The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is dizzing OP?

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    Dizzy is fine. It does a lot of damage but it can be mitigated by simply dodging or blocking.

I think the issue with dizzy is just that it shows how subpar almost every other spammable is by comparison. The only one which comes close is jabs. Surprise attack doesn't do as much damage, but is often used in place because of everything else it does.

Those two aside, if you compare dizzy to birds, skulls, or stonefist, why on earth would you ever use them instead? The range can be nice in select few situations I suppose, but dizzy swing simply outclasses them in every single way. If you compare it against magicka spammables the discrepancy in damage starts to become hilarious almost.

Instead of nerfing dizzy because it actually does what it's supposed to do, class spammables should instead be reworked to actually be useful and not trash.

If one or two spammables are outliers compared to the rest, it's easier to nerf them than to buff everything else

ZOS agrees with your mindset. Many players think that turning the few cherries in a pile of crap into crap as well leaves you with nothing but a pile of crap.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITT: stamina players insist it's balanced, magicka players insist it isn't
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think dizzy needs a nerf. Each class should have access to a decent class stamina melee spammable though. At least to give stam another option. I don't get why zos obsesses over stam range spammables. Stam birds, venom skull and stone fist are the stupidest skills in the game. #stamwhip
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    It outperforms most spammables.
    But that doesn't necessarily means it needs a nerf. Just that other spammables need a buff, some drastically.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying swing is not the issue... the off balance stun with the follow up medium charged hvy attack is... u don’t even need to barely charge past a light attack to get it..
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."