Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Burning Spellweave change

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
Unfortunately I don't have space for the PTS at this time. So my question is, Burning Spellweave reads as though it auto-proc's "burning" when flame damage is dealt, thus giving you an increase in Spell damage. HOWEVER, if the target is immune to the burning proc, either via Dunmer passive or a fire resist glyph, shouldn't that spell damage not be given because "burning, never actually procs"?
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Applying the Burning status effect is just another benefit of the set. That burning status effect actually stacks with the regular burning status effect so you can double stack it on a target. This is very useful on magDK's who have enhanced burning status effects, but you still get the spell damage even when targeting a dunmer.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Applying the Burning status effect is just another benefit of the set. That burning status effect actually stacks with the regular burning status effect so you can double stack it on a target. This is very useful on magDK's who have enhanced burning status effects, but you still get the spell damage even when targeting a dunmer.

"The burning status effect stacks with the "regular burning status effect"..." that isn't confusing at all...I wonder if any other sets or abilities work this way?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • MiguZ
    MiguZ
    ✭✭✭
    "Burning Spellweave reads as though it auto-proc's "burning" when flame damage is dealt, thus giving you an increase in Spell damage."

False. What it actually says is: "When you deal damage with a flame ability, you apply the burning status effect to the enemy and increase you spell damage by 490 for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds."

Doing damage with a flame ability is the trigger for both effects, and the burning has nothing to do with the spell damage.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this specific burning proc actually still works on Dunmer because it's a different status effect than the normal burning status effect.

Confusing but yeah, they're different.

Also, the set is still weak compared to other sets in PvE, in PvP it's still just as well, not great, but usable as it was.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭

I have BSW and have never been able to make them stack. The BSW proc just refresh any ongoing burning DoT
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this change in general? Thinking of changing to this set for my magplar. Can proc it with Sun Fire or Flame Staff. Thoughts?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    How is this change in general? Thinking of changing to this set for my magplar. Can proc it with Sun Fire or Flame Staff. Thoughts?

Yes, I mean it is what it is, you get the spell damage for 8 seconds, 4 seconds downtime.

Definetly not a bad option.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have BSW and have never been able to make them stack. The BSW proc just refresh any ongoing burning DoT

My experience is just the opposite. BSW has a separate burning that stacks with regular burning status effect. And I know other people that has replicated this too.
    EU PC
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

My experience is just the opposite. BSW has a separate burning that stacks with regular burning status effect. And I know other people that has replicated this too.

This, the burning from bsw is special and different then the usual burning, has different icon too, can be stacked with the usual burning effect.
    Edited by zvavi on August 21, 2020 10:21AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Vildebill wrote: »

This, the burning from bsw is special and different then the usual burning, has different icon too, can be stacked with the usual burning effect.

Even has a fun bug where the icon doesn't go away even after the effect has worn off so you get this long line of Burning status effects with 0 seconds on the target. In PVP you can tell someone is using the set against you because you'll have it showing on your character page :p
    Edited by Vevvev on August 22, 2020 6:25PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK