The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Burning Light should be an AoE. Also proc after any 4 skills used. When jabs become single target

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
I had two tabs opened and meant to put this here not in pvp section.

The stacks should be persistent. No timers.

Self Healing of any type removes the stack. You can still be healed by others and keep the stack. (Rofl I put any 4 skills used, I meant any DD 4 skills sued. Just imagine HEALING and burning light going off that would be devastating .Although it would make people think twice before rushing you lol)

If ranged moves are used it goes off in the vicinity where the ranged attack hit....

Must be 4 attacks...meaning you cant just hit 4 skills in air and expect it to go off.

PVE no problem....

PVP it gives me options...DEPTH....CLASS IDENTITY!!!

Ok guys now tear me apart...I'd like to hear your view on this.

Especially Mag Sorcs!! and of course the Templar classes themselves.
Edited by LuxLunae on August 8, 2020 10:54PM
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is to reduce random aoes in the game to reduce lag, I can't see zos making a single passive more complicated than most abilities in the game as well.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    The point is to reduce random aoes in the game to reduce lag, I can't see zos making a single passive more complicated than most abilities in the game as well.

it shouldn't be complicated

a simple coutner

a simple remove counter upon self heals

any damage dealing ability adds to the counter ...

acts like a normal aoe. Does not "SEEK" certain people out.

If we go by what you say, caltrops and ravaging, fury like weapons and skills should be removed as well.

Heals, AoE heals and Damage AoE that target people with lower health and usually work differently than a simple damage AoE.

Also it can't be spammed in multiple succession like the ball groups do in pvp.
    Edited by LuxLunae on August 9, 2020 3:40AM
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    MincVinyl wrote: »

it shouldn't be complicated

a simple coutner

a simple remove counter upon self heals

any damage dealing ability adds to the counter ...

acts like a normal aoe. Does not "SEEK" certain people out.

If we go by what you say, caltrops and ravaging, fury like weapons and skills should be removed as well.

Heals, AoE heals and Damage AoE that target people with lower health and usually work differently than a simple damage AoE.

Also it can't be spammed in multiple succession like the ball groups do in pvp.

I dunno why my notifications for the forums dont work anymore
    There is a difference when we talk about passive and active combat. (this debate will inevitably lead to the difference of why sets that give damage stats vs proc sets are different skill wise) In short the reason ravager is fine would be because it gives damage stat that the user must actively acquire and then make use of or else it is wasted. A proc for instance gives a guaranteed X damage on a cooldown. Funny when zos still tries to boast having a game with no cooldowns, but most players run procs that do the work for them on cooldown.

Imo the active/passive aspects of the game should not replace the other, things like gear sets and passives should serve the purpose of making what the player does stronger.....instead of being stronger for the player, if that makes sense. The devs already broke this though when they started moving towards procs/dots/aoe/effects tied to everything instead of having what the player contributes matter more. I guess I am just an older player though, this game used to be more fun when skill and counterplay were favored over guaranteed uncounterables, but it is whatever the masses want I suppose.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the burning light Passive and replace it with blinding light... every 4 damaging aedric spear abilities caster gains 50% dodge chance for 4 seconds...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Just remove the burning light Passive and replace it with blinding light... every 4 damaging aedric spear abilities caster gains 50% dodge chance for 4 seconds...

will work for pvp, i suppose (defensive wise. Burst is doomed anyway)
    However, the passive will be a huge loss for PvE DPS.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »

Woosh
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »

Woosh

yeah idk about those ones
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    I had two tabs opened and meant to put this here not in pvp section.

The stacks should be persistent. No timers.

Self Healing of any type removes the stack. You can still be healed by others and keep the stack. (Rofl I put any 4 skills used, I meant any DD 4 skills sued. Just imagine HEALING and burning light going off that would be devastating .Although it would make people think twice before rushing you lol)

If ranged moves are used it goes off in the vicinity where the ranged attack hit....

Must be 4 attacks...meaning you cant just hit 4 skills in air and expect it to go off.

PVE no problem....

PVP it gives me options...DEPTH....CLASS IDENTITY!!!

Ok guys now tear me apart...I'd like to hear your view on this.

Especially Mag Sorcs!! and of course the Templar classes themselves.

No, the whole remove stackson self healing is a stupid, zergling idea, sorry.
    All they have to do is make javelin, charge, radial sweep and sun shield give 2 stacks on hit instead of one, and it's problem solved for pvp.
    Also increase the duration from 1 second cuz its ridiculous, any kind stun dodge etc will have you waste ur stacks for no reason.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha what. no.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

haha what. no.

Why not? It’ll at least give templars a 50% chance to live the three seconds between aoes...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."