The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

And now they're a tool for Griefers

• scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    From the PTS notes for 6.1.0:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6859486/#Comment_6859486
    "Other players’ non-combat pets will no longer block your view in certain interactions, such as while using Outfit Stations."

Hopefully this problem will be solved in two weeks.

This is a great step, but it's half-baked.

As others have said, ALL pets combat & non-combat need this auto-hidden approach and that should also include our own pets as well. The new vampire dragon imp pet a lot of us have constantly gets in the way as an example so I don't even use it. Twilight matriarch combat pets, same thing. Other players effects from their skills can be a major annoyance as well. Please ZOS, just hide EVERYTHING other than our own toon.

It's half a solution, I agree, but that's better than no solution at all, and who knows, maybe it is a sign of a more complete solution in future...

Agreed. I was actually surprised to see that on the PTS notes and surely hope this is a sign of further long-term investments into QOL, it's always the little things that add up.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dovakhan wrote: »
    It's the same than with people queuing for dungeons then forgetting about it and dismissing the invitation when it arrives.

People just don't give a *** about others.

similarly, but on the other side of the coin: the people that have the auto-accept addon and are afk for dungeons/bgs.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't dye stations worth like 30 carft tickets or something? Gee if people bothers you that much just stay in your home and do w/e you want.

Why do people have so much hatred over pets? Get your dye stations and leave pets alone!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aren't dye stations worth like 30 carft tickets or something? Gee if people bothers you that much just stay in your home and do w/e you want.

Why do people have so much hatred over pets? Get your dye stations and leave pets alone!

To put it simply, why should people pay to be free of pets? Having pet free zones costs nothing for the players.. I would love to put a station in my home, but I will never do it before we also get an npc to accept our writs..
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regardless of whether they are using the station or not, if you’re there for more than a handful of seconds it is basic courtesy to switch off your stupid flapping gormless badly animated dozy pet!
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes they look nice
    u0NUq6v.jpg
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovakhan wrote: »
    It's the same than with people queuing for dungeons then forgetting about it and dismissing the invitation when it arrives.

People just don't give a *** about others.

I can't speak for dungeon queuing, since I very rarely do it, but when I'm queuing for Cyrodiil or the Imperial City I'll sometimes have to wait in line-- especially during a PvP event, which is the main times I queue for Cyrodiil or the Imperial City-- so to pass the time I'll do something else; during the last PvP event, I would do some Antiquities. Unfortunately, I would sometimes do an excavation and then discover that my queue had come up while I was busy, so I missed my chance. Then I'd have to queue all over again. I'm wondering if that sort of thing can also happen when queuing for dungeons, in which case you shouldn't assume that the other player(s) are dismissing the invitation on purpose.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunerdog wrote: »
    Daggerfall / EU

High level player at the clothing station, just standing there, not using it, refusing to put pet away or move despite being asked multiple times by multiple players.

A lot of people have already pointed out but I figured I should directly ask.
    Did this player specifically respond to anyone at all saying "No I won't put my pet away." or something of that nature? Seems rather important to your accusation if they never responded at all. For all we know he could have been looking at the crown store and debating on items to get with the crown sale that we have.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    how do you know they aren't using it.

Irrelevant. They are obstructing gameplay by not removing their pet. Especially if they actually are not AFK but refusing to move their pet when asked.
    ... refusing to put pet away or move despite being asked multiple times by multiple players

After a certain cut-off period, a player who is reported for obstructing gameplay like this should receive a suspension. They can appeal their suspension if they want but hand it out.
    It's like speeding -- the speed radar doesn't care what you "extenuating circumstances" are. They measured that you are speeding so you get a ticket. If you have "reasons", tell it to the judge.

This sort of non-subjective protocol would put the onus on the player to proactively not obstruct gameplay.

I dont know what platform your on but on ps4 if we are using a station we CANT see the text chat
    If he replied either on your platform you can see it or he wasnt using it
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall / EU

High level player at the clothing station, just standing there, not using it, refusing to put pet away or move despite being asked multiple times by multiple players.

Did my dailies, relogged onto a new character, did all certifications, joined mages/fighters guilds, saved the stupid king yet again and then went for another look and the same player was still being a nuisance over an hour and a half later.

Speaks for itself really, doesn't it ZOS ?

Make all pets, (non combat/sorc pets/bears) invisible when a player enters any kind of menu screen please.

It ain't rocket science you know...

huY0vhj.jpg

Aaaaaaand you couldn't go somewhere else?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is a Hanlon’s Razor situation. And one that Zeni is already addressing.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if it's intended for players to be able to use pets as obstructions.

Because they could fix or at least alleviate these problems by adding a filter system to the target array or even changing how pets appear to other players.

In any case; I agree with the OP - the pets on this game can be very annoying. But it would be nice to hear from the developers on this issue: because Iv'e always wondered if they actually wanted pets to be used as interference. Because a lot of players actually use this as a strategy in PvP and try to surround themselves with as many pets as possible.
  • Serude
    Serude
    Soul Shriven
    Doing writs with these clowns is annoying to say the least. I shouldnt have to go somewhere else to do writs, the quicker the better when it comes to those. Taking 5 more mins on 10 characters is almost an hour of my time. They should have a hide others pets like effects if needed to turn them off.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay...lets put the whole "are they doing anything" or not to bed.

Mostly not...while some people don't respond when asked to put their pet away many like to smack talk you at least and on the NA server, I have actually have had PVP players that will tell you they are doing this until PVP is "fixed"..
    They get off on griefing other players it's simply way more fun to them than any contently the devs can come up with anyone who has been playing more than a week knows reporting dose nothing.

I personally bought a outfit station and a Blacksmithing station for my homes if the devs can't fix the issue then I'll come up with ways to avoid griefer nonsense.

I socialize with 175 guildmates I don't need the whole "Everything is public because we want you to meet people" crap
    Edited by Klad on August 12, 2020 4:57AM
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Daggerfall / EU

Did my dailies, relogged onto a new character, did all certifications, joined mages/fighters guilds, saved the stupid king yet again and then went for another look and the same player was still being a nuisance over an hour and a half later.

Make all pets, (non combat/sorc pets/bears) invisible when a player enters any kind of menu screen please.

huY0vhj.jpg

Aaaaaaand you couldn't go somewhere else?

This. ^

I mean I don't like it either, and I tend to unsummon my pets when applicable around towns and such because they annoy me too. If they really were trolling (which I doubt but whatever) that's not cool, I agree.
    But... really? You couldn't just go somewhere else?
    You act like there was a mob stalking you across wayshrines and piling around you or something, or someone was doing something devastating to your gameplay, like making you somehow unable to move or interact with a quest objective.
    Obscuring the outfit stations is really small beans compared to the rampant issues this game is facing right now, so it's a little hard to have sympathy for that when there's people struggling to get basic functions of the game to work.
    Like, "We need this problem fixed NOW!" while there's game-breaking bugs that've gone un-adressed or even un-acknowledged for a year.
    It's a bit like someone complaining about a papercut while the person next to them has a leg missing. Sorry :/
    Edited by LinearParadox on August 11, 2020 7:07PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can just go to another station. The player isnt doing anything wrong. I think you are more upset about the player not doing what you told them to do. You coulda solved your own problem but instead you tried to tell others how to play.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember IRL when someone stood in your way and you like, y'know, moved somewhere else? Ah yes, the before times.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall / EU

huY0vhj.jpg

Or any combat pet is unsummoned when in a town that doesn't require combat.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we sure this isn't a new bug where someone crashes, but their character just stays where they were? I know I've decided to not bother trying to log back in after a few "this account already logged in" messages.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall / EU

Did this player specifically respond to anyone at all saying "No I won't put my pet away." or something of that nature? Seems rather important to your accusation if they never responded at all. For all we know he could have been looking at the crown store and debating on items to get with the crown sale that we have.

Bit tired of all this "were they / weren't they" when it was a blatant griefing of players trying to use the outfit station.

Player would occasionally draw and sheath weapon.

Player would occasionally jump up and down.

Player would occasionally use the 'laugh' emote.

Player would occasionally use the 'shake head' emote.

Griefers will not use chat to reply to others when griefing as this then leaves evidence of their griefing ie chat logs.

As for the people who are saying "couldn't I just go to another clothing station" ?

Well yes I could, and after I'd done what I needed to do in Daggerfall that's exactly what I did.

But the fact remains that this one player purposefully inconvenienced and interrupted a lot of players and awareness of this issue needs /needed to be raised with ZOS so that it can be fixed.

And as for the post stating that "I'm acting like there was a mob stalking me across wayshrines" etc.

*Rolls eyes, shakes head, goes to make a cup of coffee*
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand the[snip] about it because those flappy [snip] are annoying but he could have actually been doing something that wasn’t [snip] could have bugged out (happens all of the time on console) quit just thinking that everyone is malicious that does nothing.

[edited for baiting and profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 12:27PM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall / EU

Bit tired of all this "were they / weren't they" when it was a blatant griefing of players trying to use the outfit station.

Player would occasionally draw and sheath weapon.

Player would occasionally jump up and down.

Player would occasionally use the 'laugh' emote.

Player would occasionally use the 'shake head' emote.

Griefers will not use chat to reply to others when griefing as this then leaves evidence of their griefing ie chat logs.

As for the people who are saying "couldn't I just go to another clothing station" ?

Well yes I could, and after I'd done what I needed to do in Daggerfall that's exactly what I did.

But the fact remains that this one player purposefully inconvenienced and interrupted a lot of players and awareness of this issue needs /needed to be raised with ZOS so that it can be fixed.

And as for the post stating that "I'm acting like there was a mob stalking me across wayshrines" etc.

*Rolls eyes, shakes head, goes to make a cup of coffee*

The reason people were asking 'were they/weren't they' was because you gave no proof of why it was 'blatant griefing'. People were reasonably asking for what led you to the conclusion, because you didn't tell them, they weren't there, and it seems like it could easily have been a far-fetched assumption. It's easy to project an intention on someone who's inconveniencing you, so understand people will wanna do a little fact checking first.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will ask my brother to duel in front of the station and we both use sets that summon monsters :D The duel will never end, of course...

I had no idea people get this hurt over that, thanks for the tip. Here, take an insightful. You've done Molag Bal's work..
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the real fix. Sorc pets should have a timer like Necro pets and NB pets.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Make em all criminal acts
    Lock those daedra worshippers up along with the skooma addicts. Clean up these cobblestone streets.
  • Scrollup
    Scrollup
    ✭✭✭
    BAN ALL PETS IN TOWNS/VILLAGE.

BOOM Issue Fixed!
    Edited by Scrollup on August 12, 2020 6:37AM
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dragon pets are particularly annoying at craft stations; they were driving me insane yesterday in the Vivec City crafting hub. When you're trying to focus on your crafting panel, yet there's a scaled flappy-bird constantly in the periphery of your vision...... yeah, it's not conducive to a positive experience.

Personally I think an option to fully blank out the in-game background whilst crafting would be nice, but on top of that I support a suggestion that others have raised elsewhere: let us buy or craft something that we can place in our homes that provides access to the daily writ quests. It could be an NPC or even just copies of the writ boards, but it would allow people the option to do writs in peace. A placeable hand-in area or NPC would be the icing on the cake, but I wouldn't want to come across as greedy. :#
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of people defending pets is disgusting. Shame on you.

There is absolutely no reason targetable pets need to exist in towns at all.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol we used to mudball the people using it so they couldn't dye their clothes
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    The amount of people defending pets is disgusting. Shame on you.

There is absolutely no reason targetable pets need to exist in towns at all.

Pets don't block interaction, so there is no need to remove them.