The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Instantly the worst update in years

• Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like you either instagib and rely on invulnerability frames for defense (hello 7/10 ppl currently in IC playing NB), or roll around rotating 4-6 buffs on your backbar while your armor does your killing for you... /sadface patch.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must not have been playing this game for years
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    This is by far the worst update I’ve played of PvP in years, [snip], it looks like every stamina build is running hunters venom and malacath, and three sets of this [snip] can make a bunch of players that couldn’t [snip] last update a powerful group. More thews of the harbinger tanks than I can count (which worst of all can stop you from taking a resource solo if one of these builds is there) and just tanks in general are absolutely everywhere. As soon as a group spots you, you’re bar is instantly maxed out with space for how many negative effects its can have on it with proc sets, bleeds, poisons and every debuff in the game instantly applied.

Snipe desyncsc are worse than ever and wwolves with 40k health running Alessian are unkillable and actually hit hard, [snip]. Please bring in a mid season patch to hard cap PvP health to 30k, stop malacath from buffing set damage and make proc sets scale off max stats, remove time extending passives from wwolf and for the love of god fix snipe! I knew this update wouldn’t be good but this is just horrendous ZOS should have written as the reasoning for this patch that the skill gap between good and bad players was far to big so they target of this patch was skilled play. [snip]

[edited for bashing]

I don't like this patch either. I'm not sure what "harbinger tanks" are but I have noticed every single Dragon Knight Tank I fight (if you want to even call them tanks... because they do massive damage also) plays exactly the same right now. It's just silly. Every single of them fights the same. It's like a clone army of Dragon Knights. So there is definitely some kind of tank build going around right now they need to nerf, what ever it is.

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even try change gear after this patch - I just wait beacuse there will be serious nerfs in next big update. If everyone uses new OP gear, it won't last long :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    /yawn.

PvP was horrible before this update. Prior to the patch everyone ran the same proc sets. At least now they've swapped them out in favor of a few different ones. ZOS's attitude toward PvP has never been an afterthought in the 6-12 months I've been playing. It's always been more of a "what's PvP?" approach.

Really not surprised and not expecting any real improvement anytime soon.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is by far the worst update I’ve played of PvP in years, [snip], it looks like every stamina build is running hunters venom and malacath, and three sets of this [snip] can make a bunch of players that couldn’t [snip] last update a powerful group. More thews of the harbinger tanks than I can count (which worst of all can stop you from taking a resource solo if one of these builds is there) and just tanks in general are absolutely everywhere. As soon as a group spots you, you’re bar is instantly maxed out with space for how many negative effects its can have on it with proc sets, bleeds, poisons and every debuff in the game instantly applied.

Snipe desyncsc are worse than ever and wwolves with 40k health running Alessian are unkillable and actually hit hard, [snip]. Please bring in a mid season patch to hard cap PvP health to 30k, stop malacath from buffing set damage and make proc sets scale off max stats, remove time extending passives from wwolf and for the love of god fix snipe! I knew this update wouldn’t be good but this is just horrendous ZOS should have written as the reasoning for this patch that the skill gap between good and bad players was far to big so they target of this patch was skilled play. [snip]

[edited for bashing]

disagree with all but snipe they rly should fix it
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

[edited for bashing]

I don't like this patch either. I'm not sure what "harbinger tanks" are but I have noticed every single Dragon Knight Tank I fight (if you want to even call them tanks... because they do massive damage also) plays exactly the same right now. It's just silly. Every single of them fights the same. It's like a clone army of Dragon Knights. So there is definitely some kind of tank build going around right now they need to nerf, what ever it is.

Harbinger tanks are those high health builds that throw on harbingers especially on necros with that one ult that increases health. It's basically a blazing shield build where the more health they have and the damage you do to them comes back on you. A guy made the build a while with it to show how broken it could be and did not want it leaked for pugs to try it. But eventually it did and made its way to pc too sadly.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edited for bashing]

Harbinger tanks are those high health builds that throw on harbingers especially on necros with that one ult that increases health. It's basically a blazing shield build where the more health they have and the damage you do to them comes back on you. A guy made the build a while with it to show how broken it could be and did not want it leaked for pugs to try it. But eventually it did and made its way to pc too sadly.

@RouDeR made it sing long long ago to be fair.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they use malacath's band and venomous smite? One makes it so you cant crit and the other only procs on crits. Idk man unless there is some secret that doesn't sound right at all.

Agreed -- Malacath's band stops crit damage? That's NOT good at all. And Venomous Smite procs once every 15 seconds? Not good at all.

:s
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point they might as well bring back Viper's Sting to it's pre nerf level. what's the difference in Today's sets... 🙄
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire patch is a health/proc damage/malacath meta, werewolves went from being strong to being completely ridiculous in terms of healing, healing buffed by health, and damage and offensive utility that’s just insane for the kit that you get from the transformation. I can’t believe they have something like vampire and then they went ahead and nerfed that, which was functionally weaker outside of just the spammable which was just in twelve man raids. Easily the most garbage patch I’ve ever seen in five years of this game and whoever made the major adjustments that led to this meta change should be totally removed from the company. Would 100% rather have Wrobel back if these are the metas that come without him.
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more. This update is completely broken. My break free animation hasn't worked since they implemented this patch.
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    PVP mechanics became rubish.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    At this point they might as well bring back Viper's Sting to it's pre nerf level. what's the difference in Today's sets... 🙄

Pre patch vipers doesn’t hold a candle to Caluurion’s legacy, it hits harder than most single target ults in no CP.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭

[edited for bashing]

@RouDeR made it sing long long ago to be fair.

Yeah you're right I completely forgot about that tbh. Luckily his build was a while ago that people forgot about it until it went more mainstream now.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got on today to try the magdk changes that I forgot about and guess what ? I couldn’t even dragon leap.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden & stamcros survivability is totally out of control.