Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dig up Bonus Rewards during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event"

ZOS_SamL
ZOS_SamL
admin
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Dig up Bonus Rewards during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event"

7rh6u6irk1yk.jpg

Uncover antiquities and unlock bonus collectibles (including an incredible new house) for ALL Greymoor players during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim event!
Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions for ZoS:
    1. We progress towards the overall community goal by "digging up antiquities". However, can ZoS please clarify if every dig is equally weighted, or do digs count a bit more according to their difficulty rating (similar to how you make more progress towards your scrying and excavating skill lines if you work on a harder antiquity)?
    2. Can a character with maxed level in the Antiquity skill lines contribute towards the overall community goal, or is progress only achieved if you also improve your skill lines while making a dig, ie. use a character that has not maxed those lines yet?
    3. Will antiquity dig sites excavated within the Western Skyrim zone include additional rewards during the event?
    4. If you already have a character (or two) with maxed Antiquity skill lines, do they grant any credit towards the overall community goal? (I have one with the "been there, done that" achievement, and working on a few more :) ) Or do only new digs done (by any character) during the event period count?
    Thanks for any clarification!
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 21, 2020 5:24PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SamL Can you confirm that Chapter ownership will determine who gets the community rewards, and not simply access to Antiquities? Because some people exploited incorrect assignment of chapter ownership to get (and keep) access to Antiquities as well as all the antiquities they dug up since then.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529121/greymoor-is-still-for-free-for-people-who-didnt-buy-it
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SamL

"Also, all Western Skyrim world bosses, delve bosses, and Kyne’s Aegis trial bosses will have a chance to drop additional loot when defeated"

is that mean double drop of set items?
  • Death_Courir
    Death_Courir
    ✭✭✭
    How long after the event wiil the reached goal rewards stay in the crown shop for free, (for the qualified players) ?
    CP 1200+; Feierabend- und Wochendspieler mit realem Leben, Freunden und Verantwortungen; Lange dabei und trotzdem Noob!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there new things to dig up or are we digging up the same ones I've dug up since the beginning of Antiquities? I already have so many duplicates of all of them and you cannot sell a lot of them.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think that after all these years and all these events, ZOS would be better at explaining the finer points of these events. So many grey areas when it comes to the details of "what" and "how". I could see if it was just a hint of future events to prevent spoilers, but the event starts in 4 days and everything is unclear as to how to achieve the goals.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those of us that have found every free lead (Green then blue then purple) will not have access to those purple leads for this event as they are only available once per account, will those purple leads be made available again for characters who have not found them?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Are there new things to dig up or are we digging up the same ones I've dug up since the beginning of Antiquities? I already have so many duplicates of all of them and you cannot sell a lot of them.

@Ashryn, From what was said in ESO Live, there will be new Antiquity leads in the new zone when U28 comes out, but not for the current event. So for the Antiquity event it's just a matter of going through the old list to dig up more of whatever is easiest or worth the most (e.g. green and blue treasures are infinitely repeatable).
    Hamfast wrote:
    Those of us that have found every free lead (Green then blue then purple) will not have access to those purple leads for this event as they are only available once per account, will those purple leads be made available again for characters who have not found them?

@Hamfast I very much doubt it. There are a lot of other leads that you can get though, e.g. motif leads from treasure maps, or various mythic items, assuming you don't need more special furnishings. And you can still do all the green and blue treasure leads. Again.
    In my case I'm working on trying to level up Antiquities on a 3rd character (for the treasure chest keen eye passive). I've already found a bunch of purple leads that I can't scry yet (which will be good to do during the event), and it will be worthwhile for me to do various zone green and blue treasure leads (preferably during the event) to try level up (and start being able to do the purples on this character).
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 20, 2020 1:03AM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way to earn tickets without the DLC?
    That's so cool.
    Good thing it's not the last event of the quarter.

Oh, wait.

Can we at least get a confirmation as to if the berries for all evolutions will be available at the end of the year like they were last year?
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The goal for each player for the Summerfall event was to unlock the Summerset Pathfinder achievement.
    Progress toward the rewards was granted retroactively at the moment the event began for people who had earned the achievement prior to the start of the event.

You haven't detailed yet specifically how progress is actually made in the upcoming event, but lots of people have already dug up antiquities, and even hit max level on the skill-lines.
    Will retroactive progress be granted at the start of this event, like it was for Summerfall, or will progress accrue only after the event starts?
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All of Tamriel for the diggy?

May the gods protect the small snooty elf magic island place.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws
      Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    • Ashtaris
      Ashtaris
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Shalidor may return and put all of Eyevea off limits during the event :)
    • WildRaptorX
      WildRaptorX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Will Greymoor be on sale during this time?
    • Env_t
      Env_t
      ✭✭✭
      Ashtaris wrote: »
      Shalidor may return and put all of Eyevea off limits during the event :)

they not fixed repeatable purple eyevea lead?
    • KMarble
      KMarble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How long after the event wiil the reached goal rewards stay in the crown shop for free, (for the qualified players) ?

According to yesterday's stream, the rewards go away when the event ends.
    • Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      KMarble wrote: »

According to yesterday's stream, the rewards go away when the event ends.

I think the last 2 events, the dragon hunt and the summerset pathfinder, the rewards stayed in the crown store for like a week or 2 after the event ended to give people time to acquire them.
    • Onigar
      Onigar
      ✭✭✭
      So here is a thing, if I only have 1 character then I can only do 3 x Daily quests.

Do I need to be thinking of creating new characters?

Although maybe I could get some shared from other players in the zone chat.
      PC EU
      Addon Author:
      Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
    • Kelinmiriel
      Kelinmiriel
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes, please more clarification!

For Summerfall, all accounts that had already achieved "Summerset Pathfinder" counted right at the beginning of the event. Will the antiquities that we have already done count for this? I certainly hope so, because I have done a lot! And I would love to do more, if leads weren't so hard to get!

But they are. It's not much fun to just keep digging up more green and blue treasure leads over and over again, nor to kill hundreds of griffins on Summerset hoping to get a single lead for a beautiful feather. (Which also would likely be a horrible waste of time towards the event.)

If you would just give us leads, or even a really good chance to get them, I would love to spend days doing nothing but antiquities for this event. But I'd love to get some things I don't already have, instead of another dozen thrones of the Snow Prince (which really wasn't my style in the first place, sorry.)
      Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
      Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Onigar wrote: »
      So here is a thing, if I only have 1 character then I can only do 3 x Daily quests.

You don't need to be thinking of new characters no - only hire new apprentices if you really want them. There will be travellers sharing quests in zone, though the day and the time depends on what you will be able to grab. Perhaps best to arrange with a small group of friends to each get a quest and share until they are all complete?

However it is sometimes useful to have many apprentices. When an event involves daily quests you can do some in advance, but not hand them in, so if busy on the day you have one ready to grab your reward and run.

Also when it comes to the anniversary festival every April it is very useful to have as many characters as you can who are all capable of crating. A reward box for every crafting quest handed in - and sometimes very good rewards too.

This one is sometimes most glad of her full family of 18 - though they eat enough sweetrolls between them to feed a small army.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Hallothiel
      Hallothiel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      So, still not sure if it is worthwhile starting to level up all my other characters in Antiquities?

Presume it is going to be the number of leads dug up that counts, so if do the blue & green on multiple chars will add to total? And more productive than doing the leads on my main everyday.

And damn, Artaeum is going to be heaving.
    • Onigar
      Onigar
      ✭✭✭

You don't need to be thinking of new characters no - only hire new apprentices if you really want them. There will be travellers sharing quests in zone, though the day and the time depends on what you will be able to grab. Perhaps best to arrange with a small group of friends to each get a quest and share until they are all complete?

However it is sometimes useful to have many apprentices. When an event involves daily quests you can do some in advance, but not hand them in, so if busy on the day you have one ready to grab your reward and run.

Also when it comes to the anniversary festival every April it is very useful to have as many characters as you can who are all capable of crating. A reward box for every crafting quest handed in - and sometimes very good rewards too.

This one is sometimes most glad of her full family of 18 - though they eat enough sweetrolls between them to feed a small army.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

Thanks for the feedback :)

No idea what an apprentice is although I will look into this
      PC EU
      Addon Author:
      Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
    • method__01
      method__01
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      already cleared my inventory and got my master historians-all 3 accounts ready for dig :p

gonna be epic B)
      PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

Thanks for the feedback :)

No idea what an apprentice is although I will look into this

An apprentice is what you might call a character :)

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

• majulook
      majulook
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why does the bar on the progress scale on this Event Progress Web Page show progress when the event has not started?

I know it says 0% but why show any progress on the bar?

rcnwrwrhcu8l.png

Edited by majulook on September 21, 2020 4:33PM
      Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
      Pyr0xyrecuprotite
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onigar just to clarify the comments made by @SantieClaws, you really don't need to make more characters (one is enough), but if you have lots of time and interest then sure, you could create more characters to do more dailies in Skyrim. There is no real need though.
      1. you only get event tickets for the FIRST western skyrim daily (or Kyne's Aegis weekly) completed that day, per account (not per character).
      2. Each character can only pickup one daily quest from the questgivers in Solitude, but you can share all the dailies. So, join a group in zone that is doing boss or delve dailies, pickup the quest share from someone in group, turn that in, get the next (if possible, or switch groups), repeat etc. This way you can do all six boss dailies and six delve dailies (plus 2 harrowstorm dailies) if you wish - on one character. Remember to turn in each daily quest when completed so that you can pick up the next.
      3. With only one character, you are a bit more limited in the number of Greymoor dailies you can do (than if you have several toons), but the only benefit for dailies (after the first) is the double drops (i.e. more chances for a motif page or furnishing plan). There is plenty of other content to do, and double node resources in Greymoor, plus antiquities to go dig up. It all depends on exactly what you are after and how much time you have.
    • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
      Pyr0xyrecuprotite
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No way to earn tickets without the DLC?
      That's so cool.
      Good thing it's not the last event of the quarter.
      Oh, wait.

@Cundu_Ertur Yes it sucks that SEVERAL events are gated behind paid content (or sometimes ESO+) requirements, but this is fairly normal, and there are quite a lot of events that are available to everyone. This is a fair business practice as far as I'm concerned.

You can still get the final berry needed for your mount evolution WITHOUT the Greymoor expansion though, by buying crown store event tickets - with ingame gold. You just need to find someone willing to sell you 2500 (ten tickets') worth of crowns for whatever gold you have (the exchange rate varies by platform and megaserver). (If you already have a few tickets, only buy as many as you need to get up to 10). On PC/NA, you should be able 10 tickets for 500k or less (ingame gold). Try to buy from guild mates to reduce the risk of being ripped off/scammed though.
    • big_ear_midget
      big_ear_midget
      ✭✭✭
      Maybe i missed this somewhere. Is there scrying in this event? what are we supposed to be scrying? new leads? the green and blue treasures we have have/havent scryed yet? OR is it just skyrim dailies?
    • big_ear_midget
      big_ear_midget
      ✭✭✭
      I have read the announcement and the things with the Skyrim Dailys but nothing really mentioned about the antiquity part o the event.
    • SerraKBella
      SerraKBella
      ✭✭✭
      ZOS:]"Once you’ve earned your Bulging Box each day, you will then have a chance to earn regular Boxes of Gray Host Pillage from subsequent daily quests or by completing various activities around Western Skyrim or Blackreach (such as defeating delve and world bosses, completing Harrowstorms, opening chests, and much more)"

Will we be able to get the normal gray host pillage boxes from antiquities digs? If we can't then our time will be divided between digging antiquities for the house and then spending time killing world boss, delve bosses etc... for the normal boxes.
    • Alphawolf01A
      Alphawolf01A
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have read the announcement and the things with the Skyrim Dailys but nothing really mentioned about the antiquity part o the event.

The Skyrim dailys will get you the tickets and coffers. The "event activity" is scrying and excavating to progress towards unlocking the tattoos, pet, house and houseguest.

Also, the scrying and excavating can be done anywhere in Tamriel.
      Edited by Alphawolf01A on September 23, 2020 2:13AM