Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Points

Shaun98ca2
Shaun98ca2
✭✭✭✭✭
This isn't a question it is to help all players.

So I have seen a LOT of questions about # of skill points and how many we get and stuff. Most if not all know its 300+ I think the final number was 320. I went on ESOHEAD.com just to see what I could do with 300 points and……..

Let me tell you its a LOT. (When I say Maxed Out Im including passives as well)

Maxed out all 3 class skill lines
Maxed out racials
Maxed out 3 crafts(except for keen eye)
Maxed out out 4 Weapons
Maxed out 2 Amor sets
Maxed out a PVP line(support)
Maxed out Vampire
Maxed out Fighters Guild

300 Skill points when your placing points “cautiously” You will probably find that you have WAY more than you need to make various builds throughout the game.
Edited by Shaun98ca2 on April 3, 2014 3:23AM
  • ChrystTheEmperor
    So for exp crafting is better use a char that only do crafting. You confimr that ? becouse all crafting maxed are aprox 200 skill points.

Thank you !
    II...EMPIRE...II Guild Leader ( Elder Scrolls Online )
    http://www.empiree.webs.com/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MY HISTORY <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Elder Scrolls Online II...EMPIRE...II Leader http://www.empiree.webs.com
    AoC II..EMPIRE..II^Leader^CITY TOP LVL^Chrystempero
    NFSW Chrystemperor lvl 25/rating 1.65 // Voyage Century: ChrystTheEmperor^Pirate King^TOP EQUIP^TOP SHIPS (TOP 1 World Guild Director) // Dark & Light: ChrystTheEmperor^Dark^>>> EMPIRE <<<^Leader // Pirates of Burning Sea: Chryst TheEmperor^Pirate 50 TOP EQUIP^TOP SHIPS // DAOC: scout 50 RR 9L8 ML 10 CL 10 horse 15 P TOP EQUIP (TOP 10 world guild leader) // Star Wars Galaxies: Jedi 90 Lava Crystal TOP EQUIP Chimaera // Guild Wars: ranger 20 all game skills (normal + elite) TOP EQUIP // Lineage 2: Duelist 80 TOP EQUIP // Travian2 TOP 100 (TOP 10 guild leader) // Ogame TOP 200 4 moon (TOP 10 guild leader)
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went and check the number according to ESOHEAD.com to max out ALL crafts your looking at 135 skill points but you can skimp out points here and there on crafting like skipping
    1.Keen Eye
    2.Research Reduction
    3.Extraction Improvement

Just removing keen eye on all crafts alone brings your total down to 120.
    Then you can remove the reseach time reduction on all to 111.

You can do this on your Main Character and be known for crafting and it will limit you a little on in the long run with combat abilities and passives but with a clear goal in mind what you want to do with your character and how you wanna play the 111 points wont be limiting you THAT much in the long run with smart point spending.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for exp crafting is better use a char that only do crafting. You confimr that ? becouse all crafting maxed are aprox 200 skill points.

Thank you !

No you can do this on your main character.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Where do all these skill points come from? I tried to google it and all I remember reading was that you get 1 skill point each time you level up, 1 for every three skyshards you collect (and there are precious few of them), and some quests might reward you with a point. That doesn't seem like very much.

So, how does one go about earning all these skill points? I want to play without trying to be all *** (censored; substitute "obsessive-compulsive") about builds and whether I've just wasted that point, and I don't want to spend the first couple of dozen levels hoarding skill points in case something I want even more comes up later.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 3, 2014 5:17AM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    Where do all these skill points come from? I tried to google it and all I remember reading was that you get 1 skill point each time you level up, 1 for every three skyshards you collect (and there are precious few of them), and some quests might reward you with a point. That doesn't seem like very much.

So, how does one go about earning all these skill points? I want to play without trying to be all *** (censored; substitute "obsessive-compulsive") about builds and whether I've just wasted that point, and I don't want to spend the first couple of dozen levels hoarding skill points in case something I want even more comes up later.

Pretty much everything you mentioned and pvp stuff will give skill points. I think there is 50 pvp ranks and each rank grants a skill point. And the some quest rewards is correct. There are a LOT of quests in the game. Theres skill points for Public and group dungeons.

The total # again I believe is 320.

As for the spending of points I say make smart choices meaning you have to USE an ability for a LONG time before you can spend a point to change it. Your obviously not going to use EVERY ability in the game.

Spend points on things you KNOW you will be using example...
    You decide you wanna be wearing heavy and light armor so get all the passives for those. If your not wearing 5 pieces of light armor then don't spend the point towards the passive that requires 5 pieces.

The other thing to look at is you don't have to Master EVERY craft and even IF you feel that's what you want to do you can still make a VERY strong character plus there is a money sink where you can spend gold to reassign your skill points.

If your really worried about spending points go to ESOHEAD.com and use the character builder to get idea and a feel for how much 300 points really is.
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    Certain PvE quest achievements give you a skill points as well, i.e. you may recall receiving one after completing your conversation with the prophet after escaping from Cold Harbor.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭

Skill points for leveling,

Main quest lines (the large main quest and individual zone main quests each give a point.)

Skyshards - aside from starter islands there is at least 15 in every other zone on the map, and later on you get to see them all, that equates to a lot of skill points! (There is also 46 skyshards in Cyrodiil)

Group Public Dungeons - There is always a main boss in here, sometimes in rather secretive locations, they award one skill point on death.

Pvp - 50 ranks, 50 skill points.

This is all I can think of at the moment for sources of skill points, but you get plenty of them, just from playing the game in a normal manner, without having to actively seek them out.

• Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • ChrystTheEmperor
    Xionar wrote: »

Group Public Dungeons - There is always a main boss in here, sometimes in rather secretive locations, they award one skill point on death.

So the skill points are infinite if the boss of dungeons give these ?
    Edited by ChrystTheEmperor on April 4, 2014 12:32AM

NFSW Chrystemperor lvl 25/rating 1.65 // Voyage Century: ChrystTheEmperor^Pirate King^TOP EQUIP^TOP SHIPS (TOP 1 World Guild Director) // Dark & Light: ChrystTheEmperor^Dark^>>> EMPIRE <<<^Leader // Pirates of Burning Sea: Chryst TheEmperor^Pirate 50 TOP EQUIP^TOP SHIPS // DAOC: scout 50 RR 9L8 ML 10 CL 10 horse 15 P TOP EQUIP (TOP 10 world guild leader) // Star Wars Galaxies: Jedi 90 Lava Crystal TOP EQUIP Chimaera // Guild Wars: ranger 20 all game skills (normal + elite) TOP EQUIP // Lineage 2: Duelist 80 TOP EQUIP // Travian2 TOP 100 (TOP 10 guild leader) // Ogame TOP 200 4 moon (TOP 10 guild leader)
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Leveling PVE & PVP gives skill points. finding 3 skyshards gives you a skill point. The main quest line gives you skill points, and certain other quests and bosses award skill points.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xionar wrote: »

So the skill points are infinite if the boss of dungeons give these ?

No skill points are NOT infinite group dungeons give 1 skill point for completing the quest line attached to the dungeon
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    This is good to know. My plan has been to focus on Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting for crafts and bow and resotoration staff for weapons. However, I'm also levelling up other professions, so if I end up with many more skill points than I need for my primary roles, I'll be plonking them on the other crafts.
  • ChrystTheEmperor
    So at the end... Is better make a char that onyl craft and anothr for fight ? If the skill points are not infinite... In total how many skill points there ar ein the game ?

Thank you !

• Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    300+ which is a LOT. If you see the 1st post it gives a very great example of what a character can do with 300 points. Remember though the count is 300+ the number above 300 changes a little as there are some quest variables.
    Because crafters are worried....
    Spending 307 points I.....

Maxed ALL Crafts including keen eye
    Maxed all racials
    Maxed ALL class skill trees
    Maxed 2 Armor Trees
    Maxed 3 Weapon Trees
    Maxed Out Mages Guld.

The Weapon & Armor trees chosen don't really matter cause they have the same # of points in each same goes for class trees.

You can see YES the room of freedom for a crafter is diminished but again smart spending will STILL open your builds up. If your not interested in an ability then don't waste points on it. That's smart spending. In ANY tree you can skip an ability to get the next one down. Crafters DONT need to spend on keen eye. Certain perks in crafting simply aren't needed to still be a good crafter. Spend smart and your can have a crafter in ALL crafts and STILL a very strong character.
  • virreab16_ESO
    So PVP gives you 50 skillpoints which can be spent in the same skill lines for every player.

Now what if the player hates PVP (yes including me) and not doing this. Does that mean I never can max out some of my skills cause I miss 50 points. This couldn be the purpose of the game !!!
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    So PVP gives you 50 skillpoints which can be spent in the same skill lines for every player.

Now what if the player hates PVP (yes including me) and not doing this. Does that mean I never can max out some of my skills cause I miss 50 points. This couldn be the purpose of the game !!!

But same goes for pvp players who have only 50 points in rank system and 49 or 50 from leveling up, so they have to hunt the skyshards too and really have to do ALL main quests in every veteran area, trust me, they are pissed off to^^
    You miss only 50 points if you choose your style to play, they miss way more...
    and remember:
    Your char is actually playable with like 120 -140 points even in vet content, since the game is about choices, you could not max out all professions and still think you could perform 2 roles equally good (what all of the above mentioned builds do!)
    So it is you choice too to not go to Cyrodill^^
    And since there are 46 skyshards there, you will go there, and if you make the pvp tutorial you will be rank 2/50, so you are only missing 48 points xD
    Additionally:
    Even people who got millions of ranking points, do not have more than 20 -30 (I doubt even this number!) skillpoints from pvp, thats more a additional reward for dedicatet PVP players...
    or: I am in the first 150 people of my campaign, and I am close to hit Veteran (the pvp rank xD) that means I got Volunteer, recruit, Tyro and Legionary untill now? that means I got only 8 Skyshards from pvp untill now, you get 2 of them for free xD And the player who is playing most of all in Cyrodill, he has about 110 hours played only in Cyrodill, only got the rank first sergeant xD try to find out how many points he got, I am vet 1 since an hour and got like 50 points more then him, who is vet 4 xD
    PVP skill points are a reward, nothing that somebody possibly could farm, in an exchange, you get almost no gold from pvp and almost no EXP, you get 1k gold in like 3-4 hours?^^ You get amost no crafting materials xD
    So even if pvp players have more skillpoints than you, they don't have the time or the mats to make use of them all the time...

Besides that:
    Your whole continent is at war! There is no reason to sit at home and to say:
    No I don't want to fight!
    Hell, storywise, this fight needs to happen, we need a new emperor, a true dragonblood, a dovakhin, otherwise Nirn WILL be lost the next time a deadric Prince is going to claim it!
    You have to fight there to ensure you world will live!
    Storywise, if you don't fight, you are nothing more than a deserter xD

Edit:
    Do the math, a pvp player has to do like 500 h pvp to get these 48 Skillpoints, would you do 500 hours of grinding for 48 skillpoints?
    And he has to do like 300 -400 additional hours to grind to get all other points xD
    He doe not make any noticeable gold gains while he does pvp, because he needs soulgems, he will actually make no gold, how much gold for respeccing will you farm if you grind these 500 hours pve content?
    Edited by Custos91 on April 22, 2014 5:09AM
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...