The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

And now they're a tool for Griefers

Lunerdog
Lunerdog
✭✭✭✭✭
Daggerfall / EU

High level player at the clothing station, just standing there, not using it, refusing to put pet away or move despite being asked multiple times by multiple players.

Did my dailies, relogged onto a new character, did all certifications, joined mages/fighters guilds, saved the stupid king yet again and then went for another look and the same player was still being a nuisance over an hour and a half later.

Speaks for itself really, doesn't it ZOS ?

Make all pets, (non combat/sorc pets/bears) invisible when a player enters any kind of menu screen please.

It ain't rocket science you know...

huY0vhj.jpg
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do you know they aren't using it. There is no animation for using stations except the one of yourself which only you see. I do think combat pets should turn invisible when not in combat
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 11, 2020 1:38AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to be "doing something" - because standing at a crafting station for that long doing nothing is going to get the player dc'd. I've had a 2 minute phone call turn into 15 minutes without input in the game window and yep I got dc'd. An hour and a half? *shrug*
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether or not they were doing anything or if they were intentionally trolling, this is a huge issue. ZOS will hopefully stop this kind of trolling sooner rather than later.

Remember, people can be inconvenienced even if the one causing the issue isn't doing it intentionally. It's on ZOS to keep these situations to a minimum as players can't seem to be bothered to care or even know they are being a nuisance.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From the PTS notes for 6.1.0:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6859486/#Comment_6859486
    "Other players’ non-combat pets will no longer block your view in certain interactions, such as while using Outfit Stations."

Hopefully this problem will be solved in two weeks.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can always report them in the meantime

mud balling players at crafting stations was against ToS as it inhibited functionality and trolls got banned.

then they came to the forums and cried, was really funny.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lunerdog wrote: »
    Daggerfall / EU

High level player at the clothing station, just standing there, not using it, refusing to put pet away or move despite being asked multiple times by multiple players.

Did my dailies, relogged onto a new character, did all certifications, joined mages/fighters guilds, saved the stupid king yet again and then went for another look and the same player was still being a nuisance over an hour and a half later.

Make all pets, (non combat/sorc pets/bears) invisible when a player enters any kind of menu screen please.

It ain't rocket science you know...

huY0vhj.jpg

just buy a station for ur home = problem solved
    they arnt to expensive like 30k
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Seems more like reading a lot into things.

Heck, I cannot count how many times my character stood in one place while forming a raid, chatting with a guild member to answer their question or ask them about something. These things happen and are much more likely than the purposeful action being suggested in this thread.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that picture, it looks like Scooby-Doo is about to be attacked by a pterodactyl...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how do you know they aren't using it.

Irrelevant. They are obstructing gameplay by not removing their pet. Especially if they actually are not AFK but refusing to move their pet when asked.
    ... refusing to put pet away or move despite being asked multiple times by multiple players

After a certain cut-off period, a player who is reported for obstructing gameplay like this should receive a suspension. They can appeal their suspension if they want but hand it out.
    It's like speeding -- the speed radar doesn't care what you "extenuating circumstances" are. They measured that you are speeding so you get a ticket. If you have "reasons", tell it to the judge.

This sort of non-subjective protocol would put the onus on the player to proactively not obstruct gameplay.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 11, 2020 3:39AM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6859486/#Comment_6859486
    "Other players’ non-combat pets will no longer block your view in certain interactions, such as while using Outfit Stations."

It says non combat pets. So someone's dog blocking your view while you use outfit station.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting rid of non-combat pets is nice, but... If it doesn't get rid of flappy matriarchs and bears, then it's really not a solution, sadly.

I agree with another poster that suggests putting a station in your house, then you never have to fight other players obstructing interaction points, or your view. I'm never bothered by all the darn bears, matriarchs and clannfear in my house.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noone should ever get banned for something like this... you do not know if the player even knows he is obstructing a crafting station. Even when you whisper a player, a player might not read them. Half the time when I'm doing something, I do not notice a whisper coming in until half an hour later.

It could be a new player that does not know summons can obstruct things, it might be someone in dungeon queue not knowing his pet is in front of a crafting station, the player might be setting CP and be unaware a pet is obstructing a crafting station, the player might be setting skills, or be alt-tabbed, etc. You can't ask for a ban for players who are just playing the game.

There is always a way to click on a station, no matter what 'blocks' it. It just takes a second to reposition yourself.

You are at an indoor station, in a small house. You can expect those things to happen, as pets can't move inside walls.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Noone should ever get banned for something like this... you do not know if the player even knows he is obstructing a crafting station. Even when you whisper a player, a player might not read them. Half the time when I'm doing something, I do not notice a whisper coming in until half an hour later.

It could be a new player that does not know summons can obstruct things, it might be someone in dungeon queue not knowing his pet is in front of a crafting station, the player might be setting CP and be unaware a pet is obstructing a crafting station, the player might be setting skills, or be alt-tabbed, etc. You can't ask for a ban for players who are just playing the game.

There is always a way to click on a station, no matter what 'blocks' it. It just takes a second to reposition yourself.

You are at an indoor station, in a small house. You can expect those things to happen, as pets can't move inside walls.

These are players intentionally trolling stations by keeping pets in the way. It’s not new and it’s the same as when they mudballed players attempting to do the same. Don’t underestimate how long they can commit to this kind of behavior, literally for hours. There are those that accidentally have pets up at stations but they move on. Players that aren’t logged off by the system for inactivity and remain blocking stations are actively trolling.

It’s an issue ZOS can easily address by making these respective quest turn in areas automatically unsummon pets much like a dismount. They haven’t yet and now players get trolled.

Using tables elsewhere is not a solution because honestly not all players can warp to another town easily. That’s just a matter of character progression and asking newer players to accept this inconvenience is unfair. The same applies for craft turn-ins which are time sensitive.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I recently started playing a sorc which had just been a crafting char for the last 2 years. Took me a few trips to Cyro before I made a non pet build for cities and whenever I enter one, I just press the key for that setup and my pets instantly despawn. It's wonderful.

Considering how much my own pets annoy me when I'm doing crafting with that character, I can't understand why other sorcs don't despawn their pets when they are there.
  • Sir_Gentleman777
    Sir_Gentleman777
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are Pests. Simple as that. All you see is flappy wings or a bears backside on your screen.

This becomes really painful during events, where there is a huge number of players around a quest giver already. Then 50% of these players have their combat tormentors out, possibly also the imp and on top of that their vanity pets. You can't even see anymore where you are nor where you go, no matter if you are in first person view or in 3rd.

Not only does it block the view or the ability to activate triggers, but is also really annoying to watch and costs a huge amount of resources to render all this junk. And no, one can not count on the fact that players become suddenly considerate and dismiss their combat pets when entering certain areas. Sometimes i have the feeling they don't even use them in combat and just get 'em out to annoy people to the max level.

Apart from that summoning Daedra is frowned on in Tamriel. It should be illegal to enter a populated area with a summoned Daedra and the guards should be able to nuke them down instantly and arrest the owner. And as punishment have a big bounty and not being able to summon the pets for the next two hours at all. Or much easier, auto dismiss the pests automatically when entering cities and populated areas.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make em all criminal acts
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue in Allinor last night.. Player had his pet dragon perfectly in the way of people using the outfit station.. Refused to move it when he was asked to, by several players
  • NightSquirrel
    NightSquirrel
    ✭✭✭
    This is a serious issue and I take it extremely seriously.

Blocking your view while using an outfit station? That is. Simply. Unforgivable.

Two words. Not. Okay.

I don’t think anything can rectify this. The only thing we can do now is pray that something so grievous doesn’t happen to any other player EVER AGAIN

Lets all work together to make this world (Tamriel) better and I think we can all agree that the sorc pets are the real friends we made along the way.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether it was done intentionally or not these dragon pets are really annoying. I'm not sure if I've just had bad luck with them but they actually seem more annoying than the Twilight. I stopped using the free one we got from something or other because I kept finding it got in my way when I was trying to use the bank or outfit/crafting stations, and if it was annoying me I can only imagine how bad it was for people around me who hadn't even chosen to have it there.

(Technically I didn't choose either, I use an addon called Random Mount which swaps your pets and mounts when you change areas, so it was coming up randomly until I disabled it, but that still means I had control over it appearing.)

I'm glad ZOS are fixing it, but I wish they'd extend the fix to the sorcerer and warden pets too and more situations than just while you're in a menu. Ideally I'd like to see them automatically despawn when you're in crowded areas, just like there's areas where you can't use mounts because they'd be in the way.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as asking players to please put their pets away (you did say "please," right?), don't forget that going into certain screens will minimize the chat box, so it's possible that the other player didn't see everyone's polite requests.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As far as asking players to please put their pets away (you did say "please," right?), don't forget that going into certain screens will minimize the chat box, so it's possible that the other player didn't see everyone's polite requests.

This. Unless they responded to state their intentions, it's unlikely it was on purpose. Really depends on whether 'refused' here means a negative response or no response at all.

And IMO their intention is hardly irrelevant in this specific thread, since OP is making a big deal out of being intentionally griefed.

At least fixing it for non-combat pets is a step in the right direction. I've never had this issue with any pet or any station before. What does annoy me is my character reacting to casted skills and gaining obstructing visual effects while at an outfit station. Not sure that's happened to me in a while though, maybe they fixed that.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some are doing intentionally, others are just like most people and think they are the only one in the universe xD

Have tried /say and /zone with sugar and spice 'please' and all that... and have resorted to (once when short on time) dropping a few flashy aoe <-- got everyone's attention and they all turned and looked at me and I apologised and once again asked to please put pets away and they did *shrug*

ZoS, we shouldn't have to do this, you cannot expect people to not.. well.. people xD
    So figure out a way to poof the pets at the stations, m'kay? Thanks ;)
  • Room_101
    Room_101
    ✭✭
    This is a ZOS issue, player pets should not block NPCs or action points in town. I would expect ZOS to fix this, but they cannot maintain stable servers, so don't hold your breath.
    Can you run a MMO on Novell Netware 4.1 over IPX/SPX. Join ESO and find out!
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Same issue I mentioned in this thread.

We shouldn't be seeing ANY visual effects from players either. Another grief is people using wall of elements which makes it really hard to see your dye colors while it's active. Players using their effects that make you draw your weapons not even being grouped. The list goes on I'm sure but these are things I have personally experienced on many occasions. It's beyond strange that this is even a discussion after 6 years since the game was released. Imho, the less a player is annoyed by something that shouldn't even exist in the first place the longer they will stay playing the game. ESO is really starting to show it's lack of QOL as a priority and this is just one of many, many things in this game that need some attention.

The only "solution" we have at the moment is to just travel somewhere that has an outfit station that is less public (guild hall, friends home, etc). I have found myself on more than one occasion dealing with these annoyances, griefing or not. I don't even bother using public outfit stations anymore because of it.

Edited by scorpius2k1 on August 11, 2020 1:17PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same than with people queuing for dungeons then forgetting about it and dismissing the invitation when it arrives.

People just don't give a *** about others.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great step, but it's half-baked.

As others have said, ALL pets combat & non-combat need this auto-hidden approach and that should also include our own pets as well. The new vampire dragon imp pet a lot of us have constantly gets in the way as an example so I don't even use it. Twilight matriarch combat pets, same thing. Other players effects from their skills can be a major annoyance as well. Please ZOS, just hide EVERYTHING other than our own toon.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it help to use first person POV?

That may be a dumb question, but I find taking a couple steps to the side and approaching from a different angle helps me get around Warden bears.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a great step, but it's half-baked.

As others have said, ALL pets combat & non-combat need this auto-hidden approach and that should also include our own pets as well. The new vampire dragon imp pet a lot of us have constantly gets in the way as an example so I don't even use it. Twilight matriarch combat pets, same thing. Other players effects from their skills can be a major annoyance as well. Please ZOS, just hide EVERYTHING other than our own toon.

It's half a solution, I agree, but that's better than no solution at all, and who knows, maybe it is a sign of a more complete solution in future...

Edited by mairwen85 on August 11, 2020 1:19PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it help to use first person POV?

That may be a dumb question, but I find taking a couple steps to the side and approaching from a different angle helps me get around Warden bears.

Unfortunately not. The issue you're mentioning is a whole other topic that definitely needs addressed though. This issue is another variant of pet and other annoyances since it's a problem while you're already using an outfit station.
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on August 11, 2020 1:24PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

So PvPers don't craft? How do they get gold bind on pickup weapons?

Anyway, this thread is about a problem that can be fixed so that everyone is satisfied. class balance can never be fixed so that everyone is satisfied.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 3:21PM