The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get more physical and magical resistance ?

Magicwillow
Hi there, just reached lvl 50 and 160 cp and started to gear a little.
Im in full deadly strike set with purple quality, 2 pieces of selene heavy head and light shoulder. Agility set for the jewels on purple too. Stamina enchants everywhere and the armor is full impenetrable. The weapon is legendary two handed sword of the new moon and the bow is bg reward purple.
In BG for the damage im ok, i can do quite good damage and kill someone very fast but when they turn and start to attack me i get killed in 1.5 seconds.

I have 12871 magical resistance
10321 physical resistance and 3190 critical resistance.
im templar when i use restoring focus i have 20791 magical resistance and 18151 physical resistance.

How could i improve it so i no longer get insta kill in BG ? since CP dosnt work on BG. I dont have enought money to upgrade my gear to gold yet.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

There are not a thousand sources of resistance:
    - sets
    - armor traits
    - Mundus stone
    - passives skills
    - CP (which don't apply in BG)

I doubt your theorical 3190 crit resist do apply in BG. From sets you should be in 1500-1750, max.
    Stam enchants everywhere may not be your smartest idea, you may go Health or tri-stat in PvP. You do need at least 18k health (food included) to avoid instakill in BG, and I'd suggest being in the 20k.

This may help: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:EsoBuildEditor

You may either:
    - drop Agility set for a 5-piece set matching Jewelry AND weapons.
    - drop Selenes set for a more defensive set
    - drop deadly strike for a more defensive set
    - change Mundus ?
    Ofc you may keep 1 or 2 of your current sets, but the 3 together make you glasscannon without proper defense.

ie. basic set combination that is still nice: Hunding's rage (crafted), Briarheart (Orsinium), Bloodspawn (Spindleclutch 2)

You may search here: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

You may also consider your playstyle, you need constant self-healing, moving, use roll-dodge, block, etc. ("don't be a potato").
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be sure and keep up Major Resolve at all times, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. Wear a defensive set such as

Mark of the Pariah
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (5 items) Increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by up to 11094 based on your missing Health.

Eternal Vigor
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 1407 Maximum Health, Adds 337 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%. Adds 1011 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

Have one Offensive set and one defensive set. Be sure to keep your heals up or available on your main bar to use until you become comfortable then you can use them on the back bar.

Be safe and have fun :)
    Options
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If u don't fear constant barswapping armor Master backbar is a good choice to get ur resistance near 30k even with medium armor on your frontbar with nord race.
    Or you go orc and choose lover Mundus with 2 pieces of divine. Endresults is literally the same.
    Only thing is to choose between more Ult regen or higher sprint speed.

U also have major evasion which is very powerful against a lot of aoe proc builds u face these days in every bg match.
    Options
  • Magicwillow
    How many hp, physical and magical and critical resist you guys suggest so im no longer getting killed in one sec ? i have fair chance in BG?
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 8 people focus u, u will drop like a fly anyway. Precast your heal over times, position yourself better, and when u see more than one person turn on u gtfo
    Options