The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to hide system messages (friends online...)

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to hide the names of friends who connect? that are usually displayed in all the chat boxes

Also is there a way to hide addon "system" yellow messages? (I know that master merchant floods walls of text for example)
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm aware of on PC. The log in/off spam from my friends list used to drive me crazy. So I took my friends list to zero. It is not as bad as it sounds as most of my friends are also in the small guild I belong to. I can easily look at the guild roster to see who is on if I want. I understand there are addons that can hide incoming log on/log off activity of friends but, honestly, I also appreciate the extra bit of privacy of not having my own log on/off activity pushed to others.

My solution is not ideal but, for me, it beats either a friends list or playing 'off line'.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also appreciate the extra bit of privacy of not having my own log on/off activity pushed to others.

If you set yourself to offline, then others do not see your logging on and off. Of course, that has its own issues too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention that I use LUI extended, I disabled those (and other) messages in the notification options.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info818-LuiExtended.html

"Display custom chat announcements for:
    Currency Spent & Received
    Items Looted & loot acquired by group members
    Experience Points gained
    Guild reputation (Guild Skill line experience) earned
    Skill points earned and skill advancements
    Collectibles, Lorebooks, and Achievements

Add Chat Announcements or modify the display of Alerts or Center Screen Announcements for:
    Level Up Notifications
    Skill Points & Skill Line Progression
    Achievements Unlocked
    Collectibles and Lorebooks Discovered
    Quests & Point of Interest Discovery/Completion
    Social Events - Friend/Ignore, Trading, Guild Notifications, Dueling, Pledge of Mara
    Group, Trial, & LFG Events
    Misc Events: Lockpicking, Entering Group Areas, Bag/Bank Space Upgrades, Mail Notifications, Justice Notifications, Disguise State Notifications
    Alerts & Errors
    "
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you set yourself to offline, then others do not see your logging on and off. Of course, that has its own issues too.

It's dangerous to set yourself offline constantly: in some guilds you are kicked/excluded if you don't log-in for "x" days in a row. Eg: in some of the guilds I'm in, you are kicked off if you don't log-in for 15 days.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I also appreciate the extra bit of privacy of not having my own log on/off activity pushed to others.

Thanks and you are correct. As you say, it has its own issues which caused me to reject routine use of it long ago. I actually do want nearby strangers to be able to whisper me if they feel they need to, and off line precludes that. I also found it very easy to forget that I'm set to off line - a couple of my guildies run in off line quite a bit and are notorious for forgetting to set it back to on line. Lol. :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 16, 2020 7:55PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo