Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check Out ESO during QuakeCon At Home!"

• SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they have. Theres a post here, and its on the launcher, all that jazz.
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok new to all this Twitch streaming malarky.

Am I correct that all the Official streams are at ridiculous times for anyone outside of the US? Earliest on Saturday is 1am in the UK.

But if I chose to watch a Community stream at a vaguely sensible time will I get the shiny?
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple Saturday and Sunday at more reasonable times, the 1st is 9am UK time tomorrow.

They are listed in a way that is confusing but they are listed.
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    Also you'll still get a crate from one of the community streams, it's just the flaming pony that you need to watch the official streams for.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The charity stream was supposed to start 30 mins ago & it's still the Arkane people talking.

Needless to say, there's a lot of very angry and impatient people who aren't getting their ESO drops on Twitch right now...
    Edited by OldManJim on August 8, 2020 9:54AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    The charity stream was supposed to start 30 mins ago & it's still the Arkane people talking.

Needless to say, there's a lot of very angry and impatient people who aren't getting their ESO drops on Twitch right now...

I think it has changed to 2 pm UK time but I might be wrong
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Susan_Sto wrote: »
    Also you'll still get a crate from one of the community streams, it's just the flaming pony that you need to watch the official streams for.

Are you sure that is correct?

@ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hallothiel you can get the pony from any of the ESO streams this weekend
    Staff Post
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ta!

Sorry have another query! Watched end part of Icereach stream & Ophelia (?) mentioned a book giveaway but can’t find it as not 100% sure on name/spelling!

Did try and google what it sounded like (ki-ten books) but the algorithm seems determined to think I mean kitten 😡🤣🤣

@ZOS_SarahHecker
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Ta!

Sorry have another query! Watched end part of Icereach stream & Ophelia (?) mentioned a book giveaway but can’t find it as not 100% sure on name/spelling!

Did try and google what it sounded like (ki-ten books) but the algorithm seems determined to think I mean kitten 😡🤣🤣

@ZOS_SarahHecker

It's Titanbooks
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staff Post
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    So far this has been very confusing. There are different events across the different Bethesda channels and various official stream team channels (not all of them just ones on the schedule) events listed in the announcement on the website have links so people need to pay attention, they have ESO events scheduled through the US, DE, FR Bethesda twitch channels. The QuakeCon Schedule listed in the main Bethesda twitch account does NOT have any links or tell you what channel those events are on. So a lot of people just sit in the main Bethesda twitch channel and spam #ESO or asking about the pony while missing out on the event on the DE or FR channels.

I saw drops enabled on the Main Bethesda twitch channel. But when I switched over to the Bethesda DE twitch channel to watch one of the qualifying ESO streams, there was no 'drops enabled' flag / tag / notice on the stream title information area. But the bot kept saying that drops were enabled. So I tried refreshing, I tried following and then refreshing and I still could not see the drops enabled notice on the stream title information. So I have no clue if anyone is getting drops from that stream.

Then of course there's the problem that all times are listed in EST and people can miss that or do bad math on the time conversion so it would be nice to at least get the EST/CST/PST times listed side by side and we could go from there.
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    So have any1 rceived any drops? I only found bethesda main twitch to have 'drops enabled' info below it, but despite watching it 2 days for more than 10min I didn't receive anything.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t received the pet or any drops.

Edit: received the pet & a crate now. Thanks.
    Edited by OldManJim on August 9, 2020 8:20AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    So have any1 rceived any drops? I only found bethesda main twitch to have 'drops enabled' info below it, but despite watching it 2 days for more than 10min I didn't receive anything.
    I have watched the ESO Voice-Over Chat—Featuring Jennifer Hale & Robbie Daymond (Friday, August 7 at 1PM EDT at twitch.tv/Bethesda) stream, received both crate and pet about 12 hours later in the (local time) morning (so it is possible they were sent even earlier).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • not_without_coffee
    not_without_coffee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the roleplay stream with Dayeanne Hutton aka Aila the Huntress und Tony Noto, aka Tony, loudest warrior of Tamriel. It was fun, both of them. When is next roleplay stream?

• Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so if you got it and I didn't does it mean it is a CHANCE and not a guarantee and I'm just unlucky and 3 days will pass and I still can get nothing? The info provided is confusing.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so if you got it and I didn't does it mean it is a CHANCE and not a guarantee and I'm just unlucky and 3 days will pass and I still can get nothing? The info provided is confusing.
    Twitch has a default "offline mode" now. Did you change your mode to online? I think you should do so to get the drops.
    Edited by Olauron on August 9, 2020 10:11AM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a pony pet and a crate for watching the Voice Over stream on Friday. The separate email notifications for pet and crate both arrived here at the end of the day on Friday. Thanks ZOS for the pony and crate!

I watched the Icereach stream on Saturday, and did not receive any crate drop from that.

Based on my own results, crate drops are not guaranteed for every day that you watch. But I thought the pony drop was guaranteed if you watch any one ESO stream for at least 15 minutes.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the whole Ice reach stream and didn't get it. Maybe I was in "offline mode".
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the very last stream is having major technical issues.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    I did watch all of the ESO events yesterday and got my pony and another crate out of it. The ones I watched were on the main Bethesda 'US' channel and drops were definitely enabled. There was a bot announcing the count down to when the crate mails would go out, which was Midnight EST. Sure enough I had an email about an hour later saying I had received the pony, and when I woke up this morning, I had another one for a standard drop crate.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, if you still haven't received your pony pet by tomorrow morning after watching the QuakeCon streams please submit a support ticket so we can look into it further.
    Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd just like to say that the voiceover panel on Friday and today's art panel were really awesome. It's great to see some of the really talented and fun folks who do behind-the-scenes work on the game. I'd love to see more interviews and spotlights like these.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get my pony or crate :( Was fun watching the gearless dungeon run, but I'll admit I only logged in to twitch with the intent of getting the pony.
    Hey all, if you still haven't received your pony pet by tomorrow morning after watching the QuakeCon streams please submit a support ticket so we can look into it further.

@ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What category/subcategory should we make such a ticket under? I'm not finding much by way of category/subcategory that seems to fit this issue so haven't made my support ticket as yet...

edit: went with InGame Support - Missing Item. ticket #200810-003209
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 10, 2020 1:31PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • tigerdrsk
    tigerdrsk
    posted in the wrong pet thread on the other but also didn't get that pet either, but i'm a ps4 player, and so are relatives that have their own ps4 accounts on ps4 and twitch accounts and devices they watched the saturday presentation live as well as I did. None of us have gotten the pet or crate (s) we were supposed to get. usually twitch drops work too but there are times where it does this and it doesn't go through? how long does it take for others to get their drops? watched well over 20 mins or so
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I didn't get my pony or crate :( Was fun watching the gearless dungeon run, but I'll admit I only logged in to twitch with the intent of getting the pony.

@ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What category/subcategory should we make such a ticket under? I'm not finding much by way of category/subcategory that seems to fit this issue so haven't made my support ticket as yet...

edit: went with InGame Support - Missing Item. ticket #200810-003209

Missing Item is totally fine. It will get to the right place, and we'll get everyone straightened out.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people here seem to be more interested in their pet/mount/whatever drop than in the actual content of the stream.

I'll talk about the two streams I've watched because I was interested in the topics :
    - voice-over
    - art creation

Both streams were super-interesting... but the interesting and fun facts in them were diluted in such a high quantity of insignificant boring small talk that I found it really hard to stay tuned until the end.

I know it's corporate communication and PR and I accept that.
    I know the format is meant to be slow, relaxed, and give the feeling that we're all having and informal drink together - fine, too.

But sometimes, please consider that whatever you're talking about might not be really relevant or interesting, and also, please consider that viewers, albeit "gamers", do not ALL enjoy being talked to like 3-year-olds (or plain idiots).

Sorry for the somewhat negative review...

[snip]

[Edited to remove Non-Constructive content]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 10, 2020 4:03PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most people here seem to be more interested in their pet/mount/whatever drop than in the actual content of the stream.

I'll talk about the two streams I've watched because I was interested in the topics :
    - voice-over
    - art creation

Both streams were super-interesting... but the interesting and fun facts in them were diluted in such a high quantity of insignificant boring small talk that I found it really hard to stay tuned until the end.

I know it's corporate communication and PR and I accept that.
    I know the format is meant to be slow, relaxed, and give the feeling that we're all having and informal drink together - fine, too.

But sometimes, please consider that whatever you're talking about might not be really relevant or interesting, and also, please consider that viewers, albeit "gamers", do not ALL enjoy being talked to like 3-year-olds (or plain idiots).

Sorry for the somewhat negative review...

[snip]

You really, really need to chill.

Why should they hide their actual positions?
    When did they talk to someone like to 3-year-old?

Those are not professional conferences, those are literally "hi, these guys make your game" streams. I, personally, extremely enjoyed listening to jokes and stories and, like, being reminded that there are real people with their own lives behind all of this. Not sure what did you expect.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 10, 2020 4:04PM