The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FIX Nerien’eth ARMS PACK GLOW EFFECT

Asdara
Asdara
✭✭✭✭✭
Fix this plz
Only the 2H Sword has GLOW+Nerien’eth effect? WHY???
It really feels empty and underwhelming
Even the basic staff has a light glow effect with the enchant proc

ARaOeuT.png?
7fvOdZZ.png?
KVtvlSq.png?

Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
2: Spellcrafting.
3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
4: Summon weapon.
5: Change the Housing item limit.
6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought it yet but I checked them through the crown store preview and they looked really cool. Is this a bug when you actually equip it? Can somebody else confirm?
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought it yet but I checked them through the crown store preview and they looked really cool. Is this a bug when you actually equip it? Can somebody else confirm?

also in the preview just the sword "glows". Glow means that it illuminates the player and environment.

Glow is common for the sets Ilambris, sellistrix and valkyn skoria (yellow, fire), and iceheart (blue, ice).

They released other sets afterwards without illumination, but I have not seen a "mix" like this time before (just 1 weapon illuminating). Gives the impression of just half finished.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on August 26, 2020 6:50PM
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay weird because I just previewed as I'm interested but only if they have the glow effect and for me there's plenty glow.

Staff:

fM56URS.png

Dagger:

dQBJiUY.png

Two handed sword:

Ar3ru1Z.png

Okay I admit that the 2H looks a bit odd with the fire only at the base of the blade, but they all have fire/glow effect on preview for me. Haven't bought it yet so I can't say about how it'll look post purchase.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay weird because I just previewed as I'm interested but only if they have the glow effect and for me there's plenty glow.

The difference here is the 'glow' as in the particle effect, versus the 'glow' as in the ambient light cast.

Not all of the Monster sets cast an ambient light, but they all have a particle effect. Really, we've only seen a few with an ambient light as well, and most of those have been the flaming ones like Ilambris.

But if you look at the pics, you can see that the 2H sword is casting light, but the others aren't. Look at the ground - only the 2H pic shows a blue light under your character, but the other two don't.

I just took these with the preview, and you can see it well. The 2H sword is lighting up the whole area and you can see his face lit up. The other two just have the particle effect and that's it.
    ymOFOuJ.png
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tomofhyrule Hmm yeah, I see what you mean there. That's bad design/coding. If we don't hear back about this being a bug and is going to get a fix, I might skip it. I really want a glowy staff and I love this design but... too many items with visual "bugs" that either never gets fixed or are claimed to be wai.
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the difference might be better visible by a comparison with other sets.

Under collections - weapon styles you should be ablle to preview iceheart staff, that has a similar concept (blue).
    Compare both staffs in how far they lighten the area around you, best visible in darkness close to a wall.
    Options
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that seriously the staff? I thought it was going to be like the one in the picture, to resemble the Lich staff. Disappointed.
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knowing ZOS' track record with this kind of stuff, this will never get fixed. The inconsistency with the arms packs is really disappointing. They charge the same number of crowns for weapons that are missing features (ambient light). I've never seen a mix like this before. It's baffling.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm previewing and there seems to be plenty of effects on my end. PC EU.

25906456_lytoR44pHUdiAlt.png

Is this not what should be happening?
    Edited by kadochka on August 26, 2020 8:02PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »
    Fix this plz

ARaOeuT.png?
    7fvOdZZ.png?
    KVtvlSq.png?

Works on the Staff for me. I only wish it glowed when it was on my back as well.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is daytime in tamriel so hard to show it.

The bank in Rimmen is not so bright, enough to show the difference.

See how iceheart lightens the wall, nerien not.

If you are outside at dark night, this means that iceheart lightens your character so that it becomes visible, with nerien it will remain dark.

cNsHBec.jpg
    Options
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming it's not intended that only the 2H sword has the glow effect on it. We will be fixing this in a future incremental patch.

Thanks!
    Options
    Staff Post
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming it's not intended that only the 2H sword has the glow effect on it. We will be fixing this in a future incremental patch.

Thanks!

Thanks for your attention to this and replying. Not being sour here and I know this type of thing isn't your fault, you are the front lines for ZoS BUT this type of stuff continually happens and it's just highly frustrating that this stuff even occurs in the first place---[snip] Adding another thing to Nerien’eth arms pack spectacle here, not even the same item/product is shown in your videos/pics on Socia Media (see below). I don't need or want an answer to any of this because it really doesn't matter and I think you all are great people, but [snip] avoid these types of problems and also give team Zeni better use of their resources on other issues within the game instead of chasing their tails. Cosmetics, attention to detail, bugs, etc...all seem like issues with QA to me, it's surprising half of this stuff makes it through the gate in it's current state. [snip]

The advertised staff is the the Archmaster Ritestaff or the "Staff of the Lich" (unique style, only available if you use the lich armor set). What we actually get in the arms pack is completely different. B)
    118508508_10223447440991875_3617224082112932212_n.jpg?_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=Zh02bx0e9QsAX-aK8sh&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-4.fna&tp=7&oh=76f060c45678cacae8745e656833ccde&oe=5F6A8FD0

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 27, 2020 12:33PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • dasstig8990

Thanks!

Yes, thank you very much.
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference here is the 'glow' as in the particle effect, versus the 'glow' as in the ambient light cast.

Not all of the Monster sets cast an ambient light, but they all have a particle effect. Really, we've only seen a few with an ambient light as well, and most of those have been the flaming ones like Ilambris.

But if you look at the pics, you can see that the 2H sword is casting light, but the others aren't. Look at the ground - only the 2H pic shows a blue light under your character, but the other two don't.

I just took these with the preview, and you can see it well. The 2H sword is lighting up the whole area and you can see his face lit up. The other two just have the particle effect and that's it.
    ymOFOuJ.png

This is the best explanation of the issue, I totally get it now. Good news ZOS is adressing this because the light reflection is totally what sets the mood to this arms pack, beeing all lich-like.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »
    Fix this plz

I think this might be your graphics settings or video card drivers.. I previewed and it has plenty of glow FX on every item PC NA
    Even your sword image seems to have "low particle effects"..

sQNxl5p.jpg
    YMg7ghS.jpg
    idd3ujW.jpg
    OtcINp2.jpg
    ly24FsQ.jpg

Edited by sMuggle on August 26, 2020 11:30PM
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sMuggle wrote: »
    I think this might be your graphics settings or video card drivers.. I previewed and it has plenty of glow FX on every item PC NA

You do realize they are also talking about the GLOW, as in, LIGHT projecting from the weapons as well (easier to see in a dark environment). I can also concur that the issue you are referencing is happening at random where the effects do not show, and sometimes they do. I'm on a 2080ti with settings maxed, it's not dismissable as a silly graphics setting, it's yet another bug to add to the pile and those of us that paid for it expect it to work properly. Shouldn't be an issue in the first place really, but yeah, another topic.

As @tomofhyrule posted a pic, notice the far right image vs the other two:
    ymOFOuJ.png

🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    sMuggle wrote: »

You do realize they are also talking about the GLOW, as in, LIGHT projecting from the weapons as well (easier to see in a dark environment). I can also concur that the issue you are referencing is happening at random where the effects do not show, and sometimes they do. I'm on a 2080ti with settings maxed, it's not dismissable as a silly graphics setting, it's yet another bug to add to the pile and those of us that paid for it expect it to work properly. Shouldn't be an issue in the first place really, but yeah, another topic.

As @tomofhyrule posted a pic, notice the far right image vs the other two:

Did you know some graphics cards, drivers show weather, others do not? Same for particle effects, I have several PCs, gaming laptops side by side and each different configurations, hardware and all display the game differently.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 27, 2020 12:28PM
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks!

If this means that ambient light will be added to the other items, I am happy!
    Options
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    @sMuggle

Does this better illustrate the issue brought up by OP? I obviously did not swap my graphics card in between the pictures. Sword emits light, bow doesn't. Both should.
    11.png
    22.png

Anyhow, glad that it seems like the issue's going to be solved.
    Options
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Thank you @ZOS_SarahHecker for addressing this! i was really worried :s
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
    Options
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Thanks for your attention to this and replying. Not being sour here and I know this type of thing isn't your fault, you are the front lines for ZoS BUT this type of stuff continually happens and it's just highly frustrating that this stuff even occurs in the first place---is there not a proper QA testing simple things like this properly before you sell us something? Adding another thing to Nerien’eth arms pack spectacle here, not even the same item/product is shown in your videos/pics on Socia Media (see below). I don't need or want an answer to any of this because it really doesn't matter and I think you all are great people, but surely better QA would help avoid these types of problems and also give team Zeni better use of their resources on other issues within the game instead of chasing their tails. Cosmetics, attention to detail, bugs, etc...all seem like issues with QA to me, it's surprising half of this stuff makes it through the gate in it's current state. Might need to buff the QA team so it procs more often :p

The advertised staff is the the Archmaster Ritestaff or the "Staff of the Lich" (unique style, only available if you use the lich armor set). What we actually get in the arms pack is completely different. B)
    118508508_10223447440991875_3617224082112932212_n.jpg?_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=Zh02bx0e9QsAX-aK8sh&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-4.fna&tp=7&oh=76f060c45678cacae8745e656833ccde&oe=5F6A8FD0

I was hoping for the same but the staff we got is also not bad.

Maybe some das we will get the lich style..
    Options
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Can you make the staff into the lich staff like he's actually got in-game? That would be a lot more appealing.
    uwu
    Options
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish the effects on the two-handed sword went all the way up to the blade tip instead of only halfway.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    Options
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    For that sort of money it would be nice if there was an option to change the color of the effect.
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Great, thanks @ZOS_SarahHecker ! :)

Bought the Neri Pack and was disappointed that the light glow was only on the 2H weapon. The weapons look good, but i also do wish the particle effect on the 2H would also go all the way up to the tip of the weapon, instead of just under half way of the blade. I mean, look at Chokethorn arms pack 2H, now THAT is how you make a 2H effect (and the light glow to surrounding surfaces/character is perfect. Same on Iceheart style.

It (Chokethorn 2H sword) is the best looking 2H style so far. Please make the Neri 2H effect go all the way up like that also and same on other 2h weapon styles in future. <3

And yes, i actually bought more Crowns for this style (on top of my ESO+ crowns, that i had spent to other cool stuff lol), so hope the light glow effect gets fixed and not forgotten, will have to ask for a refund if not.

Yours truly, a demanding customer.. but a happily spending customer when things work as intended. You know, if you use the Iceheart & Chokethorn styles lighting pattern & glow effect (great effect, in 2h goes all the way up to the tip of the weapon) you get my money. WOULD have bought Balorgh style too if it was like that, but since was not, did not buy it. Just saying. Would had been a perfect Sith Lord weapon. Lost opportunity to more sales for sure. ;)
    Options
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »

Thanks!

Can you make the staff into the lich staff like he's actually got in-game? That would be a lot more appealing.

I would prefer them to actually release the lich style with others like hircine that way bot staff would be in game
    Options
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of this set, can anyone who bought it confirm that the staff in resto staff idle not reaching the ground is not just an issue with the crown store preview?
    Options
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »
    Speaking of this set, can anyone who bought it confirm that the staff in resto staff idle not reaching the ground is not just an issue with the crown store preview?

@MopeyHat No, it does not indeed reach the ground and it looks kinda silly on the back too, way too high up for my liking.

Edit for pictures.

111.png
    222.png
    Edited by supersonic_kitten on August 27, 2020 5:15PM
    Options