The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Friends Logging In/Out - Any way to disable feature?

Mercutio
Mercutio
✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. I have looked and looked through the options. I dislike getting a message every time a friend logs in/out, switches a toon, etc.

Any help very much appreciated! Have a great day.
The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
#DwemerLife
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's an addon called 'Best Friends' which makes it so you get a brief notification rather than the spam. It's a bit like xbox live "Has logged on.." Ad then fades away.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info414-BestFriends.html
    Edited by briandivisionb16_ESO on September 19, 2014 12:33PM
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will check what addon can do that: I dont remember if it's Raidaway, Wykkyd's full immersion or Pinkiller ;)
    Edited by kwisatz on September 19, 2014 12:49PM
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is called Raidaway also if you want to get rid of those AND those annoying cyrodill notifications
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    It is called Raidaway also if you want to get rid of those AND those annoying cyrodill notifications

This feature isn't implemented yet, I think

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you also need a Spam Tool, SpamBayes can turn those off.
    SpamBayes
  • Rakatepa
    Rakatepa
    Soul Shriven
    It seems many after market solutions have been listed here but I agree with Mercutio that this should be part of the standard UI.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »

I think they meant trials notifications.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »

I use the addon, and i never see them anymore after installing said addon

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    correction(cuz you were right on the pvp notifications), it is not implemented yet. Wonder why I am not seeing them anymore then.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    correction(cuz you were right on the pvp notifications), it is not implemented yet. Wonder why I am not seeing them anymore then.

do you mean the scroll notifications? If you figure out what add on is blocking those outside of cyrodiil for you, please let me know. If I am not in cyrodiil, I do not care what obtains what scroll.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Take it out altogther and put in the friends/grouping tab. Click button "See Friends Online" that will ping and find out who's on and update your firends list. Don't think anyone needs to know the very second one of their friends logs in but if that's the case then develop a 'watch' feature for friends that you can select and turn feature on for - will be alerted the moment they sign in.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on September 19, 2014 3:07PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting unfriended after feeding my horses and doing daily writs and I really think the spam notifications are the reason because it’s always hard I log in near the end of my char list
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's also an add-on called 'No, Thank You' which allows a lot of annoying things to be switched on or off at will. I've used it for years and it's regularly updated.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the addon "No thank you" has that feature.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make a separate tab, I call my tab SYS. I then change the option on that tab to only show system messages, then I change the normal chat tab to not show system messages. The log in out will only show on my SYS tab, so it's out of my view until I need to look for system messages.

-Edit to add- You don't actually need the new tab, you can just disable system messages from showing in your chat. I do the extra tab just in case I need it.
    Edited by Runs on October 22, 2017 3:36PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP sounds like you need No, Thank You. It silences a ton of notifications (with options) plus can keep camera from rotating
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have No Thank You to block out most annoying messages