The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game needs to install again? How can I make it download faster?

SoSparkly
SoSparkly
✭✭
Today when I tried to log on to the game all of a sudden steam prompted me to reinstall the entire game but I was playing last night just fine. Is this a common issue? How can I avoid this in the future? I am not looking forward to another 7 + hour download (I didn’t even get the game that long ago I started playing in August). I have had so many issues with Steam I gave up redownloading from the Steam client and chose to download it through the game’s website. Can I speed up the download? It has been 40 minutes and I’m only at 3%

Edit:I checked my maximum download in the settings of the launcher and it says unlimited

Edit again: I found out I can’t play if I download it from the main website if I bought it through steam so I paused that download (only at 5% after 2 hours anyway) to resume through steam again I’m not even sure if this is a question thread anymore but I’m so annoyed and confused and not sure why the game uninstalled itself in the first place

This is a roller coaster if anyone reads this thank you for your time and apologies for the frustrating journey
Edited by SoSparkly on September 24, 2020 1:52AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SoSparkly

Did you recently run any Windows updates?

Something may have changed with the game install path making Steam think the game is uninstalled.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    Steam sucks
  • SoSparkly
    SoSparkly
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE thank you for responding! And no, I have updates on my computer turned off. I have no idea why it happened but a handful of guild mates have also mentioned this happened with their game in the past (and they all play through steam as well). :( I really hope it doesn’t happen again it is such a bummer when you just want to play but get a 7 hour download instead
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also happened to me.