The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

single bar vs two bar tank?

Cryptor
Cryptor
✭✭✭
I am a little confused about all the different tank builds out there. My main atm is a Warden. I found this guide https://alcasthq.com/eso-warden-tank-build-pve/ and started trying to follow it. I changed my race to Nord and the general consent seems to be that this is the best race for a tank & I started to work on the skills listed (I don't have all of these skills lvled up atm). But what I am confused with is the setup of two bars that I see on most builds.

Are the two bars always based on weapon? I was thinking of making bar 1 buffs (LB RB) and damage (X Y aggo, B range) and bar 2 heals so I switch to bar 2 on long fights to stay alive.
Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, your choice of race is much less important than getting the mechanics of tanking down. Do not worry about race.

What we put on bar 1 is what will we access most and what is most important. Bar 1 is where we will be most of the time. Bar 2 are the longer buffs and skills we will use less often.

And example, on my front bar I have the S&B taunt. It is my primary taunt because it offers great debuffs for the group. I also have Igneious shield on that bar because I use it often. I also have my personal heal on bar 1 since I am usually there and when I need it I need it.

On my back bar I have the inner rage taunt. This allows me to have a taunt on both bars becasuse they are my most important skills, but also I use thsi taunt less because it is used only for range or if I happen to be out of stam which is unlikley. I also have my armor buff on this back bar because it is a long duration buff.

Obviously I have more than those five skills. I was just trying to paint a picture of the priorities and why I have these skilsl where I have them.

Edit: I expect Alcasts bar setup in the builds he posts are similar. Alcasts builds are a good starting reference but they are not the bible. You will have to figure out what works best for you. I think Alcast would generally agree with this statement.
    Edited by idk on August 24, 2020 5:23PM
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    thank you!
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile