The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Murkmire main quest broken (Death and Dreaming)

Thundertalon
Thundertalon
✭✭
Tl;dr the Death and Dreaming quest is very broken and is difficult if not impossible to finish right now

The main issue is the murals in the Dreaming Cave, which you need to interact with to progress. Most of the time, interacting with them will just have your character turn and look at the murals, but not activate them. This is during the quest step when you have to interact with a specific one, after drinking the potion

Relogging simply puts you outside of the Swallowed Grove entrance and resets all quest progress you made inside those areas, which is very annoying. Since there are several murals (and therefore several dream areas you have to complete), this is a lot of wasted time. So you can reset and get thru the first mural if lucky, but then have to deal with broken murals afterwards. At that point, you have to reset to try again, and you lose all progress made inside

What makes it worse is that this is going on during the event (need to finish this quest to get some daily quests), and there were major bugs already back last year with this quest, dealing with fighting the Ayleids

Tested on PC gamepad mode. Any updates/advice is greatly appreciated
Pact: DK dps & magblade; DC: magplar, PC NA
Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what caused me to abandon Murkmire on my 3rd character.

This quest constantly crashed and sent me to the beginning of the whole quest arc (so 20 mins or so of gameplay).

I simply could not be bothered to continually ‘test’ it to see if ZOS had noticed and/or fixed it.

Ultimately they did fix it, but I’d never bother to start another character there... way too much effort to have it crap out halfway whenever it felt like.

Hope they fix it fast.
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonBarnes would you mind taking a look at this, when you have a chance
    Edited by Thundertalon on February 27, 2020 1:26AM
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I must have been lucky, I had no trouble with it last night, and usually will have the worst luck with bugs.. Have some perhaps changed the interact key to something not recognized for the quest?
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I must have been lucky, I had no trouble with it last night, and usually will have the worst luck with bugs.. Have some perhaps changed the interact key to something not recognized for the quest?

Possibly. Were you using keyboard (not gamepad)?
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Yes keyboard, had not changed the basic controls keys.
  • Igneo87
    Igneo87
    Soul Shriven
    Hello:

Hope someone from ZOS checks this. I´m trying this quest (Death and Dreaming) since yesterday and an invisible wall dont let me talk to "sap-speaker kuzei" . Third part of the dream.

I guess is a bugged that has come with the new patch (dlc).

Let me know if its fix I want to finish the quest with a character please.

Thanks.

Igneo
  • Igneo87
    Igneo87
    Soul Shriven
    Igneo87 wrote: »
    Hello:

Hope someone from ZOS checks this. I´m trying this quest (Death and Dreaming) since yesterday and an invisible wall dont let me talk to "sap-speaker kuzei" . Third part of the dream.

Thanks.

Igneo

By the way I have a picture
  • Igneo87
    Igneo87
    Soul Shriven
    fbdi3zdcu6j2.jpg

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my wife was doing this quest and get stuck on the exact same invisible wall. Relogging, leaving and returning or taking off addons. Nothing worked. Using steak did not work either and we couldn't duel so we couldn't try to knock each other through either. Really sucks cause until it is fixed we can't continue the story line at all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am also stuck with this invisible wall. I can't find a way around it.

RCTgm4J.png
  • BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    Let us hide vampirsm with a "none" option in the collections menu, let us hide every piece of armor in the outfit station, at the very least let us hide shoulders belts, and gloves please zos I just wana run around as a prisoner without having to find a belt or shoulderpads that fit
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird I have done this many times without any issues,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Beja9878eb17_ESO
    Beja9878eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same invisible wall/flickering walls issue in that part, I have tried to complete the quest over three days using advice from support (such as logging out to reset the instance etc) but nothing seems to help. Would really appreciate a solution, I've been enjoying the questline a lot :)
  • GrdPa
    GrdPa
    Soul Shriven
    Me too, wall issue
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Thank you all for taking the time to report this issue. We wanted to let you know that we are looking into this and it should be fixed in an upcoming incremental patch.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Groovymarlin
    Groovymarlin
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem also. Bummed out!
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭
    During the quest "Death and Dreaming" I am at the point where my task says "Listen to Sap-Speaker Kuzei". There is an invisible wall preventing me from moving forward to do this. I have restarted the quest twice. Submitted bug reports in game also.

Because of this invisible wall I am unable to progress any further in the quest and must give up on completing it.
    (Link to video below)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNF_rC-wHqo&feature=youtu.be
    Should've been Roscrea
  • BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    Desmuu wrote: »
    During the quest "Death and Dreaming" I am at the point where my task says "Listen to Sap-Speaker Kuzei". There is an invisible wall preventing me from moving forward to do this. I have restarted the quest twice. Submitted bug reports in game also.

Because of this invisible wall I am unable to progress any further in the quest and must give up on completing it.
    (Link to video below)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNF_rC-wHqo&feature=youtu.be

same issue in my gif, btw you can record you screen with programs like gyzo gif instead of phone recording
    Let us hide vampirsm with a "none" option in the collections menu, let us hide every piece of armor in the outfit station, at the very least let us hide shoulders belts, and gloves please zos I just wana run around as a prisoner without having to find a belt or shoulderpads that fit
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    Igneo87 wrote: »
    Hello:

Thanks.

Igneo

Same thing happened to me

• dioclesus
    dioclesus
    Soul Shriven
    +1 , I Just stumble on this bug as well.
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for taking the time to report this issue. We wanted to let you know that we are looking into this and it should be fixed in an upcoming incremental patch.

I just ran into this bug today, can you please advise if/when it will be fixed, thank you :)
  • White_Emerald
    White_Emerald
    Soul Shriven
    Ostaradoe wrote: »

I just ran into this bug today, can you please advise if/when it will be fixed, thank you :)

Should be fixed in the next incremental patch, September 8th.
    Do. Or do not. There is no try.
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭

Sweet. I'll report back here shortly after that patch and let you fellas know how it goes.
    Should've been Roscrea
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

It's not in the next incremental on the 8th. We haven't implemented a fix to test yet, so it'll be at least a few weeks.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • White_Emerald
    White_Emerald
    Soul Shriven

It's not in the next incremental on the 8th. We haven't implemented a fix to test yet, so it'll be at least a few weeks.

Oh bummer. Was hoping it would be.. Saw the next patch was the 8th and had hoped it would be.. darn
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you check this, we had an similar issue yesterday in Nchuleftingh, tried to follow the questmarker in the first "room" to get through to the next area. Although the game clearly stated where we should go, there was an invisible wall and we had to take another way. Might be a coincidence, just wanted to let you know.
  • BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »
    If you check this, we had an similar issue yesterday in Nchuleftingh, tried to follow the questmarker in the first "room" to get through to the next area. Although the game clearly stated where we should go, there was an invisible wall and we had to take another way. Might be a coincidence, just wanted to let you know.

Did the walls of the cave flicker? like in my gif
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »

Did the walls of the cave flicker? like in my gif

Yup
    Should've been Roscrea
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still broken
  • White_Emerald
    White_Emerald
    Soul Shriven
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    still broken

Yeah it's gonna be for a while. Won't be patched for a few weeks.