Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dig up Bonus Rewards during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event"

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ol_BANK_lo wrote: »
    So what actually moves the progress meter? The act of uncovering something?
    The guy who changes pictures Scrying and digging up stuff
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    So... if you are a member of the community and playing ESO, but do not have the Greymoor chapter, IF the event succeeds, will you get the house?
    Nope. That's a chaper promotion event, so you need to have that chapter to benefit from it.
    Edited by Nairinhe on September 26, 2020 7:00AM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alphawolf01A

I think you are right about only excavations in Skyrim dropping the boxes. I forgot that we would be digging all over Tamriel and only the world boss, delve etc..in Skyrim would count. Still, I hope they at least drop with excavating in Skyrim.

I got a greympoor motif from excavating in western skyrim and boxes even dropped from nodes for me.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    BlackReach nodes are not double drops.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they are not counting previous progress on digging means I will probably not be able to contribute much at all to the event and I really want to help get that free house.

I have only got one lead so far from a treasure map during the event and I play for many hours each day. I rarely get leads anymore. Getting the first one is usually easy but after you get a few of the same one they just don’t drop anymore.

There is also the conflicting requirements of getting all the Greymoor motif pages by staying in the new zone and the scrying. I have 12 Snow Prince chairs now. If I go outside the zone (which I have for hours to try to get a new lead, with no luck) then I don’t get any Grey Host loot boxes that *might* give me motif pages.

See the problem now?

I'm personally content with the few purple loot boxes while I do my dailies on a few characters, so I've been going to the starter zones to dig. I'll scry both my green and blue treasure leads, run on foot to the blue, then the green (so I get that blue lead again) and I'll gather mats and kill things as I go for the furnishing leads, of which I've gotten a few, and repeat. It's a little boring, but I'm digging up a lot.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pink_E_808 wrote: »
    The fact that they are not counting previous progress on digging means I will probably not be able to contribute much at all to the event and I really want to help get that free house.

I have only got one lead so far from a treasure map during the event and I play for many hours each day. I rarely get leads anymore. Getting the first one is usually easy but after you get a few of the same one they just don’t drop anymore.

There is also the conflicting requirements of getting all the Greymoor motif pages by staying in the new zone and the scrying. I have 12 Snow Prince chairs now. If I go outside the zone (which I have for hours to try to get a new lead, with no luck) then I don’t get any Grey Host loot boxes that *might* give me motif pages.

See the problem now?

I'm personally content with the few purple loot boxes while I do my dailies on a few characters, so I've been going to the starter zones to dig. I'll scry both my green and blue treasure leads, run on foot to the blue, then the green (so I get that blue lead again) and I'll gather mats and kill things as I go for the furnishing leads, of which I've gotten a few, and repeat. It's a little boring, but I'm digging up a lot.

Great plan, unless you have already done all of the freebie green, blue and purple leads for all zones and a lot of the other ones as well (as I have and many others have).
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dug up all the maps furnishings and couple of things I already had leads for. That's it, my job here is done.
    Now, please, can Sovngarde style pages drop rate upped a bit? I farmed boxes for two days on my main and after that just ran dailies on other characters, and I still have only one page :'( Drop from the first, gold box should be guaranteed, at least
  • CkSeaK
    CkSeaK
    Soul Shriven
    Hey all,
    I've been trying to travel to solitude to pick up my dailies and each time I am left in the ,"this may be an unusually long load time screen". I understand the advertisements for this event have worked perfectly...
    Where is the preparedness for this outcome.
    I have tried loading in several times and with each I am left on the ULLT screen for 10m+. I waited 30 minutes on one attempt as I was, luckily, able to land in Shadowfen and join GC.
    I've reset. I've cleared Cache...
    Please fix this.
    -Sephi
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone also confirm that "all of Tamriel" also includes planes of oblivion and places removed from Tamriel like Eyeveya, Coldharbour, Artaeum....???
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aelthwyn yes, the digs include those in other planar places like the ones you mentioned.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any prerequisites for Solitude dailies? I have lvl 6 DK and NPCs just won't spawn for him, but I think that I got lvl 7 on my necro from these dailies. Is there something I might be missing?

Edit: it seems that characters started with Greymoor must complete The Gathering Storm, I did it and NPCs appeared
    Edited by Nairinhe on September 28, 2020 1:43PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nairinhe I don't know for sure on Skyrim daily prerequisites but I believe I read on a thread that there is indeed a level 7 prereq. I recall speculation about that rather odd number being appropriate so new chars that started in Skyrim would not be immediately overwhelmed with quest markers everywhere.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @AcadianPaladin that's weird number, also Senchal dailies were available, while Solitude ones weren't, so it must be some very very specific limitation
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Care to share how style pages drop is? For me it's absolutely abysmal - helmet on the first day, then helmet again a bit later, and that's it. And I'm at 20+ purple boxes per day :'(
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great plan, unless you have already done all of the freebie green, blue and purple leads for all zones

It is not possible to have "done all" the freebie blue and green leads, as they continue to repopulate.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great plan, unless you have already done all of the freebie green, blue and purple leads for all zones

It is not possible to have "done all" the freebie blue and green leads, as they continue to repopulate.

I meant that I have done enough to unlock the codex info for all those. Do you really feel like I should have to do more than that?

I also did 13 of the green one in Western Skyrim to level up before I realized there were leads in other zones.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know some people believe that these community events are all fake, that it's in the plan from the beginning that we will all succeed, because marketing. Perhaps that's true, and I'm sure some will believe that no matter what anyone says.

But I don't believe it's entirely true. I think if no one did anything, if we all said, "Oh, it doesn't matter, who cares," and did nothing, the meter wouldn't rise enough, and they would not give us the reward. And perhaps the game would fold - who would want to play a game like that anyway?

Be as cynical as you wish, and marketing probably plays a part, but I still believe they also want to make the game fun for us too. This gives us a goal, something to participate in, that gives us a huge reward at the end.

Perhaps it could've been better (maybe increase the chance of getting leads, or even give us some extra ones because of the event, please? Having purple treasures available one more time for those of us who had already done them would've been an awesome thing for those of us who had already done them all, since what we had already done, didn't count!) - but at least they're trying.

I'm looking forward to the house, the fawn, and meeting Phedre. Thank you to everyone on the development team who does these things.

Oh - please fix the double drops in Blackreach! The crimson nirnroots are singing!
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a level 6 toon (both skill lines) working on level 7. Between the three zones I have tried, I get green and blue leads , and no purple leads after the blue. I have had purple from chests, and they worked. I thought purple leads comes with level 5. Am I incorrect or is this a bug?
    Edited by GlassHalfFull on September 30, 2020 11:22PM
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... if you are a member of the community and playing ESO, but do not have the Greymoor chapter, IF the event succeeds, will you get the house?

After the community has unlocked all three rewards (or the time runs out), all Greymoor players can claim the unlocked items from the in-game Crown Store for free. Note that only players who own the Greymoor Chapter can claim the rewards.

From there page so I guess if you don’t have Greymoor you don’t get the prizes though who know with Zos these days
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    I have a level 6 toon (both skill lines) working on level 7. Between the three zones I have tried, I get green and blue leads , and no purple leads after the blue. I have had purple from chests, and they worked. I thought purple leads comes with level 5. Am I incorrect or is this a bug?

The purple leads marked as "treasure" are apparently only meant to drop once, account wide, while the other purple leads - usually furniture - are about as rare as they drop from various sources ( which are not direct digging). So if you stick to just digging, you will most likely be stuck to green and blue - only.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the purples being account wide. I have a L10 Antiquarian but for the event have strictly been taking a different character to L7 for the glowing chest perk. She's gone from L0 to L6.5 doing absolutely nothing but repeating green/blue in Artaeum and did not ever see a purple lead at L5.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 1, 2020 11:26AM
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »

The purple leads marked as "treasure" are apparently only meant to drop once, account wide, while the other purple leads - usually furniture - are about as rare as they drop from various sources ( which are not direct digging). So if you stick to just digging, you will most likely be stuck to green and blue - only.

Now I understand what is going on, and what to do next.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the purples being account wide. I have a L10 Antiquarian but for the event have strictly been taking a different character to L7 for the glowing chest perk. She's gone from L0 to L6.5 doing absolutely nothing but repeating green/blue in Artaeum and did not ever see a purple lead at L5.

I did not know they were account wide, thanks for the info.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100%.

Claim that house!

Oh yes and the purple giant mouse and the talky walky lady.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, thank you ZOS for this event and the antiquity house as the prize!
    :)
    I also appreciate the new motifs and furnishing plans that are making their way into guild traders now. I did not have much luck myself even though I got tons of purple loot boxes but it will help lower the prices of ones I have to buy.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• meerling
    meerling
    Soul Shriven
    The treasures progress page says we can get the rewards from the store.
    I'm not finding them in there. Maybe I failed my perception check, or just aren't looking in the right place yet.
    Can anyone help me find them?
  • meerling
    meerling
    Soul Shriven
    Finally found it.
    The bundle is under Special Offers in the store.

I really like the house. Now I need more furniture.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meerling wrote: »
    Finally found it.

I didn't catch that we got the rewards in the crown store until now and didn't notice them there... seem to be gone.

Looks like they expired on October 15th, 2020 if anyone else is looking it up and wondering.

Oh well :|

EDIT: Or it was already in my collections anyway??? Just found the stuff by accident :D

WOOHOO B)

Edited by tinythinker on November 4, 2020 2:16AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meerling wrote: »
    Finally found it.

I didn't catch that we got the rewards in the crown store until now and didn't notice them there... seem to be gone.

Looks like they expired on October 15th, 2020 if anyone else is looking it up and wondering.

Oh well :|

I had missed that too, but i asked support very politely and they got me the stuff anyway. just be nice to em and chances are good you get it.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.