The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

With nerfs to Critical Hit Chance and Damage, ZOS please don't forget to equally buff Khajiit

catnamedwill
catnamedwill
✭✭✭
Currently, the amount of Critical Chance in the game is relatively high for builds that aren't even specializing in it. You can easily obtain a large amount from passive sources rather than active or choice based sources (such as choosing Precise over Nirnhoned) resulting in this set being incredibly powerful across all levels.

It seems that devs want to put an end to the crit meta in PvE or at least vastly increase the opportunity cost of it. Khajiit racial effectiveness is directly proportional to crit hit chance. As such please buff Khajiit when the overall crit nerf comes.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems a little premature to be complaining about this.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too soon to complain, yes. Too soon to draw attention to balancing the crit race? Maybe not.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll never change race to my khajiit
    PC-EU
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they nerf critical chance/damage to end crt meta, why should they increase Khajiit passives?

Nerf others, just dont nerf me, right?

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit needs to be looked at for sure, you should have to build towards if you want high numbers.

I remember in the early days of the game you had to run Inner Light for the buff sacrificing a skill spot but now its just not needed.

Get the milk ready for it :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Crit needs to be looked at for sure, you should have to build towards if you want high numbers.

I remember in the early days of the game you had to run Inner Light for the buff sacrificing a skill spot but now its just not needed.

Get the milk ready for it :D

Innerlight is still overly used for MagDDs nowodays. I dont remember a build without it TBH.
    And my Stamplar sit @64%Crit (iirc) trial condition (on 21% Dumie if you prefer) which isn't overly hight even with a almost perfect gear (pReleq wont bring more crit anyway)
    It might be different with AY Next patch tho.

MagDD have more crit, due to MS. And MS is buffed. which make no sense with the affirmations.

I agree tho, if the overall crit rate is nerf by a medium/lot, Khajiit should be take in count with the passive (not like so many nerf applied without taking in count colateral damage resulting into more, deep, nerfs)
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    If they nerf critical chance/damage to end crt meta, why should they increase Khajiit passives?

@Anyron

Come on, are you serious. Khajiit is the definition of
    specializing in it
    for crit builds. You are entirely devoting your character around the crit. The crit meta is the very reason that Khajiit got nerfed during PTS of both racial balance patches i.e Dark Brotherhood patch and the Wrathstone patch. Khajiit has lesser stat density compared to other races, simply due to the fact the moment they are given equal stat density as other races, they become immediate BiS over all other races, which was something that happened both times resulting in nerfs even before either patch hit live.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well good luck. They gave bosmer stealth detection while flat out stating that most monsters couldn't be bothered with using stealth so I won't be too surprised when your crit boost turns into a worthless bonus.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Critical Chance and Damage end up getting toned down (which they probably should) then Khajiit should get its old racial bonus of Critical Chance back.

In this OP Critical Damage meta, having such a bonus was deemed to be too powerful but if it is brought in line with other damage sources then switching the bonus back to Critical Chance is a more broadly useful and versatile bonus.

Or you could give them a bonus to BOTH (while sacking one of their other racial bonuses) and really reinforce their role as the ultimate Critical class. (Going this route, you could give Critical Chance back to Bosmer as they are in need of some help and class theming as well).
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit passive is bad anyway.

I tested a 100% crit chance magsorc build on a khajiit and a altmer and got higher dps on the altmer.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That true, as your baseline damage with that much Critical Chance will be super weak.

Having Critical Chance as a Khajiit racial skill isn't so much to boost it to extreme values as it is to defray the opportunity cost of building to shore up your other weakness (base damage) since you already have a large portion of Critical Chance covered.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Anyron Because the nerf would be double dipping for Khajiit but not the others? Instead nerf everyone the same please.

Math explanation of the issue
    Let's say Dunmer deals 1000 base damage per second and crits 75% of the time for double damage.
    That gets them a total average dps of 1750 damage per second.
    Let's pretend that Khajiit are currently balanced to reach the same total dps as Dunmer, so again 1750, but they get there differently. They have the same 75% crit chance but deal double damage + 10% extra crit damage instead, but naturally have a lower base damage value. After some more math I determined the base damage has to be 959.

Now let's look at those numbers if the crit chance gets reduced to 50% for everyone and see if it impacts one race more than the other...
    1000*0.50 + 1000*2*0.50 = 1500 for Dunmer after the change.
    959*0.50 + 959*2.1*0.50 = 1486 for Khajiit.
    Note how only the crit chance was touched and nothing directly about the racial passives and yet the nerf hits Khajiit harder than Dunmer when they were both perfectly balanced before.

(1500/(959*0.5)) - 1 = 2.13
    In this scenario Khajiiti crit damage would have to be buffed from 10% to 13% for it to be balanced again as it used to be.
    This is why this topic exists and Khajiit need to be buffed if crit chance gets nerfed.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

@Anyron Because the nerf would be double dipping for Khajiit but not the others? Instead nerf everyone the same please.

Let's say Dunmer deals 1000 base damage per second and crits 75% of the time for double damage.
    Let's pretend that Khajiit are currently balanced to reach the same total dps as Dunmer, so again 1750, but they get there differently. They have the same 75% crit chance but deal double damage + 10% extra crit damage instead, but naturally have a lower base damage value. After some more math I determined the base damage has to be 959.

Now let's look at those numbers if the crit chance gets reduced to 50% for everyone and see if it impacts one race more than the other...
    Note how only the crit chance was touched and nothing directly about the racial passives and yet the nerf hits Khajiit harder than Dunmer when they were both perfectly balanced before.

In this scenario Khajiiti crit damage would have to be buffed from 10% to 13% for it to be balanced again as it used to be.
    This is why this topic exists and Khajiit need to be buffed if crit chance gets nerfed.

There are other races which are not even close to Khajiit and Dunmer (dps), like Nord or Argonian
    So they should get buffs too?

Khajiit racials still works. It still add something which isnt nerfed. They do not nerf Khajiit racials, they may nerf crit at global.

So my question is still same. Why should be Khajiit racials buffed, if they do not nerf it directly, but indirectly? Dont you think its unfair?

For a while there isnt ballance in racials. We all get use to it. Maybe its time for you too
    Edited by Anyron on August 14, 2020 4:28AM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a few would like to see Khajiit reworked. Of all races it still feels less than. It seems a player would only role a Khajiit unless they a) want to build for Crit, or b) want to roleplay a khajiit. There is no other reason to role one as unlike most classes they are not flexible. They are the best for Crit, but pretty bad for anything else.

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are other races which are not even close to Khajiit and Dunmer (dps), like Nord or Argonian

Khajiit racials still works. It still add something which isnt nerfed. They do not nerf Khajiit racials, they may nerf crit at global.

So my question is still same. Why should be Khajiit racials buffed, if they do not nerf it directly, but indirectly? Dont you think its unfair?

For a while there isnt ballance in racials. We all get use to it. Maybe its time for you too

I have 3 Argonians, they are great. They feel pretty powerful with the passives they get. But I agree, Nord still feels less than along with Khajiit. I Think everything else is in great form. It is not just about DPS, but more flexibility in other roles
    Edited by MacCait on August 14, 2020 12:21PM
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »

I have 3 Argonians, they are great. They feel pretty powerful with the passives they get. But I agree, Nord still feels less than along with Khajiit. I Think everything else is in great form. It is not just about DPS, but more flexibility in other roles

Nord are at the weak end for damage, sure, but they're the meta for tanks and widely used in pvp.

Getting back to the khajiit... if crit chance is nerfed then that's a relative nerf for khajiit. If crit damage is nerfed then that's a relative buff for khajiit (as khajiit crits would be noticably stronger than those of other races, which is not the case now except in pvp where the effective base crit damage is lower). There's a balance though. Crit damage can only be nerfed so far before it becomes inefficient to stack into crit.
    Edited by Kolzki on August 14, 2020 5:10PM