The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Siphon and blastbones adjustments.

JinMori
JinMori
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So there are a few adjustments that these skills needs to make them less clunky, nothing worthy of being called redesign, just a few things.

Blastbones should attach to the target and work like a time bomb, instead of runnign to the target and cause all kinds of trouble with the rotation and what path it takes, because we know how bad it is.

Siphon off the gcd.

Id say that's probably a couple of hours of work at first glance. So nothing really difficult.
Edited by JinMori on August 28, 2020 5:09PM
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if the Stalking Blastbones morph scaled with distance instead of time, or a combination of the two for when it sits there doing nothing.

It would also be nice if the tether could be used without a corpse, but become more powerful or useful when used on a corpse; kinda like Boneyard. It would be more reliable that way.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'd be nice if the Stalking Blastbones morph scaled with distance instead of time, or a combination of the two for when it sits there doing nothing.

It would also be nice if the tether could be used without a corpse, but become more powerful or useful when used on a corpse; kinda like Boneyard. It would be more reliable that way.

But the problem is that those two suggestions do not solve the problems that these 2 skills have.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones mechanic is fine. People complain about it not always landing and I don't blame them, I do it too, you always want your abilities to land. But the pathing gives it counterplay, which it needs because the Stam morph is really the strongest semi spamamble available in PvP. Without that it would need to be adjusted, most likely removing major defile and leaving it with the chance to proc minor from being disease damage. As described in OP in would basically be a curse clone and would need to be of a similar power level.

In PvE I never have an issue with it. Against bosses I'm in melee range and it goes off after a very short delay everytime. Even at range most bosses just stand relatively still. Against trash packs your target will sometimes die before it gets there but that happens with all delayed damage abilities, just means you didn't need to fire off that last one. Trash pulls I usually open with it, casting it before the tank engages but as he's running in, I follow that up with my endless hail, then another blastbones and after that I generally don't bother with it until the next group.

The problem is with the mag morph, it has the same counterplay but without the punch. They just need to replace the distance traveled bonus damage with a similarly punishing debuff. Maybe minor vulnerability, or major maim. Or major mangle, we don't have that one yet.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blastbones mechanic is fine. People complain about it not always landing and I don't blame them, I do it too, you always want your abilities to land. But the pathing gives it counterplay, which it needs because the Stam morph is really the strongest semi spamamble available in PvP. Without that it would need to be adjusted, most likely removing major defile and leaving it with the chance to proc minor from being disease damage. As described in OP in would basically be a curse clone and would need to be of a similar power level.

In PvE I never have an issue with it. Against bosses I'm in melee range and it goes off after a very short delay everytime. Even at range most bosses just stand relatively still. Against trash packs your target will sometimes die before it gets there but that happens with all delayed damage abilities, just means you didn't need to fire off that last one. Trash pulls I usually open with it, casting it before the tank engages but as he's running in, I follow that up with my endless hail, then another blastbones and after that I generally don't bother with it until the next group.

The problem is with the mag morph, it has the same counterplay but without the punch. They just need to replace the distance traveled bonus damage with a similarly punishing debuff. Maybe minor vulnerability, or major maim. Or major mangle, we don't have that one yet.

Gotta disagree.

Curse is adjusted that way because sorc has fragments, no, this ability needs to work like a time bomb, it's way too unreliable.

Even with perfect rotation, every single blastbones lands, the dps from mag necro is not very good, stam necro is good but not op.

This isn't about counterplay, this is about a skill design not working well.

And if they were to nerf the damage, well i would rather have a functioning skill that does less damage than one that isn't working well.
    Edited by JinMori on August 29, 2020 2:14PM