The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cheating/Third Party software ~ Etc...

Skullderic
Skullderic
✭✭✭
To much cheating, Not enough screening.
Gert Soem!!
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's actually cheating and not just people being better than you?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure what the OP saw, or think they saw, but in general, I do not rule out people cheating in this game. I don't think that ZOS does enough to combat cheating through the use of software that can interpret the data stream and control the client.

The really successful cheaters are the ones that can do it in such a way that everyone who is told about it throws down the "Learn To Play" card.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's actually cheating and not just people being better than you?

When you throw a stone into a pack of hounds, the one who howls got hit.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is soo much cheating in this game and reporting doesnt lead to anything!
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You would think with all the cheating that supposedly goes on there would be at least some proof of it other than that 1 Russian video from a few years ago. If you report them and they don’t get banned than maybe its not cheating and its either lag or you don’t understand game mechanics yet.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    You would think with all the cheating that supposedly goes on there would be at least some proof of it other than that 1 Russian video from a few years ago. If you report them and they don’t get banned than maybe its not cheating and its either lag or you don’t understand game mechanics yet.

Would you say you have a lot of expereince in pvp? And would you say there is no cheat in this game?
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on August 2, 2020 1:51AM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Would you say you have a lot of expereince in pvp? And would you say there is no cheat in this game?

5 years of daily pvp, haven’t seen any cheats yet, but then again I’m on console.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but we do not know what you saw so we can't tell if it is actually cheating or legitimate gameplay or the result of server lag.

Of course, I am not suggesting no one exploits in ESO but the best course of action is to record the activity (and most of us can record it) then report it to Zos with the obviously required details of what was happening and let them know you have a video of the activity. We know for a fact Zos has banned players for specific durations and apparently permanent for the most grievous accounts.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭

5 years of daily pvp, haven’t seen any cheats yet, but then again I’m on console.

Thx for your answer.
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    No offense but we do not know what you saw so we can't tell if it is actually cheating or legitimate gameplay or the result of server lag.

Of course, I am not suggesting no one exploits in ESO but the best course of action is to record the activity (and most of us can record it) then report it to Zos with the obviously required details of what was happening and let them know you have a video of the activity. We know for a fact Zos has banned players for specific durations and apparently permanent for the most grievous accounts.

I tell you something, a player that has really a lot of experience in pvp, i mean really many hours, ppl that know the numbers in combat, what is usual and normal, who play pvp every day for years, who know the mechanics, who read fightlogs and can interpret them. Most of these guys, have a feeling of what is like possible in this game, what is usual and normal, and what is eg a good player and what is a very good player... what is an excepional player and when it feels like cheat, what is not normal and possible. Period. This is not a proof in any means but a starting point to voice suspicion and start investigation. And by this you can tell THERE IS CHEAT IN THIS GAME.

Oh and i want to add. Maybe ther have been some banns. Like single ones. More of a marketing strategy if u ask me. Nothing is happening for reporting ppl. forget it. I think they are not even reading it. Its an automatic response. The only thing that will change something is when the players numbers are going down because of cheating, then they will invest money and man power in it. This is not going to happen becuase pvp is a minority. VOICE IT EVERYWHERE AND PUT THIS STUFF ON YOUTUBE!
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on August 3, 2020 2:02PM
    PC/EU
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people can manage this patch to fly around rapidly shooting out trial boss attacks to kill other players in PvE zones while being completely untouchable themselves I think almost everything is possible.

Edit: That being said, there are a lot of rather bad players throwing out baseless cheat accusations everyday. I also got called a cheater multiple times, and when I'm asking them how I'm cheating exactly I never get a real reply.
    Edited by HankTwo on August 3, 2020 2:06PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    If people can manage this patch to fly around rapidly shooting out trial boss attacks to kill other players in PvE zones while being completely untouchable themselves I think almost everything is possible.

Edit: That being said, there are a lot of rather bad players throwing out baseless cheat accusations everyday. I also got called a cheater multiple times, and when I'm asking them how I'm cheating exactly I never get a real reply.

Well, when you are standing 50 feet off the ground, do they need to reply? :smiley: (JOKING!)

The thing about combat cheating is that there is so much "noise" in the way that the game works, it can be really hard to tell whether someone is cheating, lag is involved, there is a bug, or they are just really good at playing the game. The game is not reliable enough for players to use it to create forensic evidence that someone is cheating. Unless the cheater is doing something stupidly obvious, like standing above Vulkhel Guard killing players left and right.

ZOS is never going to ban someone based on a report from another player. That report might get ZOS to look at the situation, but if they cannot tell that cheating is happening, no ban will happen. Everything hinges on how well ZOS can detect cheating in the game.

I also want to add that this is not the first time a player has made a statement to show how easy it is to cheat in this game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268389/a-message-from-zazeer-hacking/p1

638878d2193542c4bfd57ad9b75ea3de.jpeg
    Edited by Elsonso on August 3, 2020 4:06PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Auto (third party mess) Def. Clearly AfK 10 mins plus. Go to use an (skill any) attack He puffs up & dodge-rolls.
    Didn't try to kill him, figured they where AfK & thought id leave a lil damage on there add-on BS. (I dont use add-ons)
    light attack - Dodge-roll (Repeat). Sence i dont use add-on idk if this is a add-on working, if it is that's (bs) botting imo.

And yes, i will l2p or GG. only been playing for 6 years. (Eyes-roll)
    Gert Soem!!