Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My secondary account with millions worth of mats/items -- Banned.

TheFazu
TheFazu
✭✭
Was sitting in Vivec City a few hours ago on newly made (secondary) account while I was off playing my main, and all of a sudden she gets kicked offline. When I tried to log back into the game, it says this account has been permanently banned. This is very unfortunate because I had just bought the game for this account 2 days ago, and had nearly 10mil of items stored on it. This is extremely upsetting for me, but I understand why this may have happened.

I am very large trader and I cannot afford to list some of my smaller selling items on my main account, which is why I decided to buy the game for a second account to use as storage/extra listing. I usually send gold to my main account and smaller items to this secondary account for selling on the guild stores, this may be why I was targeted for a ban...

All I am is a lover of the MMO genre and a paying ESO plus member. I would be more than grateful if a member of ZOS could please contact me or to somehow let me know if my ticket is or will be looked at any time in the near future.

There's no email to confirm my ticket or "appeal", so I'm not sure what's going on. Please I hope you understand my concern... thank you for taking the time to see this post.

Edited by TheFazu on September 28, 2020 12:13AM
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    This is on PC - NA btw.
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    #:200927-005575
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Social muting or full ban? Just curious. At least with the former they can and will re-enable it - eventually.

Still sucks, though: family members/same household, guild masters, traders, crafters....all serially mugged.

It's almost like zos just don't want anything other than solo fishers and house furnishers to play. Not that I think either of these gaming niches are bad but I just don't see many 'help' posts like this from either demographic.

While it's not personally my game I know some players for whom trading and amassing virtual 'wealth' is their end-game. Hope you get this fixed, OP. It takes a long time and lots of play-effort to amass virtual stuff only to have it snatched away like that.
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    @Souterain
    It was a full ban ;(

And you are absolutely right, I work very hard to obtain my wealth in-game which is my also my end-game... first I spend 30+ mil on TERRIBLE rng crate openings, now this happens? It constantly feels like I've been walking 2 steps forward and then getting pushed 10 steps back lol.

I am on schedule to hit 250 mil sales on my main account this week but I'm totally bummed out, it feels almost worthless to keep going.

Edited by TheFazu on September 27, 2020 10:52PM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no - a missed personal achievement goal, too. :( That is painful.

Sorry to learn it's a full ban. No idea about that sort of thing; there was a similar thread recently I think where someone created a new account and spent lots of gold/crowns enabling dlc etc only to have it perma-banned.

I very much hope yours has a happier ending. And you get a chance to reach your in-game goal.

Good luck.

edit: May be useful to tag @ZOS_BillE - (s)he seems to be actively and proactively helpful with these sort of issues.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on September 27, 2020 11:03PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way for ZOS to know accounts are owned by the same person. They see millions worth of stuff go in one direction and it looks like real-money-trading done outside the game, and RMT is a huge no-no. Even if there is no standardized appeal process, enter a ticket. It'll come back with some unhelpful auto-response. Just keep replaying to same ticket, explaining that you believe you were banned for RMT but it is a mistake because you own both accounts and were trading with yourself. It may take a while to reach someone who can help, but stick with that one ticket and keep replying (don't open multiple tickets - it just creates multiple low-priority tickets at bottom of queue). If you can prove you own both accounts, via credit card records or something like that, they may cut you a break. It is worth a try.
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    Thank you I appreciate all the support guys, it means a lot to me!

Hopefully, someone could help expedite this process...

@ZOS_BillE

Also both of the accounts I own have extremely similar names, anyone who would see the user ID's could tell that it's me.. hopefully that helps the situation a bit.

Edited by TheFazu on September 27, 2020 11:35PM
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @TheFazu, the ticket number you posted has been closed as a duplicate of 200927-005419. Your ticket is in the right place and should be responded to soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFazu wrote: »
    I am very large trader

Maybe this is the issue ?

I mean, there are only so many hours in a day and so many items you can farm / buy / sell / resell during this time, even if you sleep & eat in front of the computer, and even if you're extremely organised ingame. What do you mean by "I am a very large trader" ? How long did it take you to reach "250 million sales" ? There's nothing wrong with playing the trading endgame intensively, but frankly, this sort of figures make your account eligible for a closer examination. And large gold/items transfers only in one direction to a newly created account even more so.

Some volumes posted on guild traders by individual accounts can only be achieved if those people use a group of bots or a team of "sub-players". These groups do exist for the purpose of selling the gold in exchange for real life cash, which is obviously against the TOS.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 28, 2020 2:04PM
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Chiroptera Thank you so much for your response !!

@anitajoneb17_ESO I am a in fact a re-seller.. I go around buying cheap goods I find and sell them afterwards in the best trading guilds available on NA, which allow me to sell at a premium cost. So I don't actually make a full profit from my sales, not even close lol. (Example: Price of Dreugh Wax has just been skyrocketing, so during the week I went around and bought all of the Dreugh Wax under 9300g ea and saved up LOADS until this past weekend, therefore I could re-sell at a higher value (10,399 ea)

Again it isn't the biggest profit margin because of taxes, but if you are consistent it's worth it over-time! I also do this with chromium plates, etc... pretty much anything that I can make profit on. At least the taxes do help my guilds out substantially. I also find this method to be better than the farming method because it injects less mats into the economy.

Also as it turns out my numbers were wrong, I think I could only hit 200m by the end of this sales week. It's not that hard to accomplish, if you only eat/sleep/trade. I don't get this high in sales every week, I just decided to push hard to earn enough gold to afford a solid amount of the new Sovngarde crates. Not to mention that it is very exhausting doing this 19 hours a day and very easy to get burnt out on it.

I've never done anything against TOS on either of my accounts, and I do not know of any bots or "sub-players." I am often in zone chat WTB and rummaging through guild traders or chasing down items I find on TTC.

That radiant apex purple wolf is so freaking cool.
    Edited by TheFazu on September 29, 2020 3:00PM
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    Still no direct response to me regarding the ban / ticket I had put in... patiently waiting, but desperately needing this account back to list my lower end items on guild stores. (and get my gold / items / furnishings back)

I'd make a new secondary account while I wait... but how do I know that one won't get wrongfully banned as well? ;( -- Edit: Also I'm really not wanting to keep bugging my guild leader about having to make room for my alt accounts over and over...

Looking forward to a response as soon as possible please ...
    Edited by TheFazu on September 30, 2020 6:16PM
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    I know this is not ideal but for my conscious sake I did submit a new ticket, as I felt it was necessary because my first one was incomplete. This ticket is #200930-003291 -- If it's closed as a duplicate I understand, I'm just trying to make sure everything is copacetic! My apologies!
    Edited by TheFazu on September 30, 2020 6:35PM
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is not ideal but for my conscious sake I did submit a new ticket, as I felt it was necessary because my first one was incomplete. This ticket is #200930-003291 -- If it's closed as a duplicate I understand, I'm just trying to make sure everything is copacetic! My apologies!

If you keep opening tickets you are moved back to the end of the queue. Stick with one ticket.
  • TheFazu
    TheFazu
    ✭✭
    Has been re-activated ! thank you ZOS <3 much love
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been re-activated ! thank you ZOS <3 much love

Glad to hear that ! Happy trading ! :-)

Just be careful in the future : as an intensive trader, you ought to know what gold sellers do and make sure your actions/transactions don't *look* like theirs.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update on the situation. As the account has been re-activated again we are going to close the discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.