Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Cannot progress in main Markarth Questline

CuriousNumber5
Upon reaching the quest called "The Awakening Darkness", the quest is fine until the quest marker for "Enter the Dark Descent". I entered the doors, approached the marker but it doesn't update and the quest does not progress. I've gotten this far with two separate characters now, and they're both stuck in the same spot. I tried reloading the UI, relogging, closing out the game entirely and going back into it to no avail.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the exact same issue, i tried to reload, have gone back and fourth numerous times and the quest does not update.
  • duncan4791
    duncan4791
    ✭✭
    Add me to the list, as well. Will have to teleport out and do other stuff till its fixed in new update.
  • EnolezDrata
    EnolezDrata
    ✭✭✭
    Same here
    Relog and abandon the quest dont work
    PC/EU
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ZOS’s fancy way of saying they don’t want players spoiling the main quest. ;)

• PrinceNaemon
    PrinceNaemon
    Soul Shriven
    Having this issue as well. Abandoned quest, redid it, logged out, reloaded the UI, nothing. Support hasn't helped much. Hope they fix it soon. Has anyone gotten past this part yet? Is this a universal bug?
    aldmeri grandeur
  • CuriousNumber5
    This is ZOS’s fancy way of saying they don’t want players spoiling the main quest. ;)

I had thought that might be the case. 🤣
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Yep I can't find a way to progress in this quest.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The same issue as above, this quest is bugged. I was so into the story so far.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing with everyone, need a statement on this problem from the devs and soon. If there will be no quick fix MQ would be locked from testing for an entire week...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone! We're working on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that it will be fixed only after Monday's maintenance, yes?
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    I assume that it will be fixed only after Monday's maintenance, yes?

Since we are now 72 hours after the first issues were reported, I would imagine that is the case. Rarely does PTS get a "hot fix" patch and it appears that the team has made the call that this is not an instance that would call for a hot fix.

• Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here.

Yeah, it looks like we'll have to wait till Monday for them to fix it as was the case with a similar bug in Greymoor on PTS.