The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Sub Assualt

Styxius
Styxius
✭✭✭✭
With the changes to Major Frac/Breach, why did we not make this part of the base morph instead of just removing it from the stam morph?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no developer comment in the patch notes, @Styxius ... but I suspect they consider the buff to Major Breach would make Sub Assault too powerful.

You can get Major Breach through other skills or gear set bonuses for Stamina characters.

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE purposes, I would trade breach for double cast :D
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    For PvE purposes, I would trade breach for double cast :D

Yeah, I couldn't believe that but double cast on Subt Assault was enough to resurrect PvE stamden from the dead. Poor stamDK is going suffer the fate alone :lol:
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    @Styxius they removed debuff because of pvp and added doublecast because of pve, and I think both is well deserved
    It is roughly 5k dps gain on atro which is really nice. There is even a thread about how weak the pve buff was :P
    Edited by Saubon on October 8, 2020 6:40AM
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    sub assault and minor/major buffs were strength of warden. What is warden after this changes?
    Was my favourite class, going to be rubbish. so sad.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buff should have stayed on stam morph and removed from mag coz they have other means to get it, like ele drain. Stamden has no other way to apply major breach.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Buff should have stayed on stam morph and removed from mag coz they have other means to get it, like ele drain. Stamden has no other way to apply major breach.

Its same like with surprise attack. Hard hitting ability shouldn't have major debuff.
    There are skills for damage and then there is rest which should serve as buff/debuff spells with minor or no damage.

Now if you want breach, you have to make slot for it, just like anyone else
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

Its same like with surprise attack. Hard hitting ability shouldn't have major debuff.
    There are skills for damage and then there is rest which should serve as buff/debuff spells with minor or no damage.

Uhm ehm, noxious breath? Cheap, moderate AoE direct hit, solid dot attached, can proc Combustion passive, Breach attached. I get that the skill is hard to use in dynamic environment but by your simple logic the skill would look very overloaded (when it isn't of course). There is much more than just Damage vs Utility.

Not mentioning that Warden's magicka morph (Deep Fissure) still retains Major Breach which completely breaks your logic - Huge AoE burst damage and Major Breach attached.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 9, 2020 7:35AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And what should I slot there on stam warden? The only way to apply the debuff is to wear night mothers bs
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And what should I slot there on stam warden? The only way to apply the debuff is to wear night mothers bs

Pierce Armor as any non-DK stamina character? In PvP of course.

In PvE there are supports that are supposed to take care of such debuffs.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 9, 2020 7:49AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was talking about pve, sorry should have mentioned. And I'm not worried about when in group. It's just gonna be dps loss to do vMA, vVH or solo anything and it doesn't make any sense to keep it on mag morph and remove from stam. Every mag player can apply major breach with ele drain. Most content favors mag as is. Why not let stam have it too. Stam dk, necro and nb have it.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    @Kurat you'll do the same thing like any other stam dd and use caltrops or take a bitter pill and do 10% less dmg (12% in next patch)

Edit: double SA effectively frees every sixt GCD and RC have 10 sec duration+debuff stays for another 4 sec it is still win if you have a backbar slot to spare
    Edited by Saubon on October 9, 2020 8:16AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »
    @Kurat you'll do the same thing like any other stam dd and use caltrops or take a bitter pill and do 10% less dmg (12% in next patch)

Like any other stam dd? I just said that dk, necro and nb has it. And templar has minor fracture which will be buffed.
    And use caltrops? Lmao. Try fighting some boss throwing caltrops every 4 seconds, dmg is trash and it cost too much, no way to sustain.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Every tick of caltrops applies it, so 14 seconds. And, y I use it for soloing on stamcro/stam NB aswell
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was talking about pve, sorry should have mentioned. And I'm not worried about when in group. It's just gonna be dps loss to do vMA, vVH or solo anything and it doesn't make any sense to keep it on mag morph and remove from stam. Every mag player can apply major breach with ele drain. Most content favors mag as is. Why not let stam have it too. Stam dk, necro and nb have it.

And why should stamina have hard hitting damage ability with major breach?
    Strange thing is, you think is wrong to force stamden to use sub assault+caltrops, but somehow is ok to let magden use deep +ele.

Also, when i need major armor debuff, i have to make skillslot for ele drain. Unlike warden had it, i have no major armor debuff on my damage skills.
    So, please, try it too
    Edited by Anyron on October 9, 2020 1:15PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »

Like any other stam dd? I just said that dk, necro and nb has it. And templar has minor fracture which will be buffed.
    And use caltrops?

You need to do a little research.
    • NB has it on a single target skill, so they'd probably still go for Caltrops if they wanted aoe major breach, Mark Target is pretty much a dead skill right now, even more so with the nerf to Major Berserk on Reapers Mark.
    • Necro has it on an aoe skill, but it costs magicka so does next to no damage, it doesn't cost your main resource so thats a possitive, but it also lasts for less time. Both skills are 10s long, but Caltrops applies the debuff for 4s to any target damaged. Boneyard does not, the targets need to sit in the aoe to have the debuff, so not only is it less reliable, but it also needs to be cast much more frequently. Boneyard is also 6m with no snare, while Caltrops is 8m with a -50% snare. The difference of major breach uptime can be night in day in something like VMA.
    • DK, yeah it's a part of their rotation the same way Warden had it.
    • Templar is single target and minor breach which was nicely buffed, so not sure what they'll do. In vma, 9.1k pen is the minimum on bosses, with some bosses going to 12ish k. If they're not using Caltrops, they will have to invest like 6k pen base and have -3k on most trash mobs where another class would invest maybe 3k pen and get the remaining 6k on every trash mob. It puts them in a tricky spot where they don't want to overpen, but they'll underpen on everything else vs another class setup.

So... 1/6 classes has a good way of applying aoe major breach. It's safe to say most stam DD's are using Razor Caltrops in solo content.
    Lmao. Try fighting some boss throwing caltrops every 4 seconds, dmg is trash and it cost too much, no way to sustain.

The skill lasts 10s and applies major breach to any target hit for 4s. Aka, 10s duration = 14s major breach. It costs the same amount as Endless Hail. It's also worth noting, -50% snare is really useful in pve to group targets in your Endless Hail, which ALSO lasts 14s so it's very easy to line up in existing rotations.

You should really try it before knocking it or making up comments like "throwing caltrops every 4 seconds".

Yeah it sucks to lose major breach, no doubt, but lets not pretend it's as bad as your making it out to be, your getting something in return. Razor Caltrops is luckily available for Stamina builds. Magicka builds do not have a universal way to access aoe major breach (unless they want to use Razor Caltrops too), applying it 1 target at a time, with no damage and wasting a skill slot, is not fun nor engaging with Ele Drain so I'm not sure why you hold it to such a high standard for Magicka builds.

Edited by MashmalloMan on October 9, 2020 9:28PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit