The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

trials unplayable

• MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much attention drawn to this issue. If most people dont pvp and most people dont raid. What the hell do most people do on this game?!
  • EDS604
    EDS604
    ✭✭✭
    not much? none at all, emergency maintenance should have been done on launch day alrdy imo.
    PC EU, Guildleader of "Death By Gargoyle".
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Buggy / laggy trials is nothing new on PS4. Nothing ever gets fixed to such extend that you can comfortably play. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 27, 2020 1:31PM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Judgedread101071
    Judgedread101071
    ✭✭✭
    And yet, only a couple of posts about how bad the game is performing right now!!
    Is everyone in this game just roleplaying???
    How the hell is this garbage of server performance acceptable?
    Edited by Judgedread101071 on August 27, 2020 9:01AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if NA has the same issues?
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entire game now broken.

Welcome to the club then, my Xbox EU account has been completely stuck for 17 and half months now so I consider it entirely broken, at least my NA account isn't entirely broken yet since I'm able to login for now.

ah you are that guy! i actually wondered what happened to your account after all these months. i still dont understand how an account gets stuck for 2 years.
  • EDS604
    EDS604
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any news on this issue? Basically no end-game content playable Q.Q
    PC EU, Guildleader of "Death By Gargoyle".
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how to get aknowledgement to these issues.

*ahem*

This patch is great, me and my guildies got ‘Godslayer’ title last night because the bosses weren’t even summoning adds, and when they did the adds were just spinning around in circles and didn’t attack.
    Statues just walked so slowly over to the OT we could just burn the boss before they did anything. We didn’t even have to fight the eternal servant, she spawned top but didn’t cast any spells. It was great.

Thanks ZOS.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Hey Folks,

Thanks for the reports and we are investigating these performance issues.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re welcome all.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if NA has the same issues?

Can confirm that NA is experiencing these issues. VSS, VAS, VCR, all of them you have to go "fishing" for a good instance, constantly reseting until you get lucky with a good one.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone mention yet if this is happening on PC/EU or PC/NA or both? Is this issue only occurring in vet instances of trials?

From the patch notes, Trials instances were spread out over the servers (presumably still within each megaserver) to try balance load and performance better, so that if a lot of people were doing the weekly trial (or a specific new trial or event-related trial or say doing KA to get the new weekly reward motif page), then performance issues should not affect EVERYONE. That said, with things spread out, it seems more likely that SOME groups may see performance problems SOME of the time, especially if there is a dodgy node in the megaserver somewhere.
    Interestingly, one of my PC/EU groups ran a normal HoF trial on Wednesday and it was fine. (I'm playing from Canada so some lag is normal for me).
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials, Cyrodill, BGs all unplayable... :-/ how does every performance patch make performance worse
  • HH_Odin
    HH_Odin
    Our teams are experiencing heavy de-sync as well.

Patch Day 1: vSS HM- Mobs, especially 4 leg cats, would spin around in circles taking ages for them to actually get into group. Tombs taking 2 seconds (out of 6-7) to activate. People being freed from Tombs, then the tomb explodes anyways after the player is walking back to group.

Patch Day 2: vHoF HM- Committee heavy attacks heavily de-synced. Tanks dying to heavy even when roll dodging the attack; We eventually learned the timing enough to get past it but it resulted in having to roll dodge essentially after the heavy went off. Assembly General HM - Add spawns, taunting them from 1 side to the other would take so long that taunts would wear off before they even made it to the other side due to spinning around, walking back and forth, ect.

Patch Day 3: vHRC HM - The Warriors stone effect worked fine, problem was the shield throw. The shield would go out and break the stone in a timely manner but the damage would follow approximately 2 seconds behind the shatter. This would cause it so that people would get freed, and then instantly die to the same throw before they had a chance to gain control of their character. If people moved away from the shield, but stepped back into group too quickly they would also die, even though the animation of throwing the shield was done.

Mostly De-syncing issues across the board. Always seemed to be worse right around the 1 hour into the instance mark.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re welcome all.

This was so beautiful, my eyes started watering.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is aware of the issues. Give them time to investigate and fix!
    In the meantime, work on some overland content! :smile:
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenLake wrote: »
    ZOS is aware of the issues. Give them time to investigate and fix!
    In the meantime, work on some overland content! :smile:

AOE cooldowns in raids confirmed
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much attention drawn to this issue. If most people dont pvp and most people dont raid. What the hell do most people do on this game?!

I like to pick flowers for my house
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Thanks for the reports and we are investigating these performance issues.

Have seen these issues in the newer dungeons as well. The first two days after this patch release, all in our party had 5-6 seconds delays on all of our actions, and adds/bosses were rubberbanding all over the place.
  • teabelly
    teabelly
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU

We tried a run of vHRC last night, we had to reset after the first mob on the stairs as the NPC's couldn't decide if to follow us or not. It was 2 steps forward, 1 step back. everyone had lg 300+ pings so we left reset the trial.

The lag continued but we fought our way to the last boss & then tried HM. the statues were smashed but HM didnt happen.

• hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    Just tried vSS (PC EU). We quit 3 times after the first trash pack and reset. Unplayable.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Server Optimization & Stability
      • Through optimizations to database workers, the game’s access to the database has been refined to ensure the system does not become overloaded when part of it generates a large amount of traffic or messages for a particular task. The optimizations ensure that there are enough database workers focused on the highest-priority critical game functions.
      • The player character loading process is now multi-threaded on the server to improve performance. The preparation of player data is handled asynchronously so as not to adversely affect other region operations.
      • Server performance has been improved in one of the least performant cases by distributing Trials more evenly across the system. This should ensure better overall performance in Trials, reducing the likelihood of getting a “bad instance” where enemies behave abnormally and latency is higher than normal.
    It's so nice that they fixed these random bad instances. Now, instead of randomly getting a bad instance and having to reset over and over to get a good one... all instances are terrible. Problem solved. \o/
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    PC/NA Couldn't even clear Nahvi yesterday because the whole group kept exploding behind the statue. Tombs and circles are screwy and unreliable on Lokke HM.

Cloudrest there are baneful desyncs, heavy desyncs, cone desyncs, people exploding downstairs, the list goes on...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I decided to take care of some surveys. I was rubberbanded backwards several times. I usually fight any overland bosses in my path as I do these and last night it was much more difficult than usual. Skills not going off, bars not switching and all that fun stuff.
    The worst one was Xal Thak. I like starting boss fights by dropping my ultimate. I ran to the top of the stairs hit my buffs and just as I hit my ultimate I teleported back to the bottom of the stairs where the ultimate went off.
    A few times I would have to try and harvest the same goodie two or three times before I finally was able to get it. I live in a rural area and thought maybe I was having internet problems as usually things go smooth for me in game. Now I'm guessing maybe something else was going on?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA

Tried VCR+1 at approximately 6:00pm PST. The trial was mostly unplayable for me and completely unplayable for others in group. Could not LA weave at all and the delay was so bad I would die to things I didn't even see (invisible hoarfrost). Also would go through my rotation and my character would just sit there. A few seconds later all of those animations would show. Makes it impossible to DPS.

This is a group of people who have all cleared the content multiple time so we called it after a 3rd failed pull because it was obvious the game wasn't working.

This story is getting pretty old. ZOS promises performance improvements yet at each turn the game seems worse. The level of incompetence is staggering. How much time do you guys need to make a stable game? A few more years?
    Edited by montiferus on August 27, 2020 5:22PM
  • alsonotan0rc
    alsonotan0rc
    ✭✭✭
    I tanked (part of) a vSS last night on NA and saw these same issues.

In add waves, my co-tank reported having to taunt repeatedly to get a taunt to stick. The four-legged cats were acting weird, popping up into the air and swinging around wildly. (But what's new there?)

The new problems I observed were mostly at bosses.
    On the first boss, combat events (like getting the frost atros into the lightning puddles) were desynced by up to several seconds with the resulting damage, and people would die several seconds after allegedly taking the damage that killed them. Several dps were killed by the frontal cone attack that wasn't facing them (and the mob hadn't been facing them for 30 seconds plus). Sometimes the frost atronachs would take no damage from being dragged through the lightning puddles at all.

On the second boss, my co-tank reported on the first pull that the boss was failing to use his bite attack. The iron atronachs were behaving so erratically that we had to give up. I taunted one more than ten times, literally, and I stopped counting after 10 - before I got a taunt to stick, and they rubberbanded between their spawn location and my location repeatedly. They would also pirouette for no reason and spray lava over the group. They took no apparent damage during the flight phase, enraged, and murdered me. After I was resurrected, I couldn't seem to interact with them at all. The flame atronachs wouldn't move for nearly 2 seconds after being chained in, and then would subsequently teleport between their original location and their chained location. We gave up after maybe four attempts.

I know the update was supposed to reduce the occurrence of broken instances, but I have never seen a more broken instance. My group laughed a lot, so it wasn't all bad. But I'd really like to raid without Madness Mode.
  • jonathanb16_ESO
    jonathanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All my raids got canceld after at maximum 2 resets beacuse it was so bad and you don't find working instances. Dungens, too.
    Edited by jonathanb16_ESO on August 27, 2020 5:38PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And yet, only a couple of posts about how bad the game is performing right now!!
    Is everyone in this game just roleplaying???
    How the hell is this garbage of server performance acceptable?

Pretty much. That or buying reskinned mounts.

Pick flowers, chase butterflies, stare at the scenery and RP that they actually live in the game world.
  • MagiiC_One
    MagiiC_One
    ✭✭✭
    good Job with performance patch (AGAIN)
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe I actually pay for ESO+ just to get disappointed all the time and wasting my evening to fish for a somewhat okay instance.

VCR again; unplayable - Everything is delayed (3-5 seconds), no animations for some of the mechanics, but still getting the damage. Big yikes and once again big Disappointment.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!