The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is dizzing OP?

Vanagrand
Vanagrand
✭✭✭
What do you think about dizz dizz dizz execute?
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's right there with Snipe Snipe Snipe and also Streak Streak Streak.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till the test you’ll see stam players drop DW for 2H. My combo of streak DB spin won’t work anymore so it’s back to dizzy medium DB execute.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on August 3, 2020 8:04PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not OP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its fine.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can be dodgded, blocked, 0.8s cast time.

However is it gonna be good during AOE test? Yes it will, but these are just tests, who cares, I will stay in IC during that time so I can actually use class abillities and play the game I paid for.
    Edited by West93 on August 3, 2020 8:34PM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy needs cast time removed
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee skills should really hit harder than ranged abilities given the difficulty and increased risk to the user to perform the attack, dizzying can literally be outrun, if you have major expedition and snare immunity up d swing is basically useless against you given the channel slows the caster down. If any ability grossly overperforms it is snipe and particularly lethal arrow, it applies minor defile, always applies poisoned and when used correctly causes desyncs and is used in a disgusting gank combo with silver can kill you without you even realised you have been hit.
  • Merciful17
    Merciful17
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I find the skill very boring and annoying. Equpping dizzying swing with execute is basically easy mode for the majority of stamina classes. Yeah sure you can dodge it or block it but eventually you'll be out of stamina. Then you'll be set off balance and you will die if you play any mag character. Its also really hard to outrun it thanks to all the gap closers. The only way to outrun it is by using streak, NB stealth or shade. Warden also has an ability that they can use to get away with it but I rarely see it being used. The reasons why it's hard to get away from is because of the range which seems to be super buggy, probably thanks to lag and because you can just use a gap closer and use dizzying swings and repeat.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking and/or healing usually counters it...
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Merciful17 wrote: »
    Personally I find the skill very boring and annoying. Equpping dizzying swing with execute is basically easy mode for the majority of stamina classes. Yeah sure you can dodge it or block it but eventually you'll be out of stamina. Then you'll be set off balance and you will die if you play any mag character. Its also really hard to outrun it thanks to all the gap closers. The only way to outrun it is by using streak, NB stealth or shade. Warden also has an ability that they can use to get away with it but I rarely see it being used. The reasons why it's hard to get away from is because of the range which seems to be super buggy, probably thanks to lag and because you can just use a gap closer and use dizzying swings and repeat.

Don’t try to out run its, thats why people die to dizzy. Just walk through or roll dodge through them then attack them from behind.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Melee skills should really hit harder than ranged abilities given the difficulty and increased risk to the user to perform the attack, dizzying can literally be outrun, if you have major expedition and snare immunity up d swing is basically useless against you given the channel slows the caster down. If any ability grossly overperforms it is snipe and particularly lethal arrow, it applies minor defile, always applies poisoned and when used correctly causes desyncs and is used in a disgusting gank combo with silver can kill you without you even realised you have been hit.

To outrun dizzy swing even if you are 5m away from opponent and already in process of running away rather than reacting you would still need to move 2.5m/s faster than caster of dizzy swing. Aka move at over 180% movement speed compared to caster moving at 100%.

Anyway, caster doesnt get slowed down. You should try it.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merciful17 wrote: »
    Personally I find the skill very boring and annoying. Equpping dizzying swing with execute is basically easy mode for the majority of stamina classes.

Well, if the alternatives weren‘t so lackluster, or even missing, People wouldn‘t use is that much. Not everyone has the comfort of delayed, Hard hitting aoe burst with strong debuffs to complement. Some have to spam ds.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till the test you’ll see stam players drop DW for 2H. My combo of streak DB spin won’t work anymore so it’s back to dizzy medium DB execute.

Oh, nvm.. the stupid ae nerfs
    Edited by Canned_Apples on August 4, 2020 10:59PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

It has a cast? Funny how I get 4 of them on me in 2 seconds....
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy is fine. It does a lot of damage but it can be mitigated by simply dodging or blocking.

I think the issue with dizzy is just that it shows how subpar almost every other spammable is by comparison. The only one which comes close is jabs. Surprise attack doesn't do as much damage, but is often used in place because of everything else it does.

Those two aside, if you compare dizzy to birds, skulls, or stonefist, why on earth would you ever use them instead? The range can be nice in select few situations I suppose, but dizzy swing simply outclasses them in every single way. If you compare it against magicka spammables the discrepancy in damage starts to become hilarious almost.

Instead of nerfing dizzy because it actually does what it's supposed to do, class spammables should instead be reworked to actually be useful and not trash.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like so much has been nerfed already that it almost drives people to faction stack.

Damage berfed from multiple DOTs and spammables, and the dreaded AOE? Stack a bunch of them from multiple sources to make them effective.

Heals nerfed? Stack a bunch of them from multiple sources to make them effective.

Dizzy is something single target and individual, and should stay. They should unnerf everything else to make them much more potent, but make them not overlap. Promote individual strength over stacking, more self target, and eliminate the benefit of stacking up and spamming. No CDs needed.
  • eKsDee
    eKsDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff alternatives so that stam aren't pigeonholed into Dizzy/2H to compete, then talk about whether it's OP or not. It's so prevalent largely because it's the only good option available to most stamina classes, because all the others have been nerfed into mediocrity due to these same cries for nerfs.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    When most stamina only play defensive and then dizz dizz dizz execute is because something is wrong with that ability.

Yep, you can dogderoll it, and then stun to keep the presure up, but being able to just spam one skill and destroy all the noobs in your path seems a bit broken in my eyes.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s the last remaining stam spammable that isn’t complete crap after they butchered DW and SnB. Literally killed every playstyle because of nerfs.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

.8 second cast time plus 1 second GCD says that is false.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    When most stamina only play defensive and then dizz dizz dizz execute is because something is wrong with that ability.

Yep, you can dogderoll it, and then stun to keep the presure up, but being able to just spam one skill and destroy all the noobs in your path seems a bit broken in my eyes.

There is something wrong with your perspective. Go ahead and tell me, what's your rotation on YOUR stam sorc, stam DK etc.? Flurry, Flurry, Spin2Win? I'm waiting.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you played the game when the best combo was bleed,bleed,spin2win? Trust me, things are much more counterable now.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

and yet it happens.....
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is no plus, yes Dizzy can hit only once in GCD therefore there can be only 3 dizzy in 2s but there is no cast time plus gcd
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy would be super powered...but mine almost never lands in Lago-dil.

Especially if the monstrous blob groups are oozing all over the map, I get stuck in Dizzy-wind up

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭

There is something wrong with your perspective. Go ahead and tell me, what's your rotation on YOUR stam sorc, stam DK etc.? Flurry, Flurry, Spin2Win? I'm waiting.

I have none, i just compare their play stile with mine as main dk mag. I have to keep a constant eye open to keep the dots up, stun and immo as much as possible to help me with the healing and always trying to keep to pressure due i have none execute.

I compare that with dizz dizz dizz- execute that most stamina do and is like...is even funny only use 2 skills in your offensive?

And i assume is efficient af because loooots of them are using it. But feels to me like easy mode.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have none, i just compare their play stile with mine as main dk mag. I have to keep a constant eye open to keep the dots up, stun and immo as much as possible to help me with the healing and always trying to keep to pressure due i have none execute.

I compare that with dizz dizz dizz- execute that most stamina do and is like...is even funny only use 2 skills in your offensive?

And i assume is efficient af because loooots of them are using it. But feels to me like easy mode.

If it‘s funny or not doesn‘t matter. If you would actually play eg stamsorc you‘d know there isn‘t much else to do. No class spam, no class execute, no notable delayed burst. What do you expect?

Instead of pleading for nerfs, coming from a place of ignorance, you should ask for buffing alternatives. Those already were there but people here boarded the nerf train and ran them into the ground. Leaving some classes with nothing else to use.

Jokes are on the nerf herders. They brought the dizzy spam upon themselves.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    Dizzy is fine. It does a lot of damage but it can be mitigated by simply dodging or blocking.

I think the issue with dizzy is just that it shows how subpar almost every other spammable is by comparison. The only one which comes close is jabs. Surprise attack doesn't do as much damage, but is often used in place because of everything else it does.

Those two aside, if you compare dizzy to birds, skulls, or stonefist, why on earth would you ever use them instead? The range can be nice in select few situations I suppose, but dizzy swing simply outclasses them in every single way. If you compare it against magicka spammables the discrepancy in damage starts to become hilarious almost.

Instead of nerfing dizzy because it actually does what it's supposed to do, class spammables should instead be reworked to actually be useful and not trash.

If one or two spammables are outliers compared to the rest, it's easier to nerf them than to buff everything else
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭

If it‘s funny or not doesn‘t matter. If you would actually play eg stamsorc you‘d know there isn‘t much else to do. No class spam, no class execute, no notable delayed burst. What do you expect?

Instead of pleading for nerfs, coming from a place of ignorance, you should ask for buffing alternatives. Those already were there but people here boarded the nerf train and ran them into the ground. Leaving some classes with nothing else to use.

Jokes are on the nerf herders. They brought the dizzy spam upon themselves.

If my lash were able to do 6kdmg everytime and being able to stun if you keep attacking i wouldn't use any dot all. When an skill is able to carry all your dps something is wrong with that skill.

• nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is because you are comparing a DoT build with burst builds. No build just uses like Dizzy and Executioner. Every stam build uses a good number of other offensive skills on top of those two. Also magDK can just heal by staying in the fight and therefore uses only one heal skill compared to stam classes stacking multiple heals on top of each other which requires more bar space.

StamDK - Venom Claw, Noxious Breath, Dizzy and Executioner
    Stamsorc - Hurricane, quick cloak, dizzy and executioner
    Stamcro - BB, Archer, Mortal Coil, dizzy and executioner
    Stamden - shalks, swarm, dizzy and executioner

Stamblade and Stamplar don't even use dizzy as surprise attack and jabs straight up outclass dizzy. Jabs is the highest damage spammable in the game and surprise attack has inbuilt defense, stun and debuff attached, while also being instant and costing lesser than dizzy.