Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Shade attacks innocents

Oingloin
Oingloin
Soul Shriven
The "new" dark shade attacks innocents sometimes. (prevent attacking innocents is activated). Please fix this bug.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @Oingloin where did you experience this? (What zone and area?) And what types of innocents did your Dark Shade attack? The NPC names or at least location would be helpful.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • parietic
    parietic
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this is happening to me too.
    https://youtu.be/KQ-K-hhteRY

This was in Rimmen in Northern Elsweyr, the npc was next to the shrine and her name is Sharrasti.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you for the video @parietic! It's super helpful and we're investigating. @Oingloin could you let us know if you experienced this issue in the same area, or somewhere else?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Oingloin
    Oingloin
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the video @parietic! It's super helpful and we're investigating. @Oingloin could you let us know if you experienced this issue in the same area, or somewhere else?

Craglorn (Belkarth): guards, Zibaran, Khudriran. Seems like it works on all npcs if you try long enough.
  • Oingloin
    Oingloin
    Soul Shriven
    Oingloin wrote: »

Craglorn (Belkarth): guards, Zibaran, Khudriran. Seems like it works on all npcs if you try long enough.

Also works in elden root and mournhold
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is not a new bug, just an extension of a previous issue now that it can also be used without an enemy target. With attack innocents off, the Archer shade still attacked when summoned if you happened to be targeting an NPC in that moment.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • parietic
    parietic
    ✭✭
    I don't think this is not a new bug, just an extension of a previous issue now that it can also be used without an enemy target. With attack innocents off, the Archer shade still attacked when summoned if you happened to be targeting an NPC in that moment.

The problem is that even though I have prevent attacking innocents on the shade will still attack npc's from time to time.
    If the shade attacked npc's when you had prevent attacking innocents off like you explained, I do not think that could be considered a bug.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a toggle that lets our pets attack bystanders that always repeat the same dialogue over and over. They are not innocent.
  • parietic
    parietic
    ✭✭
    I would like a toggle that lets our pets attack bystanders that always repeat the same dialogue over and over. They are not innocent.

Can you believe it, dragons, in your own homeland!
    Not going to lie some separate setting for these pesky npcs would be amazing.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parietic wrote: »

The problem is that even though I have prevent attacking innocents on the shade will still attack npc's from time to time.
    If the shade attacked npc's when you had prevent attacking innocents off like you explained, I do not think that could be considered a bug.
    They should not attack friendly or neutral npc unless they turned hostile. Say you use an disguise in an quest and npc is yellow.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

His reply needs changing to "what in the name of Oblivion do you expect me to do about it i'm a farmer you s'wit"
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I mean. Attacking innocents off, as in not being able to attack them. I often had to look at the floor just to make sure I wasn't targeting an NPC in the Mournhlold bank sometimes just in case.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't new, last patch i was being attacked by guards on Vvardenfell (around the crafting stations areas) constantly because of shadow image.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, all. We now have a bug in for this and the team is investigating.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta admit, that video not only perfectly demonstrates the issue, but is also quite hilarious. :sweat_smile:
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    NPC's flame-throwing ability would be nice for us too.
    Master Angler
  • parietic
    parietic
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, all. We now have a bug in for this and the team is investigating.

Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , I did some more testing and found a way to reliably reproduce the bug.

Step 1 - Make sure you have `prevent attacking innocents enabled`
    Step 2 - Begin a heavy attack while looking away from an npc
    Step 3 - Look at an npc
    Step 4 - Fire the heavy attack
    Step 5 - The next shade you spawn will attack the npc's

Video demo:
    https://youtu.be/rVn0Z7eKTMU

Hope that helps and this bug can get fixed soon, thanks.
    Edited by parietic on August 25, 2020 6:04PM
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    This isn't new, last patch i was being attacked by guards on Vvardenfell (around the crafting stations areas) constantly because of shadow image.

Yeah, the shadow image thing has been around for a ages now and it's annoying af.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I add that other pets, like Clannfear, also attack innocents too if you press the command button for pet to attack? This also happens while the Prevent Attacking Innocents option is enabled. Is this intentional?
  • AelonRhiadra
    AelonRhiadra
    ✭✭

"Do you know how long I've been looking for you?"

That one i would definately be setting my shade on
    Khajiit wasn't stealing. She was merely moving the shinies to a place where they were more valuable
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are not so innocent after all? SPIES!
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -delete-
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 28, 2020 2:29AM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bottom line: don't summon shadows. they're *evil*
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had no issues with summoning my shade in populated areas, and I don't use the prevent attacking innocents option.

What I'm seeing a lot of on here is people intentionally or accidentally attacking NPCs and getting upset when the shade engages.

One easy solution for this issue is to make sure you aren't targeting any NPCs, attacking them directly, or engaging in combat near them, and the shade should no give you any issues.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!