The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to kill roller blades?

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I am not talking about a regular nb that rolls just to avoid damage. I am talking about the nb that you spy sitting in an open field with no enemies around and he is still rolling non stop. This boy never stops rolling unless he wants to teleport away, cloak, or burst. You might think this is a troll build, no trust me he hits hard af. I only killed this guy once 1v1, but he was placing a forward camp so he had to stop rolling.

Things I have tried:
One shot build(How I killed him at the forward camp)
Full on dots(He also has purge.......)
Waiting until he stops rolling(He doesn't lol)

I got no problems killing anything else on my server, but these roll spammers are simply too much. Tbf he has never killed me, so I am ahead, but I just want to consistently deal with this type of borderline troll build.

Ok, lets batman with prep time for a second here. Lets pretend we are in the bat cave planning how to take down Bat man's new villian, Dr. Rollerblade. What class does bat man play and what sets does he use to frick up Dr. Rollerblade. Yes, I will make a character just to counter the only thing in Cyrodiil I can't beat. A character I log into when Dr. rollerblade shows up and I need to evict him from the area, so I can pvp in peace.
Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 19, 2020 4:49AM
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they just spam dodgeroll and cloak than ignore them.
    Best time to fight back is when they go for their burst combo.
    Immovable pots with good timing can help.
    Time your stun so that it lands when they come out of dodge.
    Use undodgeable stun(if you have access to one).
    Etc etc
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Etc etc

I am a nb too, but I am full glass cannon so I cant sit still and wait for him to stop rolling. Only difference is I cant roll spam, so I have to sit in stealth to avoid getting 1 shotted myself. Soon as I go stealth, he starts roll spamming.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nbs have a high skill floor.
    If they are good and got either the speed ring or the torc they are among the hardest to kill when they know how to utilize cloak and shade together with rolly polly.

Skilled Nbs are a challenge this patch with the damagebuffs they got coupled with the healing nerfs last update.
    The good ones can go full glasscannon while having a strong defensive kit.
    Other classes generally have to invest in defensive stats.

Edited by Ariades_swe on September 18, 2020 8:09AM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nbs have a high skill floor.
    If they are good and got either the speed ring or the torc they are among the hardest to kill when they know how to utilize cloak and shade together with rolly polly.

Good Nbs are a challenge this patch with the damagebuffs they got coupled with the healing nerfs last update.
    The good ones can go full glasscannon while having a strong defensive kit.
    Other classes generally have to invest in defensive stats.

So basically your telling me I got to wait until he lets his guard down, so I can gank him? It is crazy cause I don't even have problems killing actual tanks. With those there is at least a strategy to beating them, but if a nb wants to not die, damn you cant kill them.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 18, 2020 8:15AM

• xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what you are seeing are player with this set https://eso-sets.com/set/senches-bite
    Kristofer put build with that set so probably lots of player using it. That set will proc on roll.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I main a NB too and some of these dudes are just sketchy if you ask me Many of them are dodging 99% of my attempts, at times not even a rolling animation, then they still have stamina to burst.

Especially when I am spamming a quick ability like silver bolts and you are dodging 100% of them lol.

• xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I main a NB too and some of these dudes are just sketchy if you ask me Many of them are dodging 99% of my attempts, at times not even a rolling animation, then they still have stamina to burst.

Especially when I am spamming a quick ability like silver bolts and you are dodging 100% of them lol.

I wonder if they wear the crusader set for even more dodge immunity. Found out yesterday that soul trap is dodge able, wth I though dots were not dodge able. Never before has someone dodged my dots.

Nb doesn't need a nerf over this though because any stam class can roll like this. I think dodge roll needs more counters is all or like at least one. Hp tanks can be beat with sustained dps or oblivion damage. People that hold block can get messed up by dots. Cloak is easily countered by detect pots. I remember templar's jesus beam used to dominate roll spammers, but I never see it anymore. Wuh happun?

Ok, lets batman with prep time for a second here. Lets pretend we are in the bat cave planning how to take down Bat man's new villian, Dr. Roll. What class does bat man play and what sets does he use to frick up Dr. Roll. Yes, I will make a character just to counter the only thing in Cyrodiil I can't beat. Would a magicka templar still work? What if I build him for maximum jesus beam and soul assault damage? Sorry those are the only abilities I know for sure can't be dodged(Like I said soul trap recently got crossed off that list).

So far I am thinking:
    Magicka templar
    Soul assault + jesus beam for roll catching
    Oblivions foe for more soul assault damage, not sure if its worth it.
    500 ult soul assault with balorgh for maximum roll catch power
    War maiden????
    Probably a lightning staff because the heavy cant be dodged
    Full impen gear so I am hard to burst down in between his rolls

Thoughts? Biggest part of the strategy is to find his shade and camp it so he cannot teleport away. Will probably also be a vampire for the purpose of sneaking up and waiting for my moment to strike. Some how I just know this won't be enough..........
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 19, 2020 1:24AM

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if they wear the crusader set for even more dodge immunity. Found out yesterday that soul trap is dodge able, wth I though dots were not dodge able. Never before has someone dodged my dots.

Nb doesn't need a nerf over this though because any stam class can roll like this. I think dodge roll needs more counters is all or like at least one. Hp tanks can be beat with sustained dps or oblivion damage. People that hold block can get messed up by dots. Cloak is easily countered by detect pots. I remember templar's jesus beam used to dominate roll spammers, but I never see it anymore. Wuh happun?

Ok, lets batman with prep time for a second here. Lets pretend we are in the bat cave planning how to take down Bat man's new villian, Dr. Roll. What class does bat man play and what sets does he use to frick up Dr. Roll. Yes, I will make a character just to counter the only thing in Cyrodiil I can't beat. Would a magicka templar still work? What if I build him for maximum jesus beam and soul assault damage? Sorry those are the only abilities I know for sure can't be dodged(Like I said soul trap recently got crossed off that list).

So far I am thinking:
    Magicka templar
    War maiden????

Thoughts? Biggest part of the strategy is to find his shade and camp it so he cannot teleport away. Will probably also be a vampire for the purpose of sneaking up and waiting for my moment to strike. Some how I just know this won't be enough..........

I play a stamNB the the classes I struggle the most are magDK, AoE magPlar, AoE magDen and stamDen. Every that is AoE usually hard counters cloak and roll dodge making it very easy to kill squishy stamBlades. MagPlars with detect pots and toppling spam are probably the most annoying to fight tho.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So far I am thinking:
    Magicka templar
    War maiden????

I play a stamNB the the classes I struggle the most are magDK, AoE magPlar, AoE magDen and stamDen. Every that is AoE usually hard counters cloak and roll dodge making it very easy to kill squishy stamBlades. MagPlars with detect pots and toppling spam are probably the most annoying to fight tho.

Yeah templars are usually hardest for me to kill as well. Unless you burst them down fast they can heal a huge amount of damage. Another reason I think templar is the counter pick to rollerblade. Question though, why specifically aoe damage? I never struggle with aoe on my nb, but maybe that is because I don't get close to my enemies. I get messed up by jabs when trying to cloak, but never any other aoe.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 19, 2020 3:21AM

• Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put a stick thru their skates.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    Just put a stick thru their skates.

But what is the "stick" in this situation? I want to make a character whose only purpose is to be the stick in a roller blade. I want to be the dang pebble on the road that makes a roller blader fall flat on their face.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, dodgeroll is already quite unreliable imo. Specially in lagg. I doubt it will be healthy to nerf it further, then everyone will be playing sword n board ***.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Well, dodgeroll is already quite unreliable imo. Specially in lagg. I doubt it will be healthy to nerf it further, then everyone will be playing sword n board ***.

It just needs more counters, every other defense has good counters. Maybe a new minor/major debuff that increases roll cost by X%. Of course the abilities that apply said debuff would be un-dodgeable for obvious reasons. It might not even be a roll problem and more to do with how stupidly high you can get your stam recovery with the right setup, especially the mythic amulet.

If you believe rolling has good counters, then by all means help me create a build for it. Abandon the idea of a build that is balanced for all encounters and imagine if you ONLY had to fight rollerblades. What would that look like?

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

It just needs more counters, every other defense has good counters.

I really disagree with this. Most classes and builds are pruned down so much that they don't have a single counter against block, dodge and healing. Defile removed from everything except from stamcro (because it's the lowkey op p2w class obviously...), ults have cast times now, dots are nerfed. On my Nb I either burst my opponent from 100 to 0 or he just blocks/rolls and heals back to full hp in 2 seconds.

The counter to dodge is usually just pressure and AoE. If I had to pick a class against rollerblade I'd pick magdk with proc sets.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never played mag dk, what do they have that makes them good against rolling? I am really stuck on the templar jesus beam because back in the way back times that skill was really good against rollers. I imagine times have changed. I guess dots are just negated by cloak now? I honestly cannot remember if it used to do that, but sure enough when I use cloak dots stop hurting me. That seems beyond stupid, but its probably saved my life more times then I even know. Was always wondering how my squishy glass cannon nb could survive sheervenom + venomous smite. I actually thought those sets were overrated since they couldn't hurt me through cloak.

Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 19, 2020 12:49PM

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good roll dodge counters:
    Lightning Staff
    Abilities like Jabs, Shalk, Curse, etc
    PbAoEs
    Monster sets that ignore dodge or modify Undodgeable attacks
    Undodgeable CC

Personally Id say Hurricane is the best anti cloak ability. I would try a stam sorc running rune, hurricane and proc sets to get some big damage in when Rune stuns.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immovable detect pots.
    Also I like waiting to be attacked and then having a counter attack prepared.

I have trouble against chain spam and stuff like northern storm/ eye of the storm.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really have any input for success, just wanna say that as a magblade I feel your pain against roll dodgers. Nothing more deflating than watching your whole soul harvest, spectral how, light attack, and swallow soul combo get dodged and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak, curse and overload heavy attacks are undodgeable afaik, but you risk looking super sweaty streaking after someone trying to palpatine them down. But couldn't you also attack their stam with poisons, or something? Or does purge fix that too? If someone is too rollie to be bothered by my streak I usually just leave them alone though, I don't like people thinking I'm desperate to kill them.
    PC | EU
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, lots of good advice. I think I am understanding why aoe is so good against rollers now. I was ignorant about the "purge" I thought they were running, it was actually just dark cloak suppressing dot damage. I believe I said earlier that I can't remember dots being suppressed by cloak back when I used to play pvp, so I assumed he was using a purge. It doesn't help that the tool tip for cloak doesn't mention dot suppression.
    Streak, curse and overload heavy attacks are undodgeable afaik, but you risk looking super sweaty streaking after someone trying to palpatine them down. But couldn't you also attack their stam with poisons, or something? Or does purge fix that too? If someone is too rollie to be bothered by my streak I usually just leave them alone though, I don't like people thinking I'm desperate to kill them.

I am not worried about looking sweaty, a kill is a kill. I get a lot of hate mail already for ganking, so its no biggie and if anything it will just produce more hate mail for my collection. Mag Sorcs got so many good moves against nbs, but in the current meta they are way too squishy to survive the burst. By far the most consistently easy class for me to kill on my nb. Maybe I haven't met a good magsorc yet, but they are no where near as good as they once were. Used to have MASSIVE shields with a much longer duration and now the shields may as well not even exist for what good they do. Mag sorcs used to be the class I couldn't kill, but now they are the easiest. The nerf hammer was brutal to them.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... if a nb wants to not die, damn you cant kill them.
    Hahahaha, that goes without saying. If they really don't want to die, you don't even see them in the first place :D.

I play a magblade with a Meridia's Blessed Armor back bar this patch, by the way. This has been changed so it only activates every 25 seconds, but it now gives you 100% dodge chance versus all attackers. A new alternative to disengage, it allows me to take more risks without putting the shade up. You can recognise it by the "sunburst" animation.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • KylKad
    KylKad
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how he infinite rolls when every time I log on my stamblade about every 20 - 30 mins my stam recovery goes to 0. Tried re equipping gear, reloading, porting, etc. All I can do is quit and restart. Really annoying and been happening for like 4-5 months and as I figured still waiting to be fixed. I am not the only one with this issue on stamblade either
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i catch stamblades off guard with corrosive while they try to burst me down. they don't realize their bow proc is about to hit for 900, think i'll have to go on the defensive, expect me to roll dodge or block or heal or whatever, and i just turn around and kill them instead. works most of the time.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Etc etc

I am a nb too, but I am full glass cannon so I cant sit still and wait for him to stop rolling. Only difference is I cant roll spam, so I have to sit in stealth to avoid getting 1 shotted myself. Soon as I go stealth, he starts roll spamming.

Glass cannon builds need to choose their fights wisely to start with.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    AoE damage cannot be dodged. Load up grothgar and other AoE sources, slot swift trait jewelry; layer immobilize and hard CC together... Stay on them, and with the wonderful changes to proc sets, the damage will stall them out that keeps them from cloaking and with situation awareness to watch for their shade drops (gap close them when they try that) since theyres a brief delay before they can cloak after teleport; plus it doesn't always drop the selected target silhouette
    Edited by Sahidom on September 21, 2020 6:58AM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KylKad wrote: »
    I don't understand how he infinite rolls when every time I log on my stamblade about every 20 - 30 mins my stam recovery goes to 0. Tried re equipping gear, reloading, porting, etc. All I can do is quit and restart. Really annoying and been happening for like 4-5 months and as I figured still waiting to be fixed. I am not the only one with this issue on stamblade either

I can help you with this one! It is primarily the mythic amulet that enables this. It works extremely well on a nb since we use a lot of magicka to cloak and cast shade. As long as you stay under 50% magicka the amulet gives you YUGE stam regen. They probably combine this with a little bit of well fitted gear, but mostly impen so they cannot be ganked. If they were too squishy their epic 1vx montage would get ruined by 1 sneak attack, so for sure got impen. Tri-restore potions are certainly used as well. A lot of stam recovery enchants as well. They kill with one burst combo so they don't need a lot of damage. I wonder how they fair against tanks though with such low damage.

I just got to figure out what their burst combo is. I recently dueled the guy I made this thread about and his combo is so fast. Even looking at the abilities he used I have no idea what he does. Its like every possible damage in one gcd with 1 proc set and the proc set wasn't even one of the op ones. All that damage, stam regen, and impen in one build. I did find out I could sneak attack him as long as I use simmering frenzy first he dies. I hear he is a pretty chill dude, so I will probably ask him some day how his combo works. Idk if its a secret though and he might not want an enemy to use it on him.

I think I will stick with my stam nb and just find a setup to deal with rollers. I will probably use dual wield for whirlwind and have a build for heavy attacks. Apparently heavy attack dual wield builds are pretty bursty right now and I know for a fact that curse of doylemish can proc from a dual wield heavy attack. I think it will have a big enough sneak attack to bring him to very low health and I can whirlwind to finish him off. I am not 100% positive if whirlwind can be dodge, but it is an aoe attack so it hopefully isn't dodgeable.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 21, 2020 8:38AM

• xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    ... if a nb wants to not die, damn you cant kill them.
    Hahahaha, that goes without saying. If they really don't want to die, you don't even see them in the first place :D.

I play a magblade with a Meridia's Blessed Armor back bar this patch, by the way. This has been changed so it only activates every 25 seconds, but it now gives you 100% dodge chance versus all attackers. A new alternative to disengage, it allows me to take more risks without putting the shade up. You can recognise it by the "sunburst" animation.
    Is this in cyrodiil? How its performing in cyrodiil?
    My guild ban this set during duel tournament. Its great for duel but never heard one using it in cyrodiil.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should roll proactively, randomly all the time. Always be moving. No point in being easy to target.

Depending on your setup, you may be getting movement speed, buffs, stats, etc. from rolling, so you'll be rolling every 10 seconds or so.
  • KylKad
    KylKad
    ✭✭

I can help you with this one! It is primarily the mythic amulet that enables this. It works extremely well on a nb since we use a lot of magicka to cloak and cast shade. As long as you stay under 50% magicka the amulet gives you YUGE stam regen. They probably combine this with a little bit of well fitted gear, but mostly impen so they cannot be ganked. If they were too squishy their epic 1vx montage would get ruined by 1 sneak attack, so for sure got impen. Tri-restore potions are certainly used as well. A lot of stam recovery enchants as well. They kill with one burst combo so they don't need a lot of damage. I wonder how they fair against tanks though with such low damage.

I just got to figure out what their burst combo is. I recently dueled the guy I made this thread about and his combo is so fast. Even looking at the abilities he used I have no idea what he does. Its like every possible damage in one gcd with 1 proc set and the proc set wasn't even one of the op ones. All that damage, stam regen, and impen in one build. I did find out I could sneak attack him as long as I use simmering frenzy first he dies. I hear he is a pretty chill dude, so I will probably ask him some day how his combo works. Idk if its a secret though and he might not want an enemy to use it on him.

I think I will stick with my stam nb and just find a setup to deal with rollers. I will probably use dual wield for whirlwind and have a build for heavy attacks. Apparently heavy attack dual wield builds are pretty bursty right now and I know for a fact that curse of doylemish can proc from a dual wield heavy attack. I think it will have a big enough sneak attack to bring him to very low health and I can whirlwind to finish him off. I am not 100% positive if whirlwind can be dodge, but it is an aoe attack so it hopefully isn't dodgeable.

I have all mythics. Game glitches to zero stam recovery regardless what I wear. Not I'm out of stam cause a noob, I have no stam recovery. Take a potion gives me a small amount of stam but still 0 recovery. Idk I've tried everything. Getting to the point I don't even want to play eso that much anymore
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have all mythics. Game glitches to zero stam recovery regardless what I wear. Not I'm out of stam cause a noob, I have no stam recovery. Take a potion gives me a small amount of stam but still 0 recovery. Idk I've tried everything. Getting to the point I don't even want to play eso that much anymore

Oh I was just explaining how he rolls so much. Your problem sounds like a bug tbh. Only things that I can think of that make you not recover stamina is blocking, sprinting, and sneaking. Cyrodiil also has this annoying problem where you get stuck in combat and your stam recovery is RUINED the entire time you are stuck in combat.