Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night Mother's Gaze - weird change?

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
From the 6.2.0 patch notes:
Night Mother’s Gaze: This set now applies Major Breach for 4 seconds, rather than Major Fracture for 6 seconds when you Critically Strike an enemy.

Why would a stamina based set even want to reduce a target's spell resistance? Reducing physical resistance makes far more sense.

Night Mother's Gaze - current bonuses
2 items: Adds 833 Weapon Critical
3 items: Adds 129 Weapon Damage
4 items: Adds 833 Weapon Critical
5 items: When you deal Critical Damage you apply Major Fracture to the enemy, reducing their Physical Resistance by 5280 for 6 seconds.

Why change this at all? I fail to see the logic.
Ray
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fracture goes away in this system, and breach gives debuffs to both spell and physical resistance.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read again. Fracture got removed just like Ward. Breach is the name for both spell and pyhsical penetration.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also... you might be in a group with a magicka build that will appreciate the debuff...
    Playing since beta...
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow - I totally missed the combo of fracture/breach. So Pierce Armor got a nice buff with the addition of minor breach.

Thanks for the answers, guys.
    Ray
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they implement a single Critical Strike chance attribute versus Spell or Physical division of the attribute than all these sets will be impacted; since its a crafted set, you could easily turn this set into a magic version for building into Critical Strike with a hefty Offensive Penetration value.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone looking for the answer that I so obviously missed... its hidden in developer's comments:

Major Breach:
    Increased to 5948, up from 5280.
    Major Breach now affects both Physical and Spell Resistance equally.
    Ray
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really wish they had changed all these Crafted Sets to just give both Magicka and Stamina versions of their set bonuses.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Really wish they had changed all these Crafted Sets to just give both Magicka and Stamina versions of their set bonuses.

This. Even though initially changing the more hybrid oriented ones (and even then not all) made for a nice and sensible change, I always felt like all of the crafted sets being designed for use by both stam and mag specs seemed ideal. There's already a concrete separation of stam and mag when it comes to all other gear from trials to overland. A good portion of crafted sets already lean towards being hybridized, so making all of them that way just seemed ideal.