the PTS? If there is some problem with my login credentials, why am I able to access the game via the NA server on the exact same PC with the exact same credentials, and play for hours with no problems?

Any help appreciated,
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should start an Online Support ticket, @CalixStay.

Before doing that, double check that your listed e-mail in your account details is still good. The only way to change your e-mail is through a ticket.

Yes, your normal PC NA credentials are what you normally use to log in to PTS. The one-time password likely kicked in because it was your first time on PTS.

Good Luck!
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CalixStay wrote: »
    But when I try to login, I get a message that my pc is "not authorized" to access the account, even though I can quit, restart the launcher, change to the NA server and login using the exact same credentials and access the game without any problems. The same error message also indicated it would send me an access code to authorize my pc to the email associated with my account, but no access code was ever sent, I've been checking all folders in the email account all day long, and the error message said I would have to wait 24 hours! to request a new access code to be sent. WTF?

The code not coming is definitely a bug and I would raise a ticket. I logged into the PTS for the first time today and had to do the same thing although I did receive the code.

But imputting a code for different servers is entirely normal. I have played on PC NA before and when I decided I'd do the daily logins for PC EU to get the 100K (just in case I start a toon for proper there) I had to authorise my PC for that server, too. You can quit, restart and log into the NA server just fine because your PC has already been authorised for PC NA in the past. If you tried to login to the live EU server if you never have before you'd have to use an authorisation code there, too. It's just how it works.
  • CalixStay
    CalixStay
    Soul Shriven
    My issue is resolved. Thanks to everyone who responded. Problem might just have been user stupidity- I was searching for an email at the account listed that had a subject line like "access code" or something similar. I don't think I ever received anything, but I have an issue anyway where I originally played ESO on console, then later got the pc game on disc, and some of my account links have gotten mixed between console accounts and pc accounts, but I did see something in one of my email accounts about "unknown ip address" and I didn't think anything of it.

If anyone else later has this same issue; I logged into my usual pc account on the NA server and signed in as far as the character screen then went to settings and account and changed my existing email to a different one.

Very quickly I got an email with the "unknown IP address" subject line and when I opened it, there was the access code I had been waiting for. Got signed in and have wandered around Markarth a bit, which looks very nice indeed, just like I remember from Skyrim, but with the reachmen decor added to the dwemer stuff.

Thanks again, and please close out my thread- I'm good to go.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little off topic, but since it's your first trip into the PTS, a couple things worth knowing:
    • The crown store works a little differently. You have 5500 crowns, which refresh daily. This is not related to your live balance at all. So, you can use it to grab things for testing. (Though the PTS crown store's catalog is a little different from the live version.)
    • You can roll up a max level (template) character. (There's also a level 25 template available.) Max level template characters have a large collection of containers which have items needed for your testing needs. Including transmute crystals, boxes which contain every non-crafted set in the game, crafting items.
    • Rolling up a template will immediately set your PTS account to 810 CP, unlock all dyes and most outfit styles.
    • Nothing you do on the PTS affects your real account.