The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should the abilities that provided major/minor buffs be rebuffed?

Ivan04
Ivan04
✭✭✭✭
WIth the new nerf to all standart buffs/debuffs sdo many abilities became less desirable (including certain class abilities). Some classes and roles depended on standart buffs more than other classes. For example, nightblade's 20% buff to damage from incap didn't get changed because it wasn't a major debuff, while necromancer's major vulnerability got strongly nerfed, thus maing necromancer ult less desirable in pvp and pve. Can we please consider the overall picture and do some serious rescaling? @ZOS_Gilliam I know it was you :P
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the patch notes they made it pretty clear that they realize this will have an impact that they'll need to handle later, so yes, this is half baked and they know it.

In some ways it's understandable that they would let the chips fall where they may *and then* fix the issue rather than try to anticipate player adjustments. Still, it feels like every patch is like this.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a patch that wasn't half baked instead of making changes here and there; but that's just the way it is.

For the buffs, I think they have a vision and we should see it through, I'd rather see it rebalanced in a new system than an old because my class currently sustaining in trials is terrible and I'd rather there be a chance at something better than keeping something stagnant and annoying.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that all of the buffs and debuffs have availability and uptime balanced around them having different power levels. Now the power levels are normalized, but the availability and uptime haven't been adjusted to compensate.

My favorite example of this is to compare Major Courage to Major Berserk. SPC and Olorime were already two of the best healer sets and they got a massive buff from this change. The actual Major Courage buff wasn't all that great numerically, but the sets were essential because they provided the buff to a whole group with nearly 100% uptime and very little effort. Major Berserk, on the other hand used to be significantly more powerful, but all of its sources only affect a single player and most of them have low uptime. After the changes, SPC and Olorime are almost competitive as solo DPS sets (compare Major Courage to something like Julianos 5pc), while everything that provides Major Berserk is a lot less useful to anyone.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on September 28, 2020 4:00PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is a good change overall, but it definetly warrants a class audit. I will still play my warden next patch and I think it will still be strong(PvP).
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nova is the prime example. It should provide 30% damage reduction and not Major Maim. Such a weak effect (new Major Maim) for an expensive Ultimate is laughable.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 28, 2020 5:15PM