The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild info showing no trader won - bugged?

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »
    aaand its broken after flip again

So PC stands with consoles, again. Broken for all.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    some communication would be constructive for a problem that existed for more than 1 month.

we all send tickets, but you closed without fixing.

I think things are not going well inside.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @OsManiaC this is what happens when the Argonians are placed in charge of the code.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    @WIZZARD2K this might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway..... if someone runs that script, does it fix the problem for all guild members or would each guild member need to run the script individually ?

This one's way outside of my little bit of knowledge I'm afraid!

no, these scripts are part of the API which SHOULD return information (used by addons) however they currently do not. They are an indicator of what part is breaking down, sadly, and do not actually "Fix" anything.
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    @OsManiaC this is what happens when the Argonians are placed in charge of the code.

Pretty sure if these were my argonians they would act accordingly due to the fact that if they not they are going to get BBQed.

But it seems, no one is asking in the HQ that "HEY GUYS, people are complaining for 1+ months, you have a job to do - you now right?"

or some supervisor already asked and one replied;

"Oh, Guild Trader stuff, forget those losers, we never gave them a priority for 5 years, these issues can wait"

and probably, they all agreed to take care of other issues. As I never see a "solid" fact that "trading" issues got solved under 24 hours.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

• JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really see the difference now since the guildfinder is also affected. We get soo much less applications and if we, do some people leave instantly because they think we do not have a trader :(

This is not a niche issue, everyone who uses the guildfinder is affected, it is unacceptable that so many people keep getting ignored! Please ZOS, just tell us an ETA or something...
    Edited by JN_Slevin on September 23, 2020 10:42PM
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this bug has gone unaddressed for two updates now, maybe more. :(
    ]
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JN_Slevin wrote: »
    We really see the difference now since the guildfinder is also affected. We get soo much less applications and if we, do some people leave instantly because they think we do not have a trader :(

This is not a niche issue, everyone who uses the guildfinder is affected, it is unacceptable that so many people keep getting ignored! Please ZOS, just tell us an ETA or something...

Agreed. The amount of traffic from the guild finder is down substantially since the move to Tuesday swaps. This seems to be the reason for it.

This really needs to be fixed. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, any word?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems like they do want people to use the guild finder system more. There is a new quest related to it in Markarth. I’m really surprised this issue hasn’t been addressed yet.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a beefed up guild thing on PTS I hadn't seen on live: a quest and a guild-finder board in markarth. I'll have to look next time I'm on pts and see if the bug is fixed next patch
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, flip happened a couple days ago, and the trader location IS showing on PTS, and both of my test scripts above function as expected, returning TraderName in Location for any trader I visit, so we have that to look forward to
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have to hope we dont have to wait ANOTHER month before we get a fix for this though "/
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seem unusual how quiet the CMs are on this one, given that it has been happening for at least 5 weeks. It isn't listed on the dev tracker page either.

My interpretation of this silence either means they aren't aware (not sure how that is possible), or they don't plan on fixing it (maybe a change coming that makes this bug moot), or they have no idea what the problem is and are just ignoring us entirely and hoping it will somehow work itself out.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why people make jokes about zos never fixing bugs.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DigitalHype they usually ignore things that they have no clue how to fix.
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    They know, I was forced to close a ticket because 'they were working on it', this was a month ago. Lack of communication seems to be a bedrock for ESO.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your trade guild members will of course have to figured out a way to get around this themselves.
    The same screen that has the trader position is also the one that has the Message of the day. You will need to post that information at the very top for all to see.

They are about to get a giant payday,

Why would they need to keep maintaining this game?
    Something as easy as this shouldn't be that hard to find/fix.
    All your going to get from now on is DLC and chapters.
    Don't expect things like this to take priority.

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - I know you guys must get tagged in a thousand messages each week, but we'd really appreciate a response on this one.

Any update on when we might see a fix for the issue of the Guild home screen failing to show the correct trader?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to ask: Why is it a big deal about not showing if your guild has a trader each week? Have your sales suffered at all?

Mine have not. I am selling the same amount now as I was before this problem occurred.

Just my 2 pieces of gold worth.
    Have a good day selling.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Easily_Lost the issue is that numerous guild members will simply glance at the Guild home screen to see what trader is available and act accordingly. Some traders would, perhaps, not list items if it appears that there is no trader.

Have my sales suffered....? No, but it is an irritation having to constantly update people and tell them that the screen is bugged, or respond to questions in Guild chat. I am working my ass off to ensure that everyone is aware that we have a trader in our usual place.

The other issue is, of course...... it's broken and need fixing.

• DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to ask: Why is it a big deal about not showing if your guild has a trader each week? Have your sales suffered at all?

Mine have not. I am selling the same amount now as I was before this problem occurred.

Have a good day selling.

On the PC side, it breaks TTC scanning at the bank. This is because the API no longer returns the guild trader kiosk and NPC name information. This forces someone in the guild to travel to the trader stalls, or stage and log-in alts at the trader stalls in order to update trading information. The net result of requiring the workaround means updates happen less often. It's minor. But the bug still needs fixed or at least some communication/acknowledgement they understand the issue.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Have a good day selling.

Guilds are not just about amounts sold. I have a guild that has a steady trader at a hub but does not have fees, dues, or other requirements. We advertise as a social guild with a trader, not a trading guild per se. We do some decent business, though, to the point where the trader is attractive to many guild members and potential applicants, especially those who do not want a guild with reqs.

Even though I wrote in the guild finder description that we do have a trader despite it not showing, since this bug appeared our recruitment from guild finder applications has declined about 90%. I’ll let that speak for itself as to whether people generally read the description or go by the UI showing we have no trader in deciding whether to apply. And honestly I can’t blame them — how do they know whether I’m telling the truth?
    Edited by virtus753 on September 29, 2020 3:02PM
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    We lost (over 2 guilds) a few, but I look at them as fair weathered members. Recruitment has suffered overall.

We have quite a few members (including myself) that get most of their sales from TTC, so our numbers are down, maybe 5-8%.

The main issues I have is that it is borked and needs fixing. Beyond that, the fact it never properly got addressed.

Eir
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    Another issue with this being broken is during the actual trader swap, it is very difficult to tell if you won your trader or not. You have to search through the history to see if you won any of your bids. During today's swap on Xbox NA, we had one guild that did not win the trader but we couldn't tell for a few minutes because the information didn't update. It only showed that we placed bids but did not report if we won or lost the bids.

To repeat what has already been said, recruitment has been much harder since it doesn't show we have a trader. And retaining people has been more difficult because people don't read the MOTD to see that we do have a trader.

It's painful for guild management and it has been going on for weeks!
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Our Guild has this issue too but oddly my Guild Members in Australia and New Zealand state that of all the guilds they are in. Mine is the only one showing a Trader yet for my Guild Members from The UK, Canada and Europe we show as not having one.

• OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will enjoy the moment when they share the "excuse" not fixing this for 6 weeks

• OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is amazing that they closed tickets and cannot fix this issue.

• JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week, another "none hired" bug.

The amount of complete ignorance on this issue is rather baffling.
    You guys just ignore everyone who uses the guildfinder!

I can not emphasize enough that this is not a niche issue. Potentially everyone is affected and you completely ignore everyone for almost 2 months now.

This is not acceptable.
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with Slevin here, this is seriously affecting our Guilds & community. I don't understand why this wasn't fixed 2 months ago...
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    So over a month and 3 patches later, we still have this problem...
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando