Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to play without the wife and not out level her?

Rhime
Rhime
✭✭
Just wondering how I can play(I'm a stay at home dad) and not out level or get spoiled in content when my wife logs in at night and I want to adventure with her. I usually gather and craft for myself and the guild during the days, but it's getting boring and my mates are out leveling me.
Any suggestions on how I can play and not get crazy ahead of her?
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly just created an alt, I play the alt when my wife's not playing, and when she is, I play my main.
    Edited by lordspyder on April 22, 2014 12:01AM
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Easy solution would be to start an alt and play that character when she is not playing.
    Edited by TicToc on April 21, 2014 11:52PM
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    Either an alt, do dungeons for loot, or PvP.

There really isn't a good solution at the moment without any kind of level synch or mentorship in the game.
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    Back in late '90s my SO and I played an MMO together. I was working, the SO wasn't. It didn't take long for SO to hit the cap (50 iirc, that has been raised since) while I was still down around level 20-25. The SO ended up making another character, leveled it up to my level then only played it when I was playing my character.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil, you might end up gaining a few levels on her, but at least you will be at the same place in the story/quests.
    [DC/NA]
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Like everybody else says, an alt would be the best bet as far as the amount of things you can do while she's away.. and if you are like me your "alt" will end up 30+ levels higher than your main cuz you end up playing too much >.>;

That said, out-leveling really kind of sucks in this game, I'm not sure how it'll effect others in your party but after about 5 levels difference things won't drop loot, if you advance in questlines past her most of the time they will be in the "done" phase and you will not be able to go back to help her.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took up crafting, and made an alt who also crafts. You can spend a lot of time running around gathering crafting materials. Pick up the Keen Eye for her crafting skill too, and you can send her a mailbox full of stuff for when she logs on.
  • Katkon
    Katkon
    ✭✭✭
    PvP - as someone else suggested. A lot of fun with virtually no XP towards general PvE leveling.
  • Malkavianqueen
    Malkavianqueen
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they put in a level scaling/mentorship type thing at some point. I'm always worried about outleveling my boyfriend too. X.x Like other people said, try making an alt, maybe do some crafting/some pvp. There's not really a good answer right now.

For me, I usually just go around gathering ingredients for crafting or go hunt for treasure chests when he's not on. Splitting up crafting roles between two people also helps with inventory space. XD
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Some great ideas..thank you. I never thought about Keen Eye for her too..:)
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DAOC had an XP off command, I was surprised to not see it at TESO. That said it might come in a future patch?

Until then creating an alt is most likely your best option. Always great to see that husband and wife play together, makes me smile :smiley:
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I would go farm and level up your professions, but making an alt wouldnt be a bad thing either. Personally, im just done with alts ever since leaving WoW about 5 years ago with 6 max level characters.
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    Pick a different faction and level an alt. That way you can experience a good story without spoiling anything you'd like to experience together. (:
    Lady Novà - Wood Elf Templar - American Megaserver
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said, an alt, but what I would do and have done in the past, is have the alt be more like your main, since it sounds like your friends play more often as well.

I don't work and my bf does. He does not play ESO, but we have played other games together. Due to his limited time and more free time with me and my friends I made my alt a char I only used with him so I could keep up with guildmates and friends and not have to slow down.
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I married my wife twice for good xp (we both have imperial edition). But i ditched her halfway Glenumbra. When she had to work i could not play and vice versa. Also when i wanted to watch goldrush or some other show she had to stop also. Didn't work for us. So divorced ingame and we parted our ways. we still group up with other people and i help her with (if not phased) quests/bosses. And i craft her food and potions.
    Edited by Knootewoot on April 22, 2014 6:03AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."