The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there / could we get a permanently on version of Almalexias lantern?

winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
Would be nice for playing during the night. I don't like night times. The graphics in eso are generally so pleasing i feel like im wasting the questing experience if i do it when its dark.. coming back later or delves only is what i end up doing.

Anyways, just though it would be nice to get some sort of lantern or pet that illuminates its surroundings and is always on. Wasn't expecting it, but just a little bit hoped the stream pony would do it.. course it didn't.

Just a suggestion in case they're running out of ideas.

I think i'll try a macro that presses q every 30 seconds next..

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We used to have something like that: magelight.

But then ZoS nerfed it
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    newtinmpls wrote: »

But then ZoS nerfed it

That's a shame How come, it was causing problems in crowded areas?
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then ZoS nerfed it

That's a shame How come, it was causing problems in crowded areas?

No they said it's bad for the performance. Shortly after they introduced sets that had three lights circling you, thats how ZOS rolls :D *shrug*
    TherealHämähäkki
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No they said it's bad for the performance. Shortly after they introduced sets that had three lights circling you, thats how ZOS rolls :D *shrug*

That's a thought. How much light does say..sanctuary shed in darkish areas?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I don't have a clue. I use some of these sets, but I wasn't paying any attention if they are helpful in dark areas.
    But I bet they don't spend to much light. Its probably more like a glowing.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I don't have a clue. I use some of these sets, but I wasn't paying any attention if they are helpful in dark areas.

Sancturary and those produce little to no light. Idk how this game is struggles so much with player effects. But having no light source in caves and such must make it hell for people on consoles without the ability to change brightness without making the game look awful.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sancturary and those produce little to no light. Idk how this game is struggles so much with player effects. But having no light source in caves and such must make it hell for people on consoles without the ability to change brightness without making the game look awful.

Thank you, I am on PS4 :cry:
    TherealHämähäkki
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, I am on PS4 :cry:

I hope for you console players getting the next-gen of consoles get it a bit easier. I'm really hoping you guys get locations of LoreBooks, and can see all locations because of how impossible it is to have multiple characters with Level 10 Mage's Guild/Psijic.
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as strong a light as Almalexia's, but the torch that comes with the treasure hunter personality works in a pinch. :) I don't know when it will become available again though.
    Teridax941 wrote: »
    It's not as strong a light as Almalexia's, but the torch that comes with the treasure hunter personality works in a pinch. :) I don't know when it will become available again though.

Thats exactly what would would do it.

Amazing. Limitied edition hey? If that was a staple i would have bought it already.. fast forward a day and i've worked out what clock hours are dark, prepared to simply log off for an hour (or do dark things).

Yes i would still buy this. Wait does it work while mounted? Doubt it. Maybe not then.

EDIT: Actuallyi would still buy it. Happy to go on foot in dark rather than not have any torch.
    Edited by winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO on August 12, 2020 4:14AM
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teridax941 wrote: »

I tried swapping to this yesterday in the Blackreach public dungeon because I was getting tired of constantly reapplying Almalexia's, and by comparison the amount of light that the treasure hunter torch throws out is pitiful. Then again I do play with low gamma so perhaps it's better for anyone who sticks with the recommended gamma level.

That said it would be nice if Almalexia's lasted around 2 minutes or so.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the treasure hunter personality at night. The whole personality centres around the player holding a torch, it gives off a decent amount of light too. :)
    PC EU
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really want them to add wearable lanterns as an accessory. We could still have the light during combat and while mounted that way. They almost went there with the graverobber costume, but then they made the lantern permanently off (and weirdly glued to the thigh instead of resting up on the hip or something.)

In the meantime, yes to treasure hunter personality, and some of the monster arms packs throw off light. I use a monster staff and the gloam wolf pup (afaik the only pet that throws light) and it gets me through most places. The troll king staff is VERY BRIGHT, if the troll king weapons ever come back. You can try getting an opal one from guild stores if you can afford it.
    Edited by SickleCider on August 21, 2020 8:40PM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    In passing, i had my lantern out and accidentally triggered it in a ruins style delve.. it improved the experience very tangibly.

Sad getting some sort of illumination isn't considered a staple for the crown store. One more to the list i guess.

[snip]

[edited for bashing/conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 2, 2020 1:09PM
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind putting it on your quickslots, you can use it that way. I do that if it's getting pretty dark in-game, since the recast time is shorter than the duration. :)

But yeah, this would be nice too. Or even if the torch on the treasure hunter personality was similarly bright to the Almalexia lantern.
    E-Zekiel wrote: »
    If you don't mind putting it on your quickslots, you can use it that way. I do that if it's getting pretty dark in-game, since the recast time is shorter than the duration. :)

But yeah, this would be nice too. Or even if the torch on the treasure hunter personality was similarly bright to the Almalexia lantern.

Yeah i've tried that, though at least on my client, the recast time is 2 seconds more than the lantern :(

On further play, sure i can get used to night times, but in delves still the lamp really adds to the experience.

Wish i could try the treasure hunter personality. There's just the issue of availability...
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also the Dwemervamidium Mirage, a Memento from the Dwarven Crates. It runs for 3 minutes, if I remember correctly.

It is fashionable, cool, and lightweight. Even a monkey can wear it with style. :D
    5P5ynk8.png
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
    Watchdog wrote: »
    There is also the Dwemervamidium Mirage, a Memento from the Dwarven Crates. It runs for 3 minutes, if I remember correctly.

It is fashionable, cool, and lightweight. Even a monkey can wear it with style. :D
    5P5ynk8.png

Thanks for the info. Sadly that thing was 100 gems so doesn't exist in practice. Close though.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »

5P5ynk8.png

I didn't realize this put out light like the lantern! Very cool. I've been using the lantern on my quickslots for years when I wanted to light up the corners of dungeons or delves. Now I can swap it for this instead, I've had it for a long time.
    Holy crap the treasure hunter personality is available in the store.

Seriously its the most fortunate coincidence, or zos must actually be reading this forum and listening.

If they are, they are the first developer ive ever experienced to take cash shop suggestions seriously.

Of course, dutifully bought :) And no really thank YOU zos. Very happy.

EDIT: Now where do we ask for a few more slots in the quickslot wheel? I could use another 3 :)
    Edited by winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO on October 2, 2020 8:20AM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Almalexia's Lantern Momento! I wish more of them had a practical use. I feel like Harry potter when I use it.

Lumos Maxima!
    tumblr_oep0beinz21rszoo3o2_500.gif