Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it worth upgrading purple armor to gold for vet trials & vet dungeons

Freefalling17
Is it worth spending the money upgrading your armor to the maximum? Would Purple or blue do just as good as gold.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. purple is fine for everything except for non craglorn vet trials.
    Make anything purple if you want to use it anyway because it costs next to northing. Then once you know you want to use that piece of gear, make it gold. Why not, that is what the gold mats are for. There is no point on hoarding all your mats and gold for something later on.
    So use purple gear while trying out the gear then make it gold once you want to use it.
    Even if you later want to change gear you can put in in the bank for another build.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weps gold definitely, armor is fine purple. Every patch some sets get buffed and some nerfed useless. Unless you got alot of gold mats laying around I wouldn't bother upgrading, the difference is so small.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Weps gold definitely, armor is fine purple. Every patch some sets get buffed and some nerfed useless. Unless you got alot of gold mats laying around I wouldn't bother upgrading, the difference is so small.

Yep, unless you're trying to push into that 90K DPS range. Still, I've golded out my armor. Money is so easy to come by in this game and while those mats are expensive, you can make the money back fairly quickly. Jewelry mats on other hand....