The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New mythic healing ring

siggi1856
siggi1856
✭✭✭
Please ZOS, tell me that this ring will not go live like this. Its way to strong. Good dps will get 10 to 15k healing per second. So no healer is needed.... the impact on the whole game is far to strong. So please change the value or put in a healing cap. The thrassian should never have gone live like it did, dont make the same mistake again. You get the opposit of what you want. Items like this increase the gap between the players.
  • Kalantris
    Kalantris
    Yeah, as a healer main I absolutely love this change. I can just relax and go watch a movie or something instead of doing trials, because nobody needs me anymore. Or I can succumb to the terrific idea behind all healing changes I've seen so far - healers don't heal. Playing a buffbot has always been my dream.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalantris wrote: »
    Playing a buffbot has always been my dream.

Don't let your dreams be memes.
    - Mojican
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you guys are over exaggerating. In 4 man PvE content a healer hasn't been needed for years, and I've have a hard time to see that trial damage dealers will sacrifice either a monster set or a five piece set for that ring.
    EU PC
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    I think you guys are over exaggerating. In 4 man PvE content a healer hasn't been needed for years, and I've have a hard time to see that trial damage dealers will sacrifice either a monster set or a five piece set for that ring.

Precisely. Replacing a damage oriented set bonus with a self-healing one does nothing to help with the overall DPS drop, even if replacing two healers who often times deal damage in their own right. Anywhere else where a healer wasn't needed would still be the case.
    Edited by Celestro on September 23, 2020 1:43PM
  • siggi1856
    siggi1856
    ✭✭✭
    2 more dps make way more damage than 8 monster sets. even if some dds wear support sets
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    siggi1856 wrote: »
    2 more dps make way more damage than 8 monster sets. even if some dds wear support sets

And then the tanks die, or the group dps drops because buff sets aren't worn.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

Precisely. Replacing a damage oriented set bonus with a self-healing one does nothing to help with the overall DPS drop, even if replacing two healers who often times deal damage in their own right. Anywhere else where a healer wasn't needed would still be the case.

Two extra DPS won't add to group DPS? Even if they only do 50k each that's more than 8 monster sets.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• siggi1856
    siggi1856
    ✭✭✭
    you dont lose that much damage if you wear support sets. in the top groups dps goes up with 10 dps and the tanks dont die. and in all the other groups you cant play like this because then happens what you said. the tanks die....
    and thats my problem with this piece. it increases the gap between players
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider PvP/battle spirit when you think about making adjustments to the ring, though. You deal more than twice the damage in PVE that you do in PVP, and the healing in PVP is halved as well. This means that not only is the healing halved by the damage reduction part of battle spirit, but also the healing reduction part of battle spirit.

The ring feels very lackluster at the moment in PVP, and a further reduction in effectiveness would make it entirely useless there. I'd suggest ZOS make the ring ignore the healing reduction of battlespirit, so that it actually heals you for 15% of the PVP damage you deal.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Celestro wrote: »

Two extra DPS won't add to group DPS? Even if they only do 50k each that's more than 8 monster sets.

Right but generally healers deal damage in their own right so the difference probably isn't exactly substantial. But that doesn't include the support sets that would need to be worn by some of the DD, replacing damage sets on top of the monster sets. And thats not even including the possibility of even just one person dying. Can't exactly deal damage and heal from it if you're resurrecting someone since they can't heal, which also contributes to lowered damage.

Now, I can say I could potentially see this being doable in the easier trials, particularly by the best of the best raid groups. But overall? Not an issue. Those best of the best raid groups can already accomplish great feats and high leaderboard scores more than likely so it seems kind of redundant.
    Edited by Celestro on September 23, 2020 3:27PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will be great for some classes with minimal self healing (e.g. Stamina Nightblades) to do solo content. For 4 person content most if not all can be done without a healer at this point anyway.

I could see where this might be used by progression groups for first clears in addition to 2 healers, but I'm not sure that I would run this on a class that has decent self healing already.
    Playing since beta...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Consider PvP/battle spirit when you think about making adjustments to the ring, though. You deal more than twice the damage in PVE that you do in PVP, and the healing in PVP is halved as well. This means that not only is the healing halved by the damage reduction part of battle spirit, but also the healing reduction part of battle spirit.

The ring feels very lackluster at the moment in PVP, and a further reduction in effectiveness would make it entirely useless there. I'd suggest ZOS make the ring ignore the healing reduction of battlespirit, so that it actually heals you for 15% of the PVP damage you deal.

I assumed the healing wouldn't be affected by battle spirit since it's already affected by damage. IIRC sweeps and swallow soul isn't double affected by battle spirit.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another change in favor of DPS, and an insult to healers...

Why advertise that there are three roles if all you care about is DPS?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. You do realize that it's not always possible to sustain your dps to heal your self? You can't heal your self without target or while being cced. Another thing you still need buffs from healers. When you take away buffs from healers how much overall dps will go down? This set won't replace healers. Knee jerk reaction.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats not entirely true. Healers are needed when you start into DLC non-overland content. You can skip this need depending on the offensive power of the 4 man; some DLC mechanics are easier when you have a healer "type" that also DPS when not needed... the power of back baring Restoration staves since dot damage becomes buffed by the front offense bar, swapping a skill for a heal.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This item is mostly irrelevant for group content. The problem is that most ppl seem to only look at the healing DDs can receive without looking if it is relevant or even working in group environments.

For 4 Player content 3DD is already typical for vet vanilla dungeons. For DLC dungeons its already possible and the key for it is DPS. The higher the DPS of the group the more mechanics are either skipped or shortened making it easier for the Tank to survie on its own. Having more heal on the DDs has little to no impact and would even be counter productive by reducing the DPS.

For Trials its not realy useable. Tanks would get under more preasure to selfsustain which could force them into selfish sets, reducing the buffs to the group, if it would even work in the first place. The healer buff sets would still be needed so the additional DDs would deal less DPS. The original DDs would also deal less DPS due to missing monster sets. So you would put anyone under mor epreasure for little gain. Its also not working in cases where players cannot attack because they rez, do mechanics, are disabled by mechanics or the Boss is simply immune.

With that in mind i realy dont see how some ppl got the idea that this ring would somehow make healers irrelevant. The ring is ncie for solo content and might see some uses in arenas, but thats about it.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    This item is mostly irrelevant for group content. The problem is that most ppl seem to only look at the healing DDs can receive without looking if it is relevant or even working in group environments.

For 4 Player content 3DD is already typical for vet vanilla dungeons. For DLC dungeons its already possible and the key for it is DPS. The higher the DPS of the group the more mechanics are either skipped or shortened making it easier for the Tank to survie on its own. Having more heal on the DDs has little to no impact and would even be counter productive by reducing the DPS.

For Trials its not realy useable. Tanks would get under more preasure to selfsustain which could force them into selfish sets, reducing the buffs to the group, if it would even work in the first place. The healer buff sets would still be needed so the additional DDs would deal less DPS. The original DDs would also deal less DPS due to missing monster sets. So you would put anyone under mor epreasure for little gain. Its also not working in cases where players cannot attack because they rez, do mechanics, are disabled by mechanics or the Boss is simply immune.

With that in mind i realy dont see how some ppl got the idea that this ring would somehow make healers irrelevant. The ring is ncie for solo content and might see some uses in arenas, but thats about it.

Im more upset at the idea that DPS got another item, and this time it heals..... healers barely matter as it is, and then they do this? Its just frustrating to see three unique roles offered, but only one (dps) gets all the attention. Heck, they could've easily made this ring for healers, automatically healing you for X percent of your healing done, or something else to that effect. That would have been amazing! But nope...

I really dont care if a lot or nearly no-one uses this ring... by inventing it they've already slapped healers in the face... again.....

• Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ring is finally something to help solo players from the years of nerfs based on balancing around people having a full group of trial buffs. Any and all nerfs should be restrictions on buffs players wearing the ring can receive from other players. If the fact that you can't get healing from others isn't enough to avoid disrupting the trials world, then just keep on keeping on adding buff restrictions from others until it's balanced. It's not OP for solo and that's where the ring is really needed.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »

Thats not entirely true. Healers are needed when you start into DLC non-overland content. You can skip this need depending on the offensive power of the 4 man; some DLC mechanics are easier when you have a healer "type" that also DPS when not needed... the power of back baring Restoration staves since dot damage becomes buffed by the front offense bar, swapping a skill for a heal.

Yeah for new players and low experienced ones absolutely, but end game players has done vDLC dungeons 1t3dd for many years. But in my opinion, new players should focus more on getting to know the game and mechanics rather than focus on sets. With the right experience most players come to the conclusion that they can comfortably heal themselves and deal damage at the same time.
    EU PC
  • Lone343Wolf
    The ring is designed for solo players and vampires. Maybe you should test the ring before complaining and wanting a nerf already. After testing the ring in solo content it performs good however, after testing in some harder dungeons it really shows how much healers are needed or how much healing you get from other players.
  • Lone343Wolf
    siggi1856 wrote: »
    Please ZOS, tell me that this ring will not go live like this. Its way to strong. Good dps will get 10 to 15k healing per second. So no healer is needed.... the impact on the whole game is far to strong. So please change the value or put in a healing cap. The thrassian should never have gone live like it did, dont make the same mistake again. You get the opposit of what you want. Items like this increase the gap between the players.

I hate to tell you, but this actually decreases the skill gap not increasing it. Hop on pts and try out a dungeon with no healers and this ring and let me know if its OP or not. Actually testing it in hard dungeons myself, shows that it will not be replacing healers.
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im more upset at the idea that DPS got another item, and this time it heals..... healers barely matter as it is, and then they do this? Its just frustrating to see three unique roles offered, but only one (dps) gets all the attention. Heck, they could've easily made this ring for healers, automatically healing you for X percent of your healing done, or something else to that effect. That would have been amazing! But nope...

I really dont care if a lot or nearly no-one uses this ring... by inventing it they've already slapped healers in the face... again.....

We did get a mythic item though. Pearls of Ehlnofey
    1 – Whenever you cast a healing ability while your dominant resource is under 30%, gain 5 Ultimate.

I'm kinda excited about this. The balancing act of keeping magicka under 30% without running out and having extreme Ultimate generation could be quite rewarding.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sealish wrote: »

We did get a mythic item though. Pearls of Ehlnofey
    1 – Whenever you cast a healing ability while your dominant resource is under 30%, gain 5 Ultimate.

I'm kinda excited about this. The balancing act of keeping magicka under 30% without running out and having extreme Ultimate generation could be quite rewarding.

Ah, see there lies the difference. I am a stamina healer, so I'd rarely be below 30% to even proc that item.

Besides, that ring doesn't offer healing, or alter healing, but instead is proc-ed by healing. DPS items do... well, damage, or boost dmg output. I would like a mythic item that does that equivalent for healers, and restores hp on proc, or boosts our heals.

You have a fair point though, and I might have fun with this item on my tank/healer, but otherwise, I'd rather stick with 2 full sets on my bow/healer.