The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

are enemies damage values in trials/dlc dungeons getting adjusted?

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
simply put it will be impossible or close to impossible for most set ups that are viable now for tanking to tank vet trials and vet/hm dlc dungeons next patch because of the buff changes. what is going to happen?. I think a lot of people will just quit playing tanks.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not even phase me.
    I will keep tanking.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is Minor Cowardice now though which should be an easier to obtain damage debuff rather than relying on a NB to apply. Maybe tanks will want to finally utilize Minor/Major Aegis for once, wildly considered a meh bonus. Throw in Evasion if you need too? Build for higher HP?

Not sure how everything is looking, I don't tank, but I doubt things are that much different that you can't rebuild some stats around to adjust for it if you needed to.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    There is Minor Cowardice now though which should be an easier to obtain damage debuff rather than relying on a NB to apply. Maybe tanks will want to finally utilize Minor/Major Aegis for once, wildly considered a meh bonus. Throw in Evasion if you need too? Build for higher HP?

Not sure how everything is looking, I don't tank, but I doubt things are that much different that you can't rebuild some stats around to adjust for it if you needed to.

NB is taking the largest hit. power extraction going from unique to named. which will be terrible. this is not counting everything else.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

NB is taking the largest hit. power extraction going from unique to named. which will be terrible. this is not counting everything else.

While I like the idea of unique bonuses over named ones, all the classes need rebalancing with the changes anyway so I don't think it's a big deal at least for now. Minor Cowardice is only available through posions if I'm not mistaken, maybe there is a set out there so a NB still has that edge. Minor Breach on the tank on the other hand becoming so easily available completely kicked Templars in the ***s.

It's still a great skill and now a little more powerful. I think losing your 10% dmg mitigation was a much bigger deal last patch, although it shouldn't of ever been there in the first place. NB's need better passives, aka a rework that every class needs now.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Top end groups will adjust and manage. But average pug tanks already have trouble staying alive in dungeons like vMHK, vFV, vFL, vDoM etc. Last week our group even had to kick tank from vFL last boss coz he couldn't stay alive for 10 seconds.
    As usual Zos intends to lower the ceiling and raise the floor but end result is opposite.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Top end groups will adjust and manage. But average pug tanks already have trouble staying alive in dungeons like vMHK, vFV, vFL, vDoM etc. Last week our group even had to kick tank from vFL last boss coz he couldn't stay alive for 10 seconds.
    As usual Zos intends to lower the ceiling and raise the floor but end result is opposite.

exactly this^^^
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my experience , ZOS never listen the midcore and new joined players feedback .
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    From my experience , ZOS never listen the midcore and new joined players feedback .

and they dont listen to the old ones (and this for sure)... so they are listening to no one?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If surviving becomes more difficult, that's a good thing in my opinion. Then there might be more reason to actually improve survivability instead of just trying to push dps as much as possible.
    But honestly I doubt that will happen.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most dungeon tanking survivability comes from understanding the mechanics. When learning, groups should probably take a healer. If a tank that is being healed by self+healer is dying, it is mechanics handling, not a mitigation issue. We've all struggled through something in ESO and later done it with different tactics such that it becomes much more doable or even trivial.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If surviving becomes more difficult, that's a good thing in my opinion. Then there might be more reason to actually improve survivability instead of just trying to push dps as much as possible.

Tanks in ESO already do far too little damage while dps are way out of control. you want it to be -WORSE- ??
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, can’t wait to spec all into sustain and survivability and spend three times the time doing something that shouldn’t take that long. Sounds lit.

For real tho this is an MMO, and like every MMO ever - damage is paramount. Take it away and you’re asking for people to leave.