Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vateshran Hollows - Mob Resistances

job_man
job_man
✭✭✭
Resistances are identical in both normal and veteran difficulties. They were tested by using the 2H ultimate on every monster.

The Wounding
  • Winged Twilight: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Banekin: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Warden (Harvester): 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Ogrim: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Zakuryn the Sculptor: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Flesh Abomination: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Watcher: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Xivkyn Hammerfist: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Xivkyn Chillfiend: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Xivkyn Kynlurker: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Ogrim Behemoth: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Sentinel of Enfeeblement/Debilitation/Vulnerability: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Xobutar: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Mimic: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Iozuzzunth: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell

Hunter's Grotto
  • Alit: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Spriggan: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Fire Shalk: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Troll Gatekeeper: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Fetcherfly Swarm: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Fetcherfly Hive: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Blessed Spriggan: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Bristleback Gatekeeper: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Spriggan Attendant: 9100 Physical and 9100 Spell
  • Dire Wolf: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Saagranth: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Rofsuta: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Marbana: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Leptfire Keeper: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Cliff Strider: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Salamander: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Ogre Gatekeeper: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Terror Bird: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Haj Mota Gatekeeper: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Rahdgarak: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell

The Brimstone Den
  • Scamp: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Clannfear: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Daedroth: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Fire Atronach: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Magma Queen: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Iron Atronach: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Dremora Kyngald: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • Brimstone Caretaker: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Myran Metron: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
  • The Pyrelord: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Fire Colossus: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell

Champion's Deis
  • Maebroogha: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Shade Colossus: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Void Firehorn: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Void Dremora: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Void Chillfield: 18200 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Void Archer: 12103 Physical and 12103 Spell
  • Void Flameshaper: 9100 Physical and 18200 Spell
Edited by job_man on September 23, 2020 3:05PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that earns an insightful. How is the difficulty on veteran compared to VMA?
  • job_man
    job_man
    ✭✭✭
    Well that earns an insightful. How is the difficulty on veteran compared to VMA?

vMA is outdated so the content in this trial is technically harder because the adds have higher HP, but vMA is way more intuitive than this.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I watched Alcast's blind playthrough that took him only an hour and a half and finished with 5/15 vitality. I would say half of those deaths were due to the buggy grappling hook mechanic. I'm really hoping this is because it's on pts and they'll pump up the difficulty when it goes live.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    job_man wrote: »

vMA is outdated so the content in this trial is technically harder because the adds have higher HP, but vMA is way more intuitive than this.

VMA is certainly outdated. What I should have perhaps said, is how does this compare to VMA at launch? Haha. A blind 90 minute playthrough, even from Alcast, doesn't suggest a ton of difficulty. When VMA launched, any clear was considered an accomplishment for a good 6 months. Sounds like we will have flawless runs on patch day.
  • job_man
    job_man
    ✭✭✭

VMA is certainly outdated. What I should have perhaps said, is how does this compare to VMA at launch? Haha. A blind 90 minute playthrough, even from Alcast, doesn't suggest a ton of difficulty. When VMA launched, any clear was considered an accomplishment for a good 6 months. Sounds like we will have flawless runs on patch day.

vMA on launch was about 10x as hard as this.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Already a no death/no sigil/speed run posted in dungeons/trials section of the forums.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The player base has evolved so much since vMA first released that it would be next to impossible to release something that was as difficult to clear now as vMA was then without having mechanics that border on or even flat out cross the line into cheating.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mindcr0w wrote: »

The player base has evolved so much since vMA first released that it would be next to impossible to release something that was as difficult to clear now as vMA was then without having mechanics that border on or even flat out cross the line into cheating.

You are probably right. Last content to be released that required true progression from the top guilds was VMOL HM. Unfortunately, I think the pendulum has swung too far the other direction. I get ZOS doesnt want content that requires months to complete, but patch day nukes are getting old.
    Danksta wrote: »

Already a no death/no sigil/speed run posted in dungeons/trials section of the forums.

Of course there is. LOL
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 23, 2020 5:58PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are probably right. Last content to be released that required true progression from the top guilds was VMOL HM. Unfortunately, I think the pendulum has swung too far the other direction. I get ZOS doesnt want content that requires months to complete, but patch day nukes are getting old.

Of course there is. LOL

vHoF took a few months before somebody (Hodor?) got Tick-Tock Tormenter I believe...

But I agree, I'd like to see things take a little more progression than a day-1 Trifecta clear out of the top groups.

But we also can't really balance the game around those groups... when a while back they were talking about the fact that Vet Darkshade II had over a 30% failure rate for groups formed from the activity finder... and that's 6-year-old content :disappointed:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My takeaway from this post is that the game is far easier for magicka builds than stamina builds if you are comparing physical and spell resistances....but I guess we have known that forever.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your goal is to have enough penetration to nullify the resistances anyway. This means that stamina and magicka have to distribute their CP a bit differently, or stamina using a set with a line of pen.
    It's not harder per se.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    The grappling bug boss is impossible to beat for me lol. I've only been able to beat two of the wings doing vet because the grappling hook bugs so badly ah ha ha

At least vMA works - sometimes.

Seriously, it's not very hard thus far - vMA was far harder when it dropped and I'm one of those who struggled with it for quite a while.

I'll be interested to see if it gets buffed prior to getting into live.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Of course there is. LOL

vHoF took a few months before somebody (Hodor?) got Tick-Tock Tormenter I believe...

But I agree, I'd like to see things take a little more progression than a day-1 Trifecta clear out of the top groups.

But we also can't really balance the game around those groups... when a while back they were talking about the fact that Vet Darkshade II had over a 30% failure rate for groups formed from the activity finder... and that's 6-year-old content :disappointed:

Good point on tick tock. It was really the first title of its kind. There was a VMOL no death achieve (no title), but the destroyer title from VMOL was really hard mode and a few gimmicks. That said, VMOL HM was one of the toughest, if not the toughest progression this game has ever seen at the time it was released. It took Hodor a month to clear Vet (non HM), and Beyond Infinity took I believe almost 6 months to clear HM.

VHOF HM itself was not terribly difficult. The real progression was the 3 boss fight. HM was almost an afterthought in VHOF, nothing more than a beefed up execute phase.

Now I am not suggesting VMOL HM at launch level of difficutly for new content, but Speed run/no death/no Sigil on day two of the PTS for the new arena is way too far in the other direction.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 19, 2021 4:31PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Your goal is to have enough penetration to nullify the resistances anyway. This means that stamina and magicka have to distribute their CP a bit differently, or stamina using a set with a line of pen.
    It's not harder per se.

Maybe not harder...but there is no getting around the fact that magicka builds would have to assign less CP than stamina builds to nullify the enemy resistances since far more enemies on the list have 18k physical than 18k spell resistance(19 enemies @18k physical vs only 10 enemies @ 18k spell) meaning that magicka builds would have more CP avialable to put elsewhere if someone allocated their CP specifically for this arena and assuming that all enemies are listed here.