The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

🚨BATTLEGROUNDS REWORK🚨

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With respect to 2 vs 3 team PvP:

I'm pretty sure the whole 3-team concept comes from Dark Age of Camelot, which supposedly had amazing PvP. The claim from people who advocated for 3 team PvP was that it resulted in more balanced matches because the two losing teams would gang up on the winning team.

Personally, I'm not convinced it actually plays out like that very often. More often than not, what I see is the losing teams basically fighting amongst themselves while the winning team takes advantage by either focusing on the objective or killing off their weakened/distracted opponents.
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the whole 3-team concept comes from Dark Age of Camelot, which supposedly had amazing PvP. The claim from people who advocated for 3 team PvP was that it resulted in more balanced matches because the two losing teams would gang up on the winning team.

Personally, I'm not convinced it actually plays out like that very often. More often than not, what I see is the losing teams basically fighting amongst themselves while the winning team takes advantage by either focusing on the objective or killing off their weakened/distracted opponents.

Ye I wonder if Dark Age of Camelot had same reward system. I could see the losing teams gang up if only the winning team got the daily win reward. But when top 2 teams get the reward it just ends up with second and third team fighting each other for second place because it is easier.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I played DAoC, and the Cyrodiil concept was probably taken from DAoC as it's the very close to the three realm pvp system. The only, difference is that ESO has one pvp zone, while in DAoC each realm had it's own pvp enabled zone. There was also darkness falls which could be compared to Imperial City.

DAoC got large scale pvp "right", so it was a good concept to draw from. They should have looked at games that got instanced pvp right when it came time to implement that (WoW, Rift), but unfortunately we ended up with 4v4v4.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two team objective modes may work, but i doubt two team deathmatch would work. It would probably be very one-sided, every match.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be a group voting system to dissolve a group, if a group has less than 4 players, or something to extend the search time and especially it should be taken into account if a group has only one player!
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be no cp, no teams, no MMR, no groups, just a 12 man free-for-all...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on August 21, 2020 2:31AM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."