The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Lokke Change..Why

montiferus
montiferus
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. Used to love running this set in 4 man content. Now it is nerfed to near uselessness. Why? Were people complaining it was OP? A 33% reduction to Major Slayer was way over the top for this set.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 27, 2020 6:28PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s way late to the party to be just figuring this out now, @montiferus.

There was six (6) weeks of PTS testIng and now almost one (1) week of Live.

It's not that Lokke was OP ... but it was one of the overwhelming favorites for Stamina DPS.

If you really think it's "over the top" (I don't think it is), there are other sets out there.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really isn't a bad change. In trials you can still easily get 100% uptime. In dungeons with one synergy that's still 50% Major Slayer, not shabby at all. With two synergies, 100% is possible. Lokke probably needed to get hit, honestly. It was absurdly strong. AY coming back is a nice treat on the back end. And you can still run Lokke in trials if your group doesn't have RO or other sources of slayer. I ain't mad at this change tbh.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyway complaint or not they have decide it was op and need the nerf hammer, nothing we could have done about it...
    their

and now they adding more sets that will generates tons of additional synergy, so it make sense they nerf it
    my golden set is now in my home chest :)

• hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like War Machine..Why?

On the other hand, they dont always nerf/change stuff bcuz its OP.
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    This really isn't a bad change. In trials you can still easily get 100% uptime. In dungeons with one synergy that's still 50% Major Slayer, not shabby at all. With two synergies, 100% is possible. Lokke probably needed to get hit, honestly. It was absurdly strong. AY coming back is a nice treat on the back end. And you can still run Lokke in trials if your group doesn't have RO or other sources of slayer. I ain't mad at this change tbh.

disagree. I went in optimized trial and because everything is trow at the same time, + some synergy are limited in number of use, it's prety hard to get 100% uptime. I dont think i'll use that much now considering Deadly is better than Lokke (for Stamplar) if you dont have something like 70-80% uptime on Majorslayer which is harder to achieve now.
    Nop, this set was fine. Very good in trials and situationnal good to bad in dungeon if you didn't had synergy to feed it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »

disagree. I went in optimized trial and because everything is trow at the same time, + some synergy are limited in number of use, it's prety hard to get 100% uptime. I dont think i'll use that much now considering Deadly is better than Lokke (for Stamplar) if you dont have something like 70-80% uptime on Majorslayer which is harder to achieve now.
    Nop, this set was fine. Very good in trials and situationnal good to bad in dungeon if you didn't had synergy to feed it.

You illustrated exactly why Lokke was the "go-to" set for Stam DPS, @Koubo ... and why ZOS wanted to tune it down a little to be in-line with other sets.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please show me a trial log where you were able to achieve 100% uptime.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

[Quoted post was removed

[snip]

Not a lot of feedback usually means it's an inconsequential change that didn't prompt players to post feedback during the actual PTS session ...

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 29, 2020 12:57PM
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's rare pre-nerf. Of course it'd be rare post-nerf. The point is, the functionality of the set really hasn't changed. Just with necro DPS synergy and orbs, you could theoretically achieve 100%, as the cooldowns line up. More synergies just makes it easier. It's not like they completely dumpstered the set. If you don't have RO or MA/WM, it's still a very functional set that's probably worth more DPS than Rele in a vaccuum with AY.
    Edited by Skjaldbjorn on August 28, 2020 9:24PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think You don't know how PTS testing session works. Things that pushed devs to make that particular decision happened earlier and devs decided they'll change that set. Then they added that change on PTS with lots of others changes to collect feedback from players. There was not much if any feedback about lokke change which in devs eyes means people accepted that change. Lack of negative feedback about lokke change during last PTS partially resulted in a change going live.

And why Zos changed Lokke ? Possibly because in their spreadsheets as set that can be only worn on one bar it was outperforming many other sets that required to be active on both bars while at the same time it had pretty easy requirements to reach high level of effectivness in group content. For example You could easily keep around 60% uptime with just 1 DD in Your group using orbs in their rotation and that is on average 9% dmg boost to all of Your dmg which is pretty strong.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 29, 2020 12:58PM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean Locke in group will be fine. I just don't understand why Stam can't hit hard. Rele is now only hitting around 7k but maw(vanilla dungeon 2 piece) hits 5-6k depending on class. I just don't understand. Does that not bother them?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's rare pre-nerf. Of course it'd be rare post-nerf. The point is, the functionality of the set really hasn't changed. Just with necro DPS synergy and orbs, you could theoretically achieve 100%, as the cooldowns line up. More synergies just makes it easier. It's not like they completely dumpstered the set. If you don't have RO or MA/WM, it's still a very functional set that's probably worth more DPS than Rele in a vaccuum with AY.

Bruh. I had 69% uptime last night with horrendous lag, desyncs and similar issues to the point that 80% of my light attacks were medium. The servers are god awful atm and I was still able to hold up 69%. Is it likely to get 100%? Of course not, not unless your group is hyper organized and regulating synergies down to the timer. Is 80% attainable? Completely. 80% slayer is really good. RO will be in most trial groups, anyway.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 29, 2020 12:58PM
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭

Koubo wrote: »

You illustrated exactly why Lokke was the "go-to" set for Stam DPS, @Koubo ... and why ZOS wanted to tune it down a little to be in-line with other sets.

I wont lie : i wasent a great fan of Lokke. As a Stamplar it's prety tricky to trigger Synergy while jabbing and might result into a slow down on rotation. I liked it a bit more as i use it and get use to get synergy but sometimes people just used them hile jabbing (and you want trigger them until it's done) so it was a waste. I dont say it's not usefull anymore VS Deadly but i parsed at near 90K with Deadly and AY. Why should I bother with it now?
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's such a big nerf honestly, 100 % uptime should still be very possible, it's an annoying change, but not too bad.

If anything i do not like at all what they did to war machine and architect.

They did 1 thing right and 1 really really wrong.
    Edited by JinMori on August 30, 2020 3:40PM
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's such a big nerf honestly, 100 % uptime should still be very possible, it's an annoying change, but not too bad.

If anything i do not like at all what they did to war machine and architect.

They did 1 thing right and 1 really really wrong.

On paper maybe, in practice all Synergy are throw more or less at the same time, and some are limited in uses. Which make Lokke 100% uptime more tricky in practice than in theory.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the change either, what with being on the front bar and synergies being temperamental to hit sometimes (especially orbs) getting a great uptime wasn't a straightforward thing. It was grindy enough to farm for it and now it's delegated to storage chests. Very spasmodic, unecessary nerf.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It stood out for its strength vs uptime vs ease. Just activate a synergy on cooldown and heres ~1500 weapon damage