The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banned for no reason?? Please help :(

jbouff27
jbouff27
Hello, I had to use my secondary account to post here (never signed up for forums on my main). I'm not sure why I am unable to login, even on the website it states that my account has been suspended!! I have been a dedicated player since near-launch, and I haven't even received an email explaining why I've been suspended.. I have been checking my email multiple times a day for an update on my ticket (#200730-005857) for almost 3 weeks now and I have yet to even have an update on my account. My friends and guildmates have said I should've received an email by now...Some people have told me that sending/receiving large amounts of gold can lead to this error. I'm literally in an auction guild where we don't even COD items and just send based off of trust, even in large amount. I also participate in, and have won numerous guild raffles/events where the reward is a hefty amount of gold... I have made sure to do my part and donate to these guilds to help pay for trader fees, usually about 10% from each sale.

I've already have had a hard enough time dealing with the effects of being diagnosed with covid and being out of work since mid-march. ESO has been my safehaven ESPECIALLY over these last few months as I've not only lost my business, but people close to me... I would NEVER do anything to put my account in any sort of jeopardy, but I do understand that these things may happen occasionally due to the auto-ban system.... I really don't know what to think except for that fact I have been at a complete loss & emotionally distressed since this occurred on 7/28. I have put hundreds if not thousands of hours into this game, I have been a consistent ESO Plus member and have purchased Crown Packs... I feel this has been unceremoniously ripped away from me, and I have had such a sick feeling in my heart and stomach, not knowing what's going on, what the outcome will be, or even why this happened!! I miss my guildies, my friends, and the entire world of Tamriel (what I would give to hear "do you know how long I've been looking for you?" again from orc DLC...)

ESO has helped save me from some very dark times in my life, and I fear the longer I am unable to escape the cruel world of today, the more depressed and anxiety I get... I have had a hard time eating & sleeping to the point when I do sleep, I literally have dreams of losing all of my toons (15 max level) or just coming back to an empty world. I am seeking professional help (not because of this), and even my counselor has agreed that this game is GOOD for me to maintain a social aspect in my life since I haven't been able to even leave my house in over 4 months. I have made sure to review the ToS and EULA throughout this time (MULTIPLE TIMES) to ensure that I didn't and NEVER WILL break any of the terms. As always, I understand and agree with these terms... This is the only game I play, and I haven't even touched by PS4 besides to check if I've been unbanned...I don't know how else to stress that I genuinely feel this ban has been a mistake, and sincerely hope that I can have this issue escalated and addressed as soon as possible.

@ZOS_BillE - I have been told to tag you...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me get this sorted out...Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from someone soon:(
Edited by ZOS_Mika on August 12, 2020 6:43PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moving large amounts of gold may tag you as a gold seller; I'm not sure if that's automated, but you should have had some notice...

No email at all from the time of suspension? What about your account on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/, is there any notification or feedback there? Have you checked your junk box? Could it be a Sony thing (any loss of access to other online games)?

Edited by mairwen85 on August 12, 2020 8:15AM
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    @mairwen85 Trust me when I say, I have relentlessly been checking my email if not every couple hours, every hour...I have gone through my spam, social, promotions, even emails not tied to my ESO account. There was absolutely no notice. I really don't play any other games besides WWE 2K19 (sometimes) and there wouldn't be much of a way to lose access to that.

The only emails that may have something to do with this were from SONY & Steam that I received on July 13, about my information being changed, with my Steam being accessed from a new device (which I did not do, as I don't even own a single game on Steam, nor use it) I then had to contact both companies to have it resolved since I was locked out of my accounts. I did send screenshots of the emails to Bethesda/ZOS, but IDK how it would have anything to do with getting perma-banned 15 days later... I unfortunately cannot sign-in to my ESO account through the website, as when I enter my credentials, the notice "This Account has been Suspended from the site" pops up.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replies can take a while due to covid. It was slow with support before but it's far worse now.if you get an automated email reply back to it ONCE then wait.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    @jircris11 Thank you for the heads up :) Bethesda's Twitter support has been helpful by at least responding when I ask for an update, however it hasn't changed other than "Your ticket is with the right team and they will be with you as soon as possible." I appreciate all of the responses & help I've received from them, and do understand they are under a heavy workload due to the circumstances... I don't really like to be a bother and continue to bug them over this, it just stinks being on this end of it.

My ESO Plus subscription just renewed for the month about a week prior, the whole situation is confusing and disheartening...Especially with missing the crown sale & vampire mansion going up for sale...I have faith that it will be resolved & reinstated, it's just the process of going through it that can be a drag at times...My wife's account is fine, but she even is kinda losing the urge to play since we always play together... I just tell her to have fun and work on her DPS ;P (coming from a tank) LOL
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    Come to think of it, I think the line "do you know how long I've been looking for you?" from the orc dlc was patched out...Let me go with, "Dragons?! In your own homeland?" line...yeah, to hear that again lol...Sometimes we don't know how lucky we are XD *shrugs*
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbouff27 wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I think the line "do you know how long I've been looking for you?" from the orc dlc was patched out...Let me go with, "Dragons?! In your own homeland?" line...yeah, to hear that again lol...Sometimes we don't know how lucky we are XD *shrugs*

I can confirm, that orc hag is still looking for you.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you are going through this. I really hate dealing with ZOS support myself. It feels like they just don't care any more : / I hope it gets sorted quickly.
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    richo262 wrote: »

Hahaha! I couldn't remember for sure...Thank you for confirming!
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    Sorry you are going through this. I really hate dealing with ZOS support myself. It feels like they just don't care any more : / I hope it gets sorted quickly.

Thank you, I hope so too!
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible that your account was banned considering the therapeutic value the game has for you.
    I hope ZOS will look into this and you get your account back.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    it's very rare that anyone is banned by mistake, but it does happen, there is a process to go through before that step is taken. what is the original forum name?

hope you get it straightened out, GL!
    Edited by Cryptor on August 12, 2020 5:14PM
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS seriously needs to overhaul their customer support and include it into their road to performance.

Lately I have seen too many people having issues. The current system is not simply efficient and can be improved.

@jbouff27 I hope this gets sorted out soon for you.

This person needs help with their account, could someone please look into this matter. Thank you

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on August 12, 2020 6:11PM
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I feel for you coming from a person that has health issues and games ccan be of an enormous help I was not able to play properly for 1,5 days, I sincerely hope you will be able to get account back or create a new one at leat, but i can fully comprehen dthe sever eemotional distress,pain and just thinking about it I've lost MMO account from 5 years and I am struggling too,, Thank you for putting it all I believe you, life is c ruel really

in worst case scenrario you can always return to game but that loss is irreperable ...

Devs at least have same respect and reply to man and look through his account, This is a devastating blow 15 characeters all that time devotion enegy and happiness just diminished,

ZOS you better do something about this or Karma shall retaliate to thee

I am with you, OP I hope firstly that you conquer Covid and you get better, It must have been some mistake here
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    My ESO Plus subscription just renewed for the month about a week prior, the whole situation is confusing and disheartening...Especially with missing the crown sale & vampire mansion going up for sale...

Well if you had the money to throw at a digital mansion then I guess life can't be all that bad for you.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    online games must be making a killing off of covid...
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

orc hag! I just busted out laughing!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jbouff27

I have sent you a private message with an update on your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Terrible that your account was banned considering the therapeutic value the game has for you.
    I hope ZOS will look into this and you get your account back.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It wasn’t the best thing to find out, but things could always be worse... thank you for your comment
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    Cryptor wrote: »
    it's very rare that anyone is banned by mistake, but it does happen, there is a process to go through before that step is taken. what is the original forum name?

hope you get it straightened out, GL!

I think the only step to take was filling out a ticket. I didn’t realize by continuing to send emails, I’d only reset myself in the queue. This is technically the original forum post. Thank you for your input, hoping it gets straightened out too
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    ZOS seriously needs to overhaul their customer support and include it into their road to performance.

Lately I have seen too many people having issues. The current system is not simply efficient and can be improved.

@jbouff27 I hope this gets sorted out soon for you.

This person needs help with their account, could someone please look into this matter. Thank you

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thank you, I’m hoping it can be sorted out soon as well. I have seen a few posts where others have had the same thing happen, not sure of their circumstances but had a positive outcome
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    Vanya wrote: »
    Wow I feel for you coming from a person that has health issues and games ccan be of an enormous help I was not able to play properly for 1,5 days, I sincerely hope you will be able to get account back or create a new one at leat, but i can fully comprehen dthe sever eemotional distress,pain and just thinking about it I've lost MMO account from 5 years and I am struggling too,, Thank you for putting it all I believe you, life is c ruel really

in worst case scenrario you can always return to game but that loss is irreperable ...

Devs at least have same respect and reply to man and look through his account, This is a devastating blow 15 characeters all that time devotion enegy and happiness just diminished,

ZOS you better do something about this or Karma shall retaliate to thee

I am with you, OP I hope firstly that you conquer Covid and you get better, It must have been some mistake here

It certainly isn’t fun...it’s nice to meet others in the community who can offer such sincere insight into this. I’m sorry to hear about your account as well:(

I did try to create another account to play, however I could only make it to level 7 and it honestly cause more pain and sadness than anything coming from a near 600cp account with so many extras... worst part about is my mother just bought me the Moongrave Fane morif and the Lucky Cat Landing house for my b-day a month prior...

I also wasn’t sure if playing on a secondary account while my main was suspended would cause any issues. I haven’t played in almost 3 weeks, just trying to stay positive and be productive in the meantime... good news is my house has never been so detailed and clean, so I guess some good came from this lol... also have been covid-negative since June 9th, but it is astounding to me how you still experience weird things afterward...

Thank you again for being so insightful and being in my corner :)
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    Inyhel wrote: »
    My ESO Plus subscription just renewed for the month about a week prior, the whole situation is confusing and disheartening...Especially with missing the crown sale & vampire mansion going up for sale...

Well if you had the money to throw at a digital mansion then I guess life can't be all that bad for you.

Just some savings my friend, nothing too abundant.
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    **Update** (kind of) my account is still suspended at this time, and no other information besides still being in the queue has been provided. It is nearly 20 days since my original ticket...holding out for some good news before the weekend, I really miss this game!! I had just spent nearly $250 on two Greymoor upgrades (wife's/my account), couple months of ESO Plus, and Crowns about a month prior to this happening...It sucks not being able to have access to stuff I've spent so much time and money on...please provide an update and help me get this resolved @ZOS_BillE :(
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point you are paying for a service that isn't provided to you and with no way to defend yourself because of the long response times. I really hope your issue gets fixed. Many others took weeks for an answer, just to "confirm" that the ticket is in the right place without an answer to the actual problem...
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    At this point you are paying for a service that isn't provided to you and with no way to defend yourself because of the long response times. I really hope your issue gets fixed. Many others took weeks for an answer, just to "confirm" that the ticket is in the right place without an answer to the actual problem...

Geez...it’s so crazy because on some of the worst days, I’ve often thought to myself “at least I have ESO to come back to...” feeling like I would always have it.

At this point, all I can only hope my patience and persistence prevails and this issue is resolved and never happens again. It has been all good experiences besides this, so that is why I’m hopeful besides the fact I’ve done nothing to deserve this.

It would be nice to be reimbursed for the missed ESO plus time, but I’d just be grateful to get my account back...
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    I had my secondary account suspended 10 days ago. Still not a word. I’m sorry this happened to your main. The customer service when it comes to account suspensions is appalling and I hope you are able to find resolution soon.

It feels like support is quicker to get people their free cosmetic pets that help with real account issues.
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    I had my secondary account suspended 10 days ago. Still not a word. I’m sorry this happened to your main. The customer service when it comes to account suspensions is appalling and I hope you are able to find resolution soon.

It feels like support is quicker to get people their free cosmetic pets that help with real account issues.

Geez, that sucks. I’m sorry to hear that happened to you as well. It’s day 20 for me, but I’m not sure if tickets are addressed on weekends... I hope to be back online this week. I haven’t had to contact support much until now, so most of this has been a new experience. All I can do is have patience and try to keep myself in as positive as a headspace as possible. It has been tough. So much time and money spent, with still so much left to do in the game.

When I played another mmo years ago, I’ve heard that they used to get up to 10,000 tickets a day, not sure how accurate that is, but it makes sense why it’s taking so long especially with Covid now being a thing. Hang in there and hopefully we’ll be back in Tamriel soon.
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    @ZOS_BillE can I please have an update? I have been struggling pretty bad with this... 23 days now and the anxiety caused by this has rattled me to a point where all I do is spend time on the forums/Twitter trying to find an answer on what could have possibly caused this. I would do anything to be back in this game. I have always played my role with sincerity as role-playing is a big part of this game for me. I have never glitched, hacked, exploited, or been offensive to other players. To have this happen has shaken me to my core, and I fear what the outcome of this will even be, not knowing what caused this in the first place.

I received a message on PSN today that I have been kicked from one of the top trading guilds in the game for not paying dues (I just deposited 60k in their guild bank for 4 weeks a couple days before this happened) I am beyond distraught, please in some form or fashion I beg that this ticket can be escalated and resolved soon. I have lost so much since March 16th and ESO has always been there for me to help me cope and recover from real world circumstances. I am genuinely concerned about my health as I have even started seeing my counselor an additional time per week to help me constructively get through this. It has an an additional effect on me because I have not been able to leave my house for 6 months, and I find myself just wanting to sleep this away until it’s resolved. I’m sorry for so much, but the importance behind this getting resolved is substantial to my mental health. I am a highly empathetic person, so to feel like I am a criminal has weighed heavily on me throughout this time as I am not someone who starts anything bad with anyone. Please help....thank you
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jbouff27

I've sent you another PM regarding your ticket with some further follow-up.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jbouff27
    jbouff27
    X
    Edited by jbouff27 on August 20, 2020 8:59AM
This discussion has been closed.