Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make engine guardian untargetable.

• Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so stupid seeing this set on very class, mag or stam, with players just cheesing up the annoying body blocking Engine Guardian provides.

Agreed mate. I'm actually still shocked that this hasn't been changed. It's a blatant unfair advantage that needs to be fixed.

I played a BG last night (high MMR match) against the same players I usually play against and the majority of players had it on.

I even had a conversation in the group chat with one of them (a mag sorc) who admitted that he uses engine guardian and his matriarch as a shield to stand behind.

How the hell is that even fair for us who don't have that extra mitigation?

I'll keep fighting the fight [snip] until this is changed or someone from ZoS gives us a VALID explanation as to why this hasn't been changed.

[Edited to remove Threat]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 1, 2020 3:47PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • UnassumingNoob
    UnassumingNoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    All pets should be not targetable. So stupid hiding behind that crap raining down the damage.
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ye even worse when ball groups stack them. Trying to target that player with low hp? Nope 5 guardians standing on him
    Edited by stybbe17b16_ESO on August 1, 2020 11:56PM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Is Chokethorn untargetable?

Chokethorn is targetable. I don't understand why but it is.

It's because you can interrupt it's heal. Pretty nifty.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1000

Be safe and have fun :)
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best thing ever is when I engage an enemy player with my 500 Ballista ultimate buffed by Balrogh and instead of unleashing it to the player, I hit the pet. :D:D:D
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best thing ever is when I engage an enemy player with my 500 Ballista ultimate buffed by Balrogh and instead of unleashing it to the player, I hit the pet. :D:D:D

Yeah I feel your pain mate. And that's working as intended lol 😬😬
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Make them all NOT Targetable.

Same for the Atro. No one is trying to kill that thing in the middle of a fight, so don't try to "hide behind" the counterplay argument (pun intended lol)
    Edited by SHOW on August 3, 2020 2:53AM
  • tt_rs3
    tt_rs3
    Sheuib wrote: »
    You could make it so pets LOS the user as well. That would significantly change the dynamic. In order for a person to shoot you when they are using pets they have to expose themselves.

This is the best solution imo. Still interruptable/killable but not a cheesy one sided LOS

• Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is a crutch and needs to be *** nuked already, half the players I see in BGs wear it not even pre nerf Bloodspawn was that popular. Make it untargettable and reduce the spawn rate.
  • Oakiyo
    Oakiyo
    ✭✭✭
    Well, making engine guardian untargetable as well as other pets would balance the game as well as improve performances without ruining the combat core. ZOS can't do that.
    Edited by Oakiyo on August 3, 2020 5:22PM
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oakiyo wrote: »
    Well, making engine guardian untargetable as well as other pets would balance the game as well as improve performances without ruining the combat core. ZOS can't do that.

I agree. You would think by removing the target functionality then performance would increase 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End this exploit, we done had enough
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind flappy birds -free ult.
    The ground based one though... I will chase that person until they are dead. Half the map. Going to kill it. Exploit right up there with runes in doorways.
    Edited by merevie on August 10, 2020 7:41AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in open world cyrodiil during big battles...

I come in a keep from the main gate, run to the inner main gate, there is a bund of people. I fire my Inevitable Detonation into the group of players and when it finally casts it goes like 60 degrees to the right on an Engine Guardian pet instead to a player in front of me I targeted...

It's like the Engine Guardian pet is attracting your skills...

I can't count how often my Dragon Leap went on that pet instead of the player although I had the player even in tab target...

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty simple and it does make sense:

-damaging pets (except Bugged bones) are untargetable

-healing pets (except lazy Mender) are targetable

It's basically a way to have counterplay. Sorcs can generate engine guardian back to back, which means they can endlessly sustain damage/healing/roll dodge in turns, depending on the proc.

We already have enough OP sets in the game that provide no counterplay.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    It's pretty simple and it does make sense:

-damaging pets (except Bugged bones) are untargetable

-healing pets (except lazy Mender) are targetable

It's basically a way to have counterplay. Sorcs can generate engine guardian back to back, which means they can endlessly sustain damage/healing/roll dodge in turns, depending on the proc.

We already have enough OP sets in the game that provide no counterplay.

sorc pets? I understand the desire for counterplay but the reality is it's being exploited in what I imagine was an unintended way and is without a doubt the primary reason for it's use in PvP. No set is supposed to provide 100% mitigation via body blocking, it's enough that there are flocks of bat ladies there does not need to be this obstruction, the "counterplay" provided by being able to interrupt this thing is in NO way compensating for the abuse of it's poor design.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Instead of messing with crit, a change literally nobody is asking for, how about you guys do a pass on all pets?

Targetable pets soak up an insane amount of damage in pvp, due to the terrible targeting system this game has.
    Just make all pets untargatable and do a balance pass based on that.
    Im pretty sure having all those extra bodies soaking up damage in pvp isnt helping performance.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS thinks it's fun counterplay to spend your resources killing a pet that will respawn seconds later.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. I was in a bg yesterday where at least 8 out 12 people were in engine guardian. Melee, ranged, mag, stam... every class is exploiting this set. It's ludicrous to have so much damage mitigation for free while they've nerfed every other defensive monster set into the ground.

Furthermore, the tooltip says there should be a 4 second cool down!

(1 item) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (2 items) When you use an ability, you have a 25% chance to summon a dwemer automation to restore 550 Stamina or Magicka or 1955 Health to you every 0.5 seconds for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

There's no cooldown on this set right now. It gets back to back procs constantly. So not only is it mitigating tons of damage, it's not even working properly.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on August 11, 2020 4:35PM
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem though is Sorc, as it relies on pets. Balancing that can be problematic. Imagine Twilight Matriarch in PvP that is untargettable and for example provides pretty strong heals, but you can do nothing about it...

You mean... like all other heals?

If a heal is too strong: nerf or increase cost or kiss-curse (resist pain)
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    There's no cooldown on this set right now. It gets back to back procs constantly. So not only is it mitigating tons of damage, it's not even working properly.
    Now that is Interesting. Did you file a bug report?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate hitting someone's pet but I think pets like the wardens bear or at least one sorc pet should remain targetable especially the warden since they give up an ultimate for it.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate hitting someone's pet but I think pets like the wardens bear or at least one sorc pet should remain targetable especially the warden since they give up an ultimate for it.

I wish Bear would be 1-slot only, since it is ultimate.. so could use something else on the other bar. Now if uses it at pvp for example, it takes 2 ulti slots, and it's AI makes it just wander around aimlessly at different side of keep instead of next to you lol. Same on open world, it disappears often due to terrain.

I once saw my Bear on top of a tree while i was in combat. No idea how it got there, but damn coward bear climbing on trees while it should PROTECT me. :joy:

Edit: And that is the reason i do not use Bear on pvp, i try a fun build maybe once a year with Bear included, but soon gotta always take it off, other ultimates (2 of them) just are always way more better in (pvp) performance, and way more reliable than Mister Bear who disappears and climbs on trees and stuff.
    Edited by Moonsorrow on August 12, 2020 12:48PM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

Yeah I feel your pain mate. And that's working as intended lol 😬😬

I really wonder why ZOS hasnt done anything about it yet.

Was fighting a stamplar in farm tower in Cyro today, (one of those that burst attack you and when you dmg them they start hiding behind walls and running stairs up and down) and half of my attacks went to the Sphere instead of the player. Not only I wasnt able to kill him but also wasted resources for nothing to his advantage. When his sphere went down, another one was up almost immediately. At one point I got him to 10% health and fired my Assassin's Scourge, only to hit the sphere instead of him. He was like having 50% dmg mitigation from sphere only plus the 8% of jabs spamming (minor protection), making him almost immortal. That's not PVP, that's one big JOKE.

Just make the pet untargetable, for God's sake.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on August 12, 2020 1:17PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't help the the sphere follows right behind the user. It makes it require almost zero skill to abuse it's body blocking function.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster set pets should never be targetable. Summonable pets like the matriarch should be targetable but if you kill it there should be a cooldown for when the sorc can resummon the pet.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe they could make bash/interrupts instantly kill the EG and waste the users proc window
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One simple fix would be to make the Engine Guardian not follow the user, like other healing proc. pets (the spider thingy, chokethorn etc)

Other fix is to make pets untargetable, the problem with that is, matriarch can actually pull off good damage and provides the best burst heal in the game. Maybe if they brought the matriarch damage down to be on par with shade and reduced the healing to BoL standard. Or even make it a 20 second summon? I'm sure a lot of sorcs would prefer to have to resummon the pets for the extra slot on their bar?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with what most have said, having the matriarch target for counterplay purpose is terrible, if you kill the matriarch they instantly respawn it soooo? Killing it is not counterplay it's that simple. Sure if it had a cooldown as others have stated it might work but they should jsut make them all untargetable.
    It would be easier to implement as you wouldnt have to rebalance sorc pets (if they made them non-perma) it would also fix the problem of pets body blockign others and me while im trying to open an urn