The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Mag Necro Blastbones.

• Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tested any magcro dos on pts yet
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »
    Anyone tested any magcro dos on pts yet

Magcro is not my best class but as far as I can tell it's not that different. Atleast BB never buged out. So thats nice.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRTE wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been mentioned in another post. But the mag version of blastbone's needs a fix. This stat, The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target. Needs to be changed to something like distance traveled as it no longer chases target.

This post needs attention. I cant believe this hasn't been addressed yet!!
  • deleted210809-001958
    or at least they can be honest and change description to "this morph do nothing".
    i don't understand why they nerfed colossus's vulnerability so hard and didn't touch nb's incap debuf.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Kyatos wrote: »
    or at least they can be honest and change description to "this morph do nothing".
    i don't understand why they nerfed colossus's vulnerability so hard and didn't touch nb's incap debuf.

Because incap buffs 1 person dmg, major vulnerability buffs everyones dmg

I agree with blastbones tho, they should change morph to distance traveled instead, so it would do +50% dmg while used at max range. At range magcros have to use 3 fillers between BB instead of 2 which is dps loss
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    setayco wrote: »
    Made two consecutive posts about this last pts cycle. Both times i have gotten little feedback. Its really disappointing, the 10% damage increase on a debuff that can be purged before you are able to burst is really lackluster honestly, this patch is a little hard to grasp

It's because you're supposed to make a werewolf. Shhhhhh.
  • Drewzi
    Drewzi
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we could get a response or acknowledgement for this as we are losing 20% off our ultimate. Also the patch notes for major vulnerability was stated as 25% instead of 30%...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka BB should get Minor Brittle.

• Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Could the dev team pleas communicate back to the community on plans for blastbones morph it's been months
    Also was the 10% major vulnerability intended since it was an actual reduction from 30% not 25% as stated in notes
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    setayco wrote: »
    Made two consecutive posts about this last pts cycle. Both times i have gotten little feedback. Its really disappointing, the 10% damage increase on a debuff that can be purged before you are able to burst is really lackluster honestly, this patch is a little hard to grasp

It's because you're supposed to make a werewolf. Shhhhhh.

Lol cuz werewolf didn’t get slapped with a defile nerf.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »
    Kyatos wrote: »

Because incap buffs 1 person dmg, major vulnerability buffs everyones dmg

I agree with blastbones tho, they should change morph to distance traveled instead, so it would do +50% dmg while used at max range. At range magcros have to use 3 fillers between BB instead of 2 which is dps loss

Distance travelled is a bad idea unfortunately. While this may help some in PvP, it really doesn't have any impact on PvE because Necromancers need to stand near point blank range just to ensure BB's cooldown isn't extended. They really need to rethink the morph entirely.

Making Stalking Blastbone corpses detonate a second time if they weren't already consumed. Making them apply a DOT. Making them apply Minor Vuln. There are tons of options, but they need to give up with the distance travelled type thing.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    Distance travelled is a bad idea unfortunately. While this may help some in PvP, it really doesn't have any impact on PvE because Necromancers need to stand near point blank range just to ensure BB's cooldown isn't extended. They really need to rethink the morph entirely.

Making Stalking Blastbone corpses detonate a second time if they weren't already consumed. Making them apply a DOT. Making them apply Minor Vuln. There are tons of options, but they need to give up with the distance travelled type thing.

Absolutely agreed! Distance traveld is not the answer.
    better options would be: brittle, dot, or the mentioned second explosion
    Two other ideas: MagBB leaves a AOE for a short time after explosion. Or increasing dmg for every second cast. Stuff like that would be nice too i think.
    Edited by Wuerstal on September 25, 2020 10:24AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put minor brittle on it.
  • setayco
    setayco
    ✭✭✭
    Im sorry, but i will not let this post get lost and not be on the front page. After 1 year of bugs with this skill and the lack of synergy between its own active passive something needs to be done.

Suggestions have been made. Minor Mangle, Distance traveled, refreshing or stacking dot, healing absorption. Something that is on par with it stamina counterpart which is more reliable and theory crafty, to give it a sense of identity other than a clunky version of deep fissure.
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    just gonna throw this out there, but what if the magika morph instead summoned two blast bones at like 55%~ the damage. the idea being it does a little more damage and summons more corpses for corpse skills.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Minor Mangle or Healing Absorption the most. That actually would materially assist magRomancers in PvP.

Brittle should absolutely NOT be put on it as that's intended to be a Frost Staff unique de-buff not shared out to every class and build like how Minor Vulnerability has.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    I like Minor Mangle or Healing Absorption the most. That actually would materially assist magRomancers in PvP.

Brittle should absolutely NOT be put on it as that's intended to be a Frost Staff unique de-buff not shared out to every class and build like how Minor Vulnerability has.

Not really a fan of your sugessted change... It's useless in PvE. I get that defile of stammorph also is pretty useless in PvE but the mag morph had a bonus that (atleast in theory) would also help in PvE (if only slightly). So I would not be happy with a debuff like Heal absorption or stuff like that. The intention of the skill was, that you get a dmg boost. So give us a dmg boost if X happens. every second cast has slightly increased dmg,.. something like that.

On another note: I hate that brittle is froststaff unique because other than that, froststaff is still bs. The shield looks hideous, blocks the view way to much and is borderline useless. So you have to use froststaff only for the brittle even though I'd rather not use it at all. So while I think its a BAD idea to put minor brittle on magBB I would also not be sad about it if it would happen.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wuerstal wrote: »

Not really a fan of your sugessted change... It's useless in PvE. I get that defile of stammorph also is pretty useless in PvE but the mag morph had a bonus that (atleast in theory) would also help in PvE (if only slightly). So I would not be happy with a debuff like Heal absorption or stuff like that. The intention of the skill was, that you get a dmg boost. So give us a dmg boost if X happens. every second cast has slightly increased dmg,.. something like that.

On another note: I hate that brittle is froststaff unique because other than that, froststaff is still bs. The shield looks hideous, blocks the view way to much and is borderline useless. So you have to use froststaff only for the brittle even though I'd rather not use it at all. So while I think its a BAD idea to put minor brittle on magBB I would also not be sad about it if it would happen.

The issue with the debuff is however that even if you get the full benefit of 50% additional damage you miss out on 100-200% additional damage if the skill would properly fire and you could use it reliably back to back.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are so many interesting things they could do with this skill that would not break balance or kill pvp. I am honestly surprised nothing has been done yet. It hasn't even been acknowledged.

Stalking Blastbones needs a secondary effect for its morph. It currently does NOT have one.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    The issue with the debuff is however that even if you get the full benefit of 50% additional damage you miss out on 100-200% additional damage if the skill would properly fire and you could use it reliably back to back.

I don't see how this relates to my post in any way. Sorry.
    1. What debuff?
    2. I don't get it. Do you mean that even if you buff BB by 50% on every second cast you would lose dmg because the skill is not going through as intended? Then you are loosing 300% dmg right now because the functionality would not be any different. (sidenote: 50% increase would be way to much in my opinion)
    3. Do you suggest to balance the skill with the bug/unwanted behavior in mind that BB does not go off properly? [snip] They'll have to balance the skill as if it was working as intended. Otherwise you'll end up with some really broken stuff.
    4. I agree that they have to fix this skills functionality. It's been over a year. no excuses. BB not connecting is unacceptable at this point.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 28, 2020 1:00PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wuerstal wrote: »

I don't see how this relates to my post in any way. Sorry.
    1. What debuff?
    2. I don't get it. Do you mean that even if you buff BB by 50% on every second cast you would lose dmg because the skill is not going through as intended? Then you are loosing 300% dmg right now because the functionality would not be any different. (sidenote: 50% increase would be way to much in my opinion)
    3. Do you suggest to balance the skill with the bug/unwanted behavior in mind that BB does not go off properly? [snip] They'll have to balance the skill as if it was working as intended. Otherwise you'll end up with some really broken stuff.
    4. I agree that they have to fix this skills functionality. It's been over a year. no excuses. BB not connecting is unacceptable at this point.

My comment was based on this line here "the mag morph had a bonus that (atleast in theory) would also help in PvE"
    And by no means do i think the skill should stay as unreliable as it is and be balanced around it.
    I'm just mocking on how bad the current buff is which we all agree on.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 28, 2020 1:00PM
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    My comment was based on this line here "the mag morph had a bonus that (atleast in theory) would also help in PvE"
    And by no means do i think the skill should stay as unreliable as it is and be balanced around it.
    I'm just mocking on how bad the current buff is which we all agree on.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Was just a bit confused about your statement. Glad we agree :D
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another Monday. Another week without acknowledging this problem.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wuerstal The original design of the Magicka Blastbones morph was also PvP-oriented. In PvE you need to camp out basically on top of the boss in order to get a seamless cast of BB every third GCD. If you cast it while farther away you gained the extra damage but you also lost a GCD which put you behind in your overall DPS. The morph was only useful in PvP where burst damage is king and where you overall DPS does not matter. So replacing it with another PvP-oriented ability is no loss of power compared to the original morph.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make stalking blast bones apply a unique burning dot that deals 50% of the blastbones dmg over 6 seconds
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    @Wuerstal The original design of the Magicka Blastbones morph was also PvP-oriented. In PvE you need to camp out basically on top of the boss in order to get a seamless cast of BB every third GCD. If you cast it while farther away you gained the extra damage but you also lost a GCD which put you behind in your overall DPS. The morph was only useful in PvP where burst damage is king and where you overall DPS does not matter. So replacing it with another PvP-oriented ability is no loss of power compared to the original morph.

You sure got a point there. But I still think that something that benefits both PvE and PvP should be considered. If they do something that only benefits PvP thats fine by me. I just wish there were some small benefit for PvE as well.

On another note: ZOS: I see some comments were edited by a moderator. You got no more excuses now! ;)

But lets be serious: A simple acknowledgement of the issue would be nice for a start. But there is nothing to be seen or hear from at all.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have it scale up with less enemies in radius. 1 enemy max damage 2 less etc.

top and bottom damage being the current scale.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on October 6, 2020 4:46PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....