The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dodge roll cheats

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I've seen it several times now on my Nightblade, players with no other enemies or any action going on around them will suddenly dodge roll my attacks from stealth. No detection, no provocation, they just "suddenly" know to dodge roll to avoid my attack without even looking at me. I've also had some players try to aim light attacks at me in stealth despite not being detetced.

There's clearly an add-on or some cheat script they're using to warn them of attacks or automatically dodge rolls for them, there's no way they've seen me and there's no way they just "randomly" rolled at that point as it's PRECISELY when it needs to dodge the attack.

Yea I've seen that a lot too. Also seen a ton of people in Cyrodiil fighting someone else and not even paying attention to me yet they time their dodge rolls perfectly to coincide with my attacks, not spamming either.

There are known cheat egnines for this kind of thing, but without even reading the thread I am sure everyone said it is skill, no one cheats in ESO...

I dodge snipe from stealth regularly, on console.

It's easy and definitely doesn't call for accusations of cheating.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Headphones. And why is it always a NB from stealth using snipe(one of the obvious audio queues) that starts threads like this..
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it several times now on my Nightblade, players with no other enemies or any action going on around them will suddenly dodge roll my attacks from stealth. No detection, no provocation, they just "suddenly" know to dodge roll to avoid my attack without even looking at me. I've also had some players try to aim light attacks at me in stealth despite not being detetced.

There's clearly an add-on or some cheat script they're using to warn them of attacks or automatically dodge rolls for them, there's no way they've seen me and there's no way they just "randomly" rolled at that point as it's PRECISELY when it needs to dodge the attack.

A video would help your point.

One thing I'll add is detect pots. I use em and have had so many messages about how I targeted them. It's kinda funny as folks just sat squatting perfectly visable.

Yours sounds different tho. Assume PC?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    With a little experience (and no lag) it is very easy to predict ambushes and dodge roll.

There is no video that someone can dodge a sneak attack, unless you know it coming before it is initiated, or unless you detected a stealth player trying to ambush you.
    Player dodge roling before a stealth attack lands has sixth sense or divine foresight.
    Please show me a video that you dodge roll before a stealth attack landed on you. In a bg match and not a mock battle where you ask your friends to stealth attack you so you can dodge roll that.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a little experience (and no lag) it is very easy to predict ambushes and dodge roll.

There is no video that someone can dodge a sneak attack, unless you know it coming before it is initiated, or unless you detected a stealth player trying to ambush you.
    Player dodge roling before a stealth attack lands has sixth sense or divine foresight.
    Please show me a video that you dodge roll before a stealth attack landed on you. In a bg match and not a mock battle where you ask your friends to stealth attack you so you can dodge roll that.

@russelmmendoza The game music changes, my dude. Being targeted causes combat music to play. I don't just mean moving crosshairs over someone, I mean moving crosshairs over someone and then pressing the skill button will play their combat music, even before they take any damage. Hitting your skill button signifies your intent to engage them in combat, and the game plays their combat music. The further you are from them the longer the travel time for the damage, and the more time they have to think. If the person was already in combat then maybe they were dodge rolling something they could see, or just anticipating. There are explanations. If you see something you can't explain then record it as evidence. I'm sure there are cheaters out there, but some people have been getting ganked since 2014 and just roll instinctively when the game tells them there's potential combat.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 3, 2020 6:08AM
    PC | EU
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@russelmmendoza The game music changes, my dude. Being targeted causes combat music to play. I don't just mean moving crosshairs over someone, I mean moving crosshairs over someone and then pressing the skill button will play their combat music, even before they take any damage. Hitting your skill button signifies your intent to engage them in combat, and the game plays their combat music. The further you are from them the longer the travel time for the damage, and the more time they have to think. If the person was already in combat then maybe they were dodge rolling something they could see, or just anticipating. There are explanations. If you see something you can't explain then record it as evidence. I'm sure there are cheaters out there, but some people have been getting ganked since 2014 and just roll instinctively when the game tells them there's potential combat.
    I have been playing bg since it started, there is no music change when ever I attack from stealth.
    Even if I attack a lone player, I swear I do not hear a change in music when attacking from stealth while playing bg.
    And I have been playing bg as a nightblade since bg started.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been playing bg since it started, there is no music change when ever I attack from stealth.
    Even if I attack a lone player, I swear I do not hear a change in music when attacking from stealth while playing bg.

Yeah I feel a bit silly because I didn't notice this was in the BGs section and my posts have been relating to cyrodiil. But in BGs I think it would be even harder to be sure it was cheaters; people just roll because they haven't rolled since roll cooldown. In your previous post you ask for videos, but the onus is on the cheat accusers to provide evidence. I think there are probably cheaters in the game, but you can't go around saying everyone who anticipates damage is cheating because there's no way they could know without divine foresight, especially in BGs. I have dodge roll bound to mouse wheel up, and I knock it on accident all the time, and even more often in BGs.
    PC | EU
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I feel a bit silly because I didn't notice this was in the BGs section and my posts have been relating to cyrodiil. But in BGs I think it would be even harder to be sure it was cheaters; people just roll because they haven't rolled since roll cooldown. In your previous post you ask for videos, but the onus is on the cheat accusers to provide evidence. I think there are probably cheaters in the game, but you can't go around saying everyone who anticipates damage is cheating because there's no way they could know without divine foresight, especially in BGs. I have dodge roll bound to mouse wheel up, and I knock it on accident all the time, and even more often in BGs.

Yeah I thought so, maybe in cyrodiil there would be sound cues for a stealth attack, we dont have it in bg though, lol.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on September 3, 2020 6:36AM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I thought so, maybe in cyrodiil there would be sound cues for a stealth attack, we dont have it in bg though, lol.

Yes you do have audio cues in BGs. You still hear the sounds from the skills even when they are used from stealth.
    That especcially makes skills with a loud cue and and travel time very easy to dodge if you listen to them.
    So things like sniper or ambush are absolutely dodgeable if theyre used on you from stealth.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main