The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bring back old Istirus Outpost map for dm

Cinbri
Cinbri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Original map was probably one of the best bg maps for deathmatch. Its size and style that was imitating Cyro was allowing lot of repositioning in outer part of map by using ladders, tower, etc. and as result lot of mobile fights where you couldnt be safe just by stack in some corner edpecially in premade vs premade fights; it was also granting feel of playing Cyro but without rudiculous lags. Even playing most boring game modes is entertaining coz original map promote unstacking. Nowdays noone use map as arena where everyone fights in the middle, instead it safier to just stack and fight at stairs zone, making every deathmatch exactly the same.
Since premade bgs are coming - give back original map, just like other modes. At least for test purposes.
Edited by Cinbri on September 30, 2020 4:00AM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Original map was probably one of the best bg maps for deathmatch. Its size and style that was imitating Cyro was allowing lot of repositioning in outer part of map by using ladders, tower, etc. and as result lot of mobile fights where you couldnt be safe just by stack in some corner edpecially in premade vs premade fights; it was also granting feel of playing Cyro but without rudiculous lags. Even playing most boring game modes is entertaining coz original map promote unstacking. Nowdays noone use map as arena where everyone fights in the middle, instead it safier to just stack and fight at ladders zone, making every deathmatch exactly the same.
    Since premade bgs are coming - give back original map, just like other modes. At least for test purposes.

I've noticed even chaos ball on the smaller map usually ends up the same as well. One team gets a hold of it, takes it back to the area beneath their spawn, and keeps it there until they win. Since the only way to get to it is through the doorway, all the team with the ball needs to do is AoE the pinch point while ranged team members rain spells/arrows from above. Not to mention, since both teams are trying to get through the doorway, it usually becomes a fight for access to the pinch point, while the team with the ball keeps gaining points. The small map just usually gets very repetitive as far as strategy/gameplay goes.
    Edited by ealdwin on September 29, 2020 11:06PM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ladders
    wait there were ladders? did i miss something?
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why they changed it in the first place.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ladders
    wait there were ladders? did i miss something?

I meant stairs. Google translate... :blush: