The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

If You're Gonna Make a Pass on Crit......

Calypso589
Calypso589
✭✭✭
Then how about you guys do the smart thing and re balance CP like you've been talking about? Because all of these crit values trickle down from that, do they not?

And also, if you plan on making a pass on crit sourcing........why do you keep adding sets that boost crit?

[snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 12:36PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think.

-Base crit chance is reduced to 5% or going away completely.

-Increase medium/light armor bonuses to give up to ~15%(7 pieces required)

-Free crit bonus from CP is going away - You have a dedicated star for it right now. Physical/Magic penetration stars becoming one.

-Small increase to precise trait/thief mundus(?)

-New traits(armor/jewelry) to increase crit chance(?)
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calypso589 wrote: »
    Then how about you guys do the smart thing and re balance CP like you've been talking about? Because all of these crit values trickle down from that, do they not?

And also, if you plan on making a pass on crit sourcing........why do you keep adding sets that boost crit?

[snip]

+1 to that line - every patch they change the meta, and am getting a bit punch drunk
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 12:36PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New combat dev team would be nice. Or, at least, show us that you are not clueless. Because right now many changes, ups and downs, buffing stats to ridiculousness only to nerf them to the ground 3 months later (common thing with current team) shows us that you don't know what are you doing. Talking about class changes only to change 3 classes and leave the rest, buffing dots, nerfing dots, stranglers, etc. It all look very unprofessional and without a plan for future
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

I think choosing a combat team from the most experienced players is the best option , any one from outside wont have any idea about this game and its problems
    they are making unnecessary changes ,ignoring the real problems and ignoring all feed backs

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 12:37PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebix_ wrote: »

[snip]

I think choosing a combat team from the most experienced players is the best option , any one from outside wont have any idea about this game and its problems
    they are making unnecessary changes ,ignoring the real problems and ignoring all feed backs

[snip]

Well they hire @ZOS_Gilliam but as a part of new team he is probably also responsible for part of new, weak combat changes.
    I think the solution would be to hire more ppl (i'm not sure how many ppl work on balance and skills actually, 5 only i think) and change the lead of the team. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 12:38PM
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

The CP system is the problem...

First we had VR...then to fill the void they placed the CP system.

This was to make us feel progression over time.

Then they started increasing the level cap of CP

Then people broke the game by filling the void of every nerf ZoS will think of with the CP system....

No matter what zos does, it is because they centered everything around that system, is the reason for imbalances.

Trying to change the CP system will break the game. They will have to do an overhaul.

Well that's my opinion at least.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the CP rework coming sooner rather than later. They did announce their intentions to revise/redo it ages ago after all. Honestly I wish they would either rework it to be an open node system with only so many specific choices available without any "all around good" nodes like the crit damage increase. Each node requiring 1 point and having three different sections for healing and resources/damage dealing/damage taking. Maybe give them a point per 50 CP and they can pick stuff like "Increase all poison damage done by 15%" instead of the micro buffs each point gives. Having only 16 points (CP 800) would let you customize your build if you wanted to be a pure lightning/fire/whatever sorc/dk. You could only take one node at a time but it would mean people who specialize in multiple damage types give up defense/resource regen while those who do "pure" builds are afforded more freedom as they level.

And of course do away with the champion passives that just add more problems.

Alternatively just remove the combat side of CP altogether and make it stuff that doesn't influence the combat side of the game. They talk a lot about how CPs calculations bog the server down heavily, so just fix that with stuff like.
    Increase The Value of Laundered Items By 20%.
    Increase The Quality of Items Found In Treasure Chests.
    Reduce the Gold Price you pay to vendors by 10%.
    Reduce the cost it takes to travel to wayshrines by 50%.
    etc. There's kinda plenty of options to warrant stuff like that to make the play experience improve as you continue in the game and you can make each node non-linear. Every 50 CP they can pick what perk they want that won't influence the combat side of the game and do away with the "Old Player VS New Player" gap.
    Edited by Kittytravel on August 11, 2020 3:19PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the CP rework coming sooner rather than later. They did announce their intentions to revise/redo it ages ago after all. Honestly I wish they would either rework it to be an open node system with only so many specific choices available without any "all around good" nodes like the crit damage increase. Each node requiring 1 point and having three different sections for healing and resources/damage dealing/damage taking. Maybe give them a point per 50 CP and they can pick stuff like "Increase all poison damage done by 15%" instead of the micro buffs each point gives. Having only 16 points (CP 800) would let you customize your build if you wanted to be a pure lightning/fire/whatever sorc/dk. You could only take one node at a time but it would mean people who specialize in multiple damage types give up defense/resource regen while those who do "pure" builds are afforded more freedom as they level.

And of course do away with the champion passives that just add more problems.

Alternatively just remove the combat side of CP altogether and make it stuff that doesn't influence the combat side of the game. They talk a lot about how CPs calculations bog the server down heavily, so just fix that with stuff like.
    Increase The Value of Laundered Items By 20%.
    Increase The Quality of Items Found In Treasure Chests.
    Reduce the Gold Price you pay to vendors by 10%.
    Reduce the cost it takes to travel to wayshrines by 50%.
    etc. There's kinda plenty of options to warrant stuff like that to make the play experience improve as you continue in the game and you can make each node non-linear. Every 50 CP they can pick what perk they want that won't influence the combat side of the game and do away with the "Old Player VS New Player" gap.

That is a really good idea.

They got a problem tho...there is NO progression.

Sets are all identical. Because the follow a formula, you don't really get any powercreep each release. No progression there. BiS can stay the same for years....looking at you Mother's Sorrow.

CP is capped. No progression there. I don't think CP is a great system, but it really, really bugs me as my total gets farther and farther from the cap.

Level - capped.

New content/dungeons...meh. Stale mechanics, stale drops, why bother?

The only progression you have is will my class/skills be radically buffed/nerfed due to arbitrary changes each PTS.

PVP is the only dynamic arena left in the game. You can combo sets/skills/classes and get results greater than their mathmatical conformity. You can turn CP on or off. The content is the other players, so every changing. You can die for reasons other than failing to memorize mechanics.

• Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the desire to rework crit and I really don't understand the strong community desire to overhaul CP. I just don't see the point. Like how is it going to benefit and improve the game? It just seems like needless reshuffling that will inevitably be a colossal failure and require a year+ of painful balance changes just to arrive back where we started.

The only aspect I do feel strongly on is that all of pvp should be no-cp for consistent and healthier pvp balance. Let CP be a PVE thing and I think it's in an okay state as is for that.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just keep feeding reasons why not much bother with ESO nowdays. I guess I should say thank you for that ZoS
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    New combat dev team would be nice. Or, at least, show us that you are not clueless. Because right now many changes, ups and downs, buffing stats to ridiculousness only to nerf them to the ground 3 months later (common thing with current team) shows us that you don't know what are you doing. Talking about class changes only to change 3 classes and leave the rest, buffing dots, nerfing dots, stranglers, etc. It all look very unprofessional and without a plan for future

Yup. The constant changes, including buffing and nerfing the same exact things in short succession just makes the development team look like they're flailing wildly.

Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the CP rework should come soomer than later. Their best move would be to remove the %mods with flat numbers. It would finesse the algorithms to an extent.. But eh, that's my opinion.