The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Medium Armor - Agility II - how about increasing both spell and physical damage by 15%

boaz733
boaz733
✭✭✭
this change can give childbirth to some very interesting builds in both PVE and PVP.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't want hybrids; its proven by nerfing everything that hybrids actually use, then overbuffing sets that are supposedly meant for hybrids, yet give more power to pure builds and have restrictions that make them completely unusable on a hybrid.

I'm still waiting for a set that can give both crits to a useful level, even if 2/3 the amount of mother sorrow and leviathan or 6/10 the value. Too bad that won't ever happen. Instead we can get some meme proc sets everyone can pretend aren't unbalanced and OP that that destroy balance in PvP and generate even more lag...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    They don't want hybrids; its proven by nerfing everything that hybrids actually use, then overbuffing sets that are supposedly meant for hybrids, yet give more power to pure builds and have restrictions that make them completely unusable on a hybrid.

I'm still waiting for a set that can give both crits to a useful level, even if 2/3 the amount of mother sorrow and leviathan or 6/10 the value. Too bad that won't ever happen. Instead we can get some meme proc sets everyone can pretend aren't unbalanced and OP that that destroy balance in PvP and generate even more lag...

I think they have buffed proc sets to incentives people away from skills. When you can put all your attributes into health and build a tank that doesn't need to worry about recovery or damage multipliers.

I think a lot of people will go that route and with less skills to calculate they are probably hoping to improve performance like this. Proc sets have cooldowns and there for are limited in calculations I am guessing. It is also supported by the fact that they have ignored a decent portion of players telling them that proc sets are better than skills in their current proposed state. Despite ignoring many warnings in the past PTS cycles.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamrial One had a very fun tank proc set build several years ago. ZoS made changes but now with the current buffage to proc sets the build will be more viable and common with Malcath ring. Join the rave and build your proc set PVP and PVE character, run in a ball group and let all the sets do the work =)
    Edited by Sahidom on August 9, 2020 9:48PM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other passives of medium are all stamina related you would have to change them as well.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • setayco
    setayco
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason magicka dds perform better in PvE known fact. But this passive and fighters guild weapon damage % modifier is the reason for PvP imbalance as there are little to no universal spell damage OR max magicka increasing passives anymore. Mages guild needs a revamp aswell as the STAGNANT penetration buff light armor gets as it will never translate to 15% more TOTAL weapon damage. And with that in terms of reaching high tooltips healing and mitigation stamina will reign supreme for the remainder of this games lifetime. Best example is throwing on new moon and bone pirate/bright throat on necromancer and easily dominating on stamina’s side, but without harmony struggle to the brink of extinction with magicka necromancer.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that would work that way, then Concentration from light armour would give Spell & Weapon Penetration...
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, and everyone in PvP will be medium armor magicka killer - faster running, better protection and killing from distance. Why do you even want so big unbalance?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love this change as I am tired of the lazy pigeon-holing of roles that armor choice dictates.

You can wear whatever armor you like in a mainline TES game (especially the most recent ones) so why is this not the case in the MMO?

Armor classes ought to be-even handed with their bonuses and apply to both Magicka and Stamina. If that means that some more balancing or re-shuffling of passives also has to take place then so be it.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and everyone in PvP will be medium armor magicka killer - faster running, better protection and killing from distance. Why do you even want so big unbalance?

You'd sacrifice mag sustain and mag crit, which can be huge.

Also though your heals would be better due to more spell damage, penetration is HUGE for any content, and can be arguably better damage wise than a spell dmg modifier.
    Edited by JobooAGS on August 15, 2020 9:44PM