The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Instantly the worst update in years

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
This is by far the worst update I’ve played of PvP in years, [snip], it looks like every stamina build is running hunters venom and malacath, and three sets of this [snip] can make a bunch of players that couldn’t [snip] last update a powerful group. More thews of the harbinger tanks than I can count (which worst of all can stop you from taking a resource solo if one of these builds is there) and just tanks in general are absolutely everywhere. As soon as a group spots you, you’re bar is instantly maxed out with space for how many negative effects its can have on it with proc sets, bleeds, poisons and every debuff in the game instantly applied.

Snipe desyncsc are worse than ever and wwolves with 40k health running Alessian are unkillable and actually hit hard, [snip]. Please bring in a mid season patch to hard cap PvP health to 30k, stop malacath from buffing set damage and make proc sets scale off max stats, remove time extending passives from wwolf and for the love of god fix snipe! I knew this update wouldn’t be good but this is just horrendous ZOS should have written as the reasoning for this patch that the skill gap between good and bad players was far to big so they target of this patch was skilled play. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 2, 2020 12:58PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best summary of this patch.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they use malacath's band and venomous smite? One makes it so you cant crit and the other only procs on crits. Idk man unless there is some secret that doesn't sound right at all.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    I will continue to sit this one out
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would they use malacath's band and venomous smite? One makes it so you cant crit and the other only procs on crits. Idk man unless there is some secret that doesn't sound right at all.

cloak forces a crit.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

cloak forces a crit.

Not with malacth

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might want to wait and see what damage they do to aoe's before calling for nerfs. Whatever they end up doing to aoe will upend everything.

That said, once the tests start, and most of the heals, purges, and class defensive skills in the game get a 3s cooldown....omg, proc sets are going to be oppressive.

• One_Bad_Bosmer
    I know how the OP feels. I went from the last day of the Greymoor patch(XB1) feeling pretty confident about my build for Stonethorn. Patch drops and I absolutely got wrekt everywhere I went and it was so bad that it's causing some major build anxiety LOL!

Did I miss something and does anyone else feel the same? I'm running a Nord Stamsorc with Eternal Vigor, Briarheart and Balorgh's. 2H and SnB. Did they ninja nerf Eternal? I don't get it. I'm growing a bit weary of all these changes....

And yes OP I agree, this patch feels a lot like hot garbage...
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how the OP feels. I went from the last day of the Greymoor patch(XB1) feeling pretty confident about my build for Stonethorn. Patch drops and I absolutely got wrekt everywhere I went and it was so bad that it's causing some major build anxiety LOL!

Did I miss something and does anyone else feel the same? I'm running a Nord Stamsorc with Eternal Vigor, Briarheart and Balorgh's. 2H and SnB. Did they ninja nerf Eternal? I don't get it. I'm growing a bit weary of all these changes....

If you in medium that's still squishy even if you are nord, try out trollking with health rec food I run similar build on stamplar
    Edited by West93 on September 2, 2020 4:16PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are and have always created such disdain in PvP. So what does ZOS do? Buff them to absurd levels. Genius.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you could try adapting your build to counter instead of expecting your build to perform the same way as before. trouble with PvP in this game is that it's always someone else's fault
  • One_Bad_Bosmer
    West93 wrote: »

If you in medium that's still squishy even if you are nord, try out trollking with health rec food I run similar build on stamplar

Thanks for the response bud, yea I wear 5 Medium and 2 heavy. I run either artaeum or sugar skulls. I wonder if bloodthirsty is worth running in pvp since it got changed....I will run my TK yet again.
  • One_Bad_Bosmer
    you could try adapting your build to counter instead of expecting your build to perform the same way as before. trouble with PvP in this game is that it's always someone else's fault

LOL well I'd like to think the issue is my build, even tho there's mag sorc's out there hitting 15k heavy attacks in PVP....this patch is something that I don't much care for, especially in the way of Proc sets. Also found out Molag Kena is broke af lol so no other wonder. Ah well grin and bear it I suppose :neutral:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be way more interested with all the changes if it didn't feel like I'm jumping right into viper, tremor, and I cant remember the old school proc set up completely anymore....

Yeah if it didnt feel like that
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • One_Bad_Bosmer
    I would be way more interested with all the changes if it didn't feel like I'm jumping right into viper, tremor, and I cant remember the old school proc set up completely anymore....

Yeah if it didnt feel like that

Hahaha! Yea, well in bg's last night i fought not just one but several stamblades wearing Venemous Smite, Sheer Venom and more than likely balorghs and malacaths band.... >_< owie!!
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone complains about snipe and hunters venom but there are so many other more powerful sets and abilities out there. Streak+destro staff ult anyone? Trying sniping the same guy spamming shields then crystal fragging you to death. How about the tons of stamdens running around? Can't snipe them, they can soak up all you got and waste you though, probably full health the whole time too. Good luck against their ult while you're at it. You aren't sniping these tanky solo wardens running around, that's for sure. How about unleashed terror? Sheer venom? I see "elites" using this stuff, not just nubs. Stamsorcs rofl. Magplars running overwhelming and grothdarr, good luck if you get CC'd in that.

But yea....let's keep complaining about snipe lol. Snipe is annoying, all the other builds will straight up wreck you. I snipe plenty, and the amount of people that stand there and take all my hits are few and far between. The VAST majority of the time my snipes are dodged lol. So while this desync thing seems to happen to you all the time, from someone on the other end I can assure you it is rare. I am lucky to get a hit in, which is why I don't bother spamming it anymore, just an opener or a long distance harass tool.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 3, 2020 1:22AM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to fight groups of players running malacath+venomous smite ;-)
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Everyone complains about snipe and hunters venom but there are so many other more powerful sets and abilities out there. Streak+destro staff ult anyone? Trying sniping the same guy spamming shields then crystal fragging you to death. How about the tons of stamdens running around? Can't snipe them, they can soak up all you got and waste you though, probably full health the whole time too. Good luck against their ult while you're at it. You aren't sniping these tanky solo wardens running around, that's for sure. How about unleashed terror? Sheer venom? I see "elites" using this stuff, not just nubs. Stamsorcs rofl. Magplars running overwhelming and grothdarr, good luck if you get CC'd in that.

But yea....let's keep complaining about snipe lol. Snipe is annoying, all the other builds will straight up wreck you. I snipe plenty, and the amount of people that stand there and take all my hits are few and far between. The VAST majority of the time my snipes are dodged lol. So while this desync thing seems to happen to you all the time, from someone on the other end I can assure you it is rare. I am lucky to get a hit in, which is why I don't bother spamming it anymore, just an opener or a long distance harass tool.

The difference is the warden has to build tanky enough, with enough sustain to kite and have a well rehearsed burst to survive and actually kill others, snipers rely on stacking max damage, the spamming of 1 skill that is incredibly bugged and using 1 incredibly strong skill to survive, there is a gigantic difference in skill required solo.

• TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they run hunters venom and malacath at once.
    Cause hunters wont work with malacath.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It sounds like you've evolved from a one trick snipe pony to a NB with an array of tactics. Killing an enemy who stands there eating damage without responding is assassination, not fighting. Keep evolving your play, it will make you a better NB overall and also open up more build creativity for you.

edit:messed up the quote
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on September 3, 2020 1:10PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmmmmmmm......................... i really expect stuff to go crazy when the patch drops.

yknow what, I'm doing pretty fine here. i don't die any more often, nor I get kills easier. I even tried 8 different builds with multiple combinations coz I was excited with the new set changes....... yes I have Malacath and tried with Venom (currently farming Thorn Castle to get enough Unleashed gear...)

but end up going back to my NMA + Orgnum + Bloodspawn........

This is Stam DK on CP Grey Host campaign PC NA.

What's going on? Is the complaints coming more on NO CP?

PS: even the lag is a lot better.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    You might want to wait and see what damage they do to aoe's before calling for nerfs. Whatever they end up doing to aoe will upend everything.

That said, once the tests start, and most of the heals, purges, and class defensive skills in the game get a 3s cooldown....omg, proc sets are going to be oppressive.

Are going to be? They are already the defining aspect of the most threatening opponents in PvP.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

The difference is the warden has to build tanky enough, with enough sustain to kite and have a well rehearsed burst to survive and actually kill others, snipers rely on stacking max damage, the spamming of 1 skill that is incredibly bugged and using 1 incredibly strong skill to survive, there is a gigantic difference in skill required solo.

Try using bone shield on 30k+ plus build and tell me which one is broken
  • One_Bad_Bosmer

BRUV! Why don't you stop with all them negative vibes...I don't recall complaining about snipe lol. It's just the absolute gong show of set combos that ppl are choosing to run. And yes I've ran into the eye of the storm/overwhelming/grothdarr using magplars. Nothing a Dawnie and ball of lightning can't fix in most situations. I don't quite understand your dig/angle. Don't be mad tho bro :wink:
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if so many things are broken, doesn't mean all these things are instead viable?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair spent 20 mins in imperial city and this thread rung in my ears. Dayum the procs and naughty builds are rife.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I need to come back, it seems like a broken meta. I do enjoy those
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I have not had many issues with the proc meta. That may also be because I run a stamplar with a hefty mag pool to cleanse with.

I will agree on some points though. Malacath shouldn't buff set damage and Snipe desyncs are the worst they have ever been. Further, gap closers being broken, and sorc teleports rubber banding them all over the place have made the PvP experience... rough at best.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm running mostly stat sets myself with no issues, and have tried direct damage proc sets with success,
    katorga wrote: »

Are going to be? They are already the defining aspect of the most threatening opponents in PvP.

Yes, but what if, based on the aoe changes, they are the ONLY option to be threatening. Why worry if they are OP now, when a month from now the entire earth can shift under our feet and suddenly instead of being OP, they are baseline?

AOE changes will be the greatest fundamental change to the game since CP was introduced.

Besides, assuming no changes to AOE, ZOS will over-nerf proc sets 1-2 releases from now and completely change the meta yet again.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    I'd love to fight groups of players running malacath+venomous smite ;-)

Probably from the comfort of a zerg, try fighting 3V1
    Ishtharo wrote: »
    Personally I have not had many issues with the proc meta. That may also be because I run a stamplar with a hefty mag pool to cleanse with.

I will agree on some points though. Malacath shouldn't buff set damage and Snipe desyncs are the worst they have ever been. Further, gap closers being broken, and sorc teleports rubber banding them all over the place have made the PvP experience... rough at best.

Yes I have definitely noticed the intense streak rubber banding that didn’t really happen before this patch went live, makes fighting sorcs near impossible at the moment.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath is usually paired with grothdar, overwhelming and etc.

There is so much cheese in this patch. Gotta sell the latest expansion....at all costs, apparently.

They really need to replace the current combat team. They’re constantly wrecking this game. They have no clue how to balance the game.