The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagDK Lava Whip morph?

xtrocata
xtrocata
Soul Shriven
Is there any way I can morph Lava Whip so it could be good for pvp and pve? The two morphs seem to be excellent for two different jobs, Molten Whip for pve and Flame Lash for pvp.

I just don't want to sacrifice my potency in either pve or pvp. Any suggestions?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Molten Whip in PvP. It's nice to have control over when it procs. I use Unrelenting Grip to build stacks (weird, I know, but it's undodgeable and free). The fully-stacked damage is really high.

In PvE you can definitely use either depending on what difficulty of content you want to do and how good your dps already is. Like if you have enough DPS already, you can use whichever is slightly lower DPS.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lash is fine for both. If youre super competative in pve then youll probably want to switch morphs to molten. Its really cheap to switch morphs.

And in reality if you cared about your potency in either you would be paying to switch your cp anyway which is arguably more important. so changing a morph on your whip shouldnt be that bad.

I play my magedk main in both pve and pvp and i switch a few morphs and cp every time so i may be biased.